Something About Nothing............ #14

And we have a book....

The Light Between Oceans, M L Stedman.…...sounds quite a hard read but thoroughly recommended.

Some of the new members were glad we weren't just choosing brand new books.....that's one of the reasons the last club stopped meeting as one person, the rabble rouser, thought it should always be brand new books....er no.....nothing wrong with older books. This group seems very similar in ideas of what she should be doing......so, it was a lovely morning.....ordered everyone a copy and they`ll be here Friday......

Raining here again today, much cooler......easier to sleep that's for sure!

Didn't have lunch as pastries, meats and other stuff around 11am were ample......making bbq chicken thighs and pasta in a white wine and cream sauce......together they are delicious! And easy.......

Also did some baking.....turned out just ok......I wish I could bake better........ ::yes::

Schumi love the funnies! Esp the cat & dog lol!

Lynne continued wishes for getting over cold. They are so miserable!

Disxuni yes I sure have been lucky! My mom lived in N.Miami Beach backing on to Biscayne Bay, now in N. Ft. Lauderdale area close to Boca in an assisted living. Come close many times. My trips usually end in Orlando, with a visit to WDW or Universal so I think I’d just go up to Orlando early if it came down to it. I stay on the beach in an evac zone for that portion of trip, so I’d have to leave anyway.

Hey all. Turns out in la la land in an early bird nice trip so far. Traffic horrific. Almost 2.5 hours from la to Anaheim last night. Was told we would need tO leave 3 hours early to make the 10 a.m. Curtain call for first ACT show taping of the talent. Then wait 5 hours for 2nd portion is live show.no way Jose

doing pool day here at great wolf. StArting out with breakfast buffet cause it's the BE birthday wootads

on fire no idea how to switch pics over & still getting iPhone hijacks here but will try to post.

only like coffee with Bailey's in it. I think work might frown on that lol Usually coffee is my lake beverage.
I will pledge allegiance to this breakfast club lol
Hope Mac, Monykalyn, and chicken are feeling better soon.
haha sounds like a set up for a good joke. Do hope all on path to redo ery
have been working in getting our little book group back together.
make sure to share any good reads

And we have a book....

The Light Between Oceans, M L Stedman.…...sounds quite a hard read but thoroughly recommended.

Some of the new members were glad we weren't just choosing brand new books.....that's one of the reasons the last club stopped meeting as one person, the rabble rouser, thought it should always be brand new books....er no.....nothing wrong with older books. This group seems very similar in ideas of what she should be doing......so, it was a lovely morning.....ordered everyone a copy and they`ll be here Friday......

Raining here again today, much cooler......easier to sleep that's for sure!

Didn't have lunch as pastries, meats and other stuff around 11am were ample......making bbq chicken thighs and pasta in a white wine and cream sauce......together they are delicious! And easy.......

Also did some baking.....turned out just ok......I wish I could bake better........ ::yes::
That title sounds familiar. Was it made into a movie? Sounds like this group will be fun.

Hey all. Turns out in la la land in an early bird nice trip so far. Traffic horrific. Almost 2.5 hours from la to Anaheim last night. Was told we would need tO leave 3 hours early to make the 10 a.m. Curtain call for first ACT show taping of the talent. Then wait 5 hours for 2nd portion is live show.no way Jose

doing pool day here at great wolf. StArting out with breakfast buffet cause it's the BE birthday wootads

on fire no idea how to switch pics over & still getting iPhone hijacks here but will try to post.

Yikes that’s bad traffic. Usually I leave going home out of LAX but it’s mostly on a Saturday when there’s light traffic.
How are you enjoying Great Wolf?

That's a ridiculous time to expect folks to wait!!!! Doubt I`d wait that long for anything...…..

Glad trip is going well though.....your weather looks fabulous!!! Your pics are lovely...yep recognise those scary houses alright :rolleyes1...…...Enjoy..and Happy Birthday to GD (am I right) party: .:cake:

That title sounds familiar. Was it made into a movie? Sounds like this group will be fun.

Yes, it was made into a movie, but none of us has seen it so we don`t know the outcome......I think it`ll be a good choice. This group are lovely.....six of us are already long term friends......only one I had never met before, she`s my friend`s friend of a friend......lol.....but loves books and has wanted to join a group for a while. She`s a good fit......and she likes wine so she`ll fit in even better!!!

LAX to Anniheim (or Ventura, where I go to visit my daughter) is the most horrible slow moving parking lot I have ever encountered. Keisha glad you are relaxing now.

I baked blueberry muffins yesterday and had one for breakfast today. It’s been a long time since I made muffins. The cooler weather is inspiring me to bake.

LAX to Anniheim (or Ventura, where I go to visit my daughter) is the most horrible slow moving parking lot I have ever encountered. Keisha glad you are relaxing now.

I baked blueberry muffins yesterday and had one for breakfast today. It’s been a long time since I made muffins. The cooler weather is inspiring me to bake.
Ugh. When we fly I arrive on a morning flight on a Sunday and leave mid day on a Saturday so haven’t encountered bad traffic!

Happy Wednesday Sans family :wave2:

Keisha looks like you are having a great time on vacation. Nice pic of you and granddaughter by The Hollywood sign.

Had lovely dinner out last night for Tom’s birthday........it really was beautiful......we’ll go back to this little place......beautiful very old English style with beams and real fires.....not that they were needed yesterday! Boiling hot.....food was excellent......Kyle and I both had steak which were cooked to perfection the way we both like them. Tom had a home made steak and ale pie......and we had proper deep fried chips (fries) chunky and tasty........we all had dessert too....Kyle had his usual dense chocolate fudge cake dessert, I had ginger sponge with custard and Tom had sticky toffee pudding.....came with butterscotch sauce and some cream......oh my goodness!! We waddled back to the car........Kyle was driving so we could have a bottle of wine......did some skywatching last night too. That was fun.

What a nice meal to round out the birthday celebrations. The meal sounded yummy.

And, tissue box next to me. Seems a sore throat and runny nose. Hello drugs. Been taking you since last night. I do not like feeling sick. Tea is a good thing all day.

Lynne, sending you lots of mummy dust. Hope you feel better soon.

Glad we are home......roads around us are gridlocked....everyone is trying to get to the beach. Would dread to try and park today......we got what we wanted from the store and straight home.

Sounds like the traffic I got into when I went to see one of the rockets go off in Cocoa Beach.

Interesting goings on in the neighbourhood, the house a few doors up is being moved. I don’t know how they’re going to move it. We live on a hill.

That will be interesting to see.

Finally linked my AP to Universal APP and discovered I have the 6mo renewal bonus. I don’t know how that happened as we didn’t arrive and activate AP till we arrived late April. Maybe because I bought AP thru AAA. No idea but I’ll take it! Bonus!

What a nice treat to find out you were able to get the 6 months free.

Hi to Mac, Lynne, monyk, Sue, pumpkin, Robo, Robbie, Charade squirlz, keisha, Bobbie, disxuni, agavegirl and anyone else I missed.

Hey! :wave2: Tink hope all is well in your neck of the woods.

The girl squirrel is doing great. Very healthy and loves to eat. Probably 6 weeks old.

What a cute baby girl squirrel.

How’s the Iron Man SUV working out? I remember you bought one not to long ago.

What a cute baby girl squirrel.

How’s the Iron Man SUV working out? I remember you bought one not to long ago.

@Sue M its a goat milk formula made for puppies.

Robo the Kona is amazing. Very nice to drive and it really gets attention at shows.

Good evening and quick :car:. Nothing much going on today. My new sheets arrived. I have one set in the wash right now.

Lynne - Hope you are feeling better this evening.

Keisha's post is bringing me back to my June trip. I'd like to go back to southern CA soon.

Happy to see the little squirrel is going well.

Hello to everyone else. I'm looking forward to posts and pics from everyone's Orlando trips.

@Sue M its a goat milk formula made for puppies.

Robo the Kona is amazing. Very nice to drive and it really gets attention at shows.
Interesting about the goat milk formula!
I want a Kona. I have a Hyundai Sonata and every time I go for service I eye them. Last time I took a pic of the Kona with phone and sent it to the husband telling him I decided to trade mine in for that one!

Good evening and quick :car:. Nothing much going on today. My new sheets arrived. I have one set in the wash right now.

Lynne - Hope you are feeling better this evening.

Keisha's post is bringing me back to my June trip. I'd like to go back to southern CA soon.

Happy to see the little squirrel is going well.

Hello to everyone else. I'm looking forward to posts and pics from everyone's Orlando trips.
Meee too! Oh wait, I was just there, ugh!

Schumi have you received any updates from the airline about your travel dates?
I’ve been watching the hurricane updates on the news, it’s a bit concerning :worried:

Yes the hurricane is very disturbing...
I was to drive down to Ocala that Monday and now don't think that is a go for me.

I don't know what will happen to those that are flying in during that time period. (Monday)

I am hopeful Schumi will not have any issues for Sept 3.

:wave2: doing a quick stop in
Chicken growled at me again this am-had to take her out again but she's been out most of the day, and she layed an egg. Hoping she's over her drama, she still growled at me for collecting the eggs when she saw me in the coop (she was outside watching me). Good thing she isn't an aggressive one and doesn't peck me.
I love hearing about your feathered friends. They hzve such amazing personalities,
I baked blueberry muffins yesterday and had one for breakfast today. I
Now I need to bake. Tomorrow night I'll pop a couple of banana loaves into the oven. I have some perfect bananas on the counter that will make it just perfect
The girl squirrel is doing great
Sooooo Cute.
My new sheets arrived. I have one set in the wash right now.
I love new clean sheets!!! I love crawling into bed with those new, clean sheets!!!! That is probably one of the best things in the world.

Had a quiet day at work today. Put on youtube videos on Disney and Universal and shredded paper!!!! Such a hard day lol.
We had to pick up some things tonight for the weekend. It is moving day at the lake lot. It has sold. So we have to get our holiday trailer road worthy again. It has not rolled a wheel for 8 years. We just parked it out at the lake lot and slept and showered in it. So we went to get the rest of the things the hubby needs to do some work on it. But once this part is done, we may actually get to pull it to a lake next summer and actually camp in it again!!!

We decided on some fine dining tonight and went to Costco for supper :rotfl:Gotta love how cheap it is. Supper for three of us tonight for less than 15.00!!!!

I hope everyone in the path of the hurricane prepare and stay safe. I can't even imagine how scary it must be. I hope those of you who have travel plans, are not disrupted too much. I'll be sending many positive thoughts!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter