Something About Nothing............ #14

Hey all, i took a detour on the way home this morning & got off on the turnpike exit that has a chick-fil-a. After waiting in line for 20 min at drive thru realized they were only serving breakfast. Took that as a sign to hit one of the nearby outlets & double back to grab lunch for me & the youngest DS. He was thrilled with that surprise i dropped off. Will package up the turkey soup that is simmering and drop it off to him and eldest DS on way to softball game. Figure i’ll Sleep good tonight :)

Yepper, you did, congrats. Did you book a poolview or get comped an upgrade?

Putting that pedal to the metal, vrooooom

Haha only on this board does nobody bat at eye at that remark

Was the aisle nicely stocked?

Not once in all my visits have I ever eaten there. Line always so long. How is social distancing?

Thanks for posting the menu. When i looked at it earlier could’ve sworn it had cheesecake on it. Let me know what you wind up ordering, i’m Stumped on the appetizer. Nothing speaking to me.

I’ve spiked a lot of lemonade overr the years, never with gin. What did you settle upon?

Says the woman who “made” me drink a whole pitcher of strawberry/vodka lemonaide by myself at Millers last year pre HHN ;) Waste not want not

I was so disappointed in last season. Started out fun with the 80’s theme but just tanked for me.

Pink gin was decided upon......full of strawberries and blueberries too.....lush!!!

I quite enjoyed last season, but yes, it did go downhill.....loved the 80`s stuff though.....

Was thinking of you about 10 minutes ago, starting to watch a show with David Tennant in it......not sure about it.....he may or may not be a bad guy.......called Criminal United Kingdom....think it`s too slow......

We still have the ac on but have the door to the attached sunroom open so the cats can go back and forth.

It’s not blazing hot outside and so nice our temps dropped down.

It will become warmer tomorrow for us.

J’amie, do you have any upcoming plans for the Darkside?
I do!
I'm flying to visit/assess damages at our condos in Orange Beach after hurricane Sally.
After work at the condos, it's time to play in Orlando:cutie:
Will be at RPR Oct 12-16 and I cannot wait!

Don’t order it. For a light dessert, it was way too heavy and for a key lime taste, it did not have. From a last Christmas meal, I doubt I will eat there again. Seems they cut down when it’s that time of year. Sad, but you could have wheeled me out of there. So what do you? Walk over to this, starting soon enough:
F105BC74-3E7E-4240-89D4-FC4D03408433.jpeg

oooooooh a right side up picture. No turning device this time. LoL

Woot! Paris coming next month. Yeah, when in Fla need to stop into the Dark Side. 😊

Not very crowded, and, good thing I have a Platinum pass. Because I was after lunch when I came, parked right across from entry, and now sitting in reserved seat.

I do!
I'm flying to visit/assess damages at our condos in Orange Beach after hurricane Sally.

Gin waiting for you too Lori......🍸

Oh you`ll have a blast at RPR.....a well deserved break after this year!

A quick good evening. I am exhausted and just want to vegetate for a while. I was slammed at work today. Ended up working 2 hours over and still hadn't finished everything that needed to be done.

I am enjoying the pictures from Universal. Keep them coming.

I don't remember if I mentioned that I have decided to get plain magic bands for me and B and get skins to put on them. I found an Etsy shop that makes them and the owner worked up a custom one for B. Her favorite MCU character is Bucky Barnes. Here is the proof I was sent today.

Now I am just trying to decide what color band to get. B's favorite color is purple, but I don't think that would go well with this skin. Gray is an option or maybe red to match the star on his arm.

Some SW pictures from show and little aquarium:
F332585D-8736-4C48-85DD-4865385A3863.jpegF7A2A055-EB85-4A66-96B8-25C692FA4EBE.jpegE9A8DBA1-0337-4D7A-80AC-6525550C9FE9.jpegDE2E63D8-01CA-41CA-B66D-46F7BAE99F92.jpeg6CFC5CE8-1976-4C0E-83F3-C7A1D3367C69.jpeg8CAFE3A0-D41C-4528-8D08-A5B96E4E57AD.jpeg

Shared a nice pizza meal with Elsa. Was great to talk in person. And, since she has a later afternoon flight, we are hitting the parks for a few last hours tomorrow morning.

Just relaxing, and enjoy the HR hotel so far.

I do!

I’ll be back home by the time you are at RP

Anything else I want, I will get at the Walmart up the street on Turkey Lake. Or there’s a Target closer to Disney. Whatever
go to the new Target!
Target, 11619 Daryl Carter Pkwy,-it is gorgeous and at least last month-it was brand newly opened and the "masses" hadn't discovered it yet. Friendliest staff of any Target.
MonyK.......I`m guessing there`s a reason they`re called funeral potatoes........
Not sure of custom in UK but in Midwest (well I've only gone to funerals in midwest) USA people bring food and seems a "staple" casserole is the cheesy potato casserole. Although the BBQ places around here serve it with the brisket too-somehow the creamy cheese and spicy BBQ sauce go together.
Tom just asked me if I wanted a gin and lemonade.
OOOH yum. We had peach whiskey sours last night. Son wanted a "fancy" drink too-so experimented with some sample Monin (non alchoholic) flavored syrups I still had on hand-7Up and a mix of peach and mango-was actually pretty good!

Great view Lynne! Ah if Seaworld has a good black friday sale may pick up AP's for us-especially if they do it a early so can use that week.
Renewed my UOR AP (ouch-but 15 months so I will take it) - and since the 3 month free ends for new passes at end of month got son a seasonal AP. DD's UOR pass will be able to be renewed by end of year before the 3 month free promotion ends, and the TM said she will get the Florida resident rate with her school ID-will probably upgrade her to a premiere then too. She and friend went Saturday but guess it was pretty busy.

Garden cleaned out, and hubs supposed to assemble cold frame so I can keep some herbs this winter, maybe some winter squash. Still have buckets of tomatoes growing.

Weird having just the one kid at home when we had all 3 plus an extra for parts of this summer. Grocery bill went down a bit, spaced out Butcher box delivery more as freezer is well stocked.
Another lovely glitch with online assignment-for some reason son's Chromebook keeps disallowing him to submit his work-2nd time he's had to get it fixed and explain (and show teachers on seated days) that he's done the work and attempted to turn it in. (*rant here)

Hope the Uni peeps are having fun!!

go to the new Target!
Target, 11619 Daryl Carter Pkwy,-it is gorgeous and at least last month-it was brand newly opened and the "masses" hadn't discovered it yet. Friendliest staff of any Target.
Not sure of custom in UK but in Midwest (well I've only gone to funerals in midwest) USA people bring food and seems a "staple" casserole is the cheesy potato casserole. Although the BBQ places around here serve it with the brisket too-somehow the creamy cheese and spicy BBQ sauce go together.
OOOH yum. We had peach whiskey sours last night. Son wanted a "fancy" drink too-so experimented with some sample Monin (non alchoholic) flavored syrups I still had on hand-7Up and a mix of peach and mango-was actually pretty good!

Great view Lynne! Ah if Seaworld has a good black friday sale may pick up AP's for us-especially if they do it a early so can use that week.
Renewed my UOR AP (ouch-but 15 months so I will take it) - and since the 3 month free ends for new passes at end of month got son a seasonal AP. DD's UOR pass will be able to be renewed by end of year before the 3 month free promotion ends, and the TM said she will get the Florida resident rate with her school ID-will probably upgrade her to a premiere then too. She and friend went Saturday but guess it was pretty busy.

Garden cleaned out, and hubs supposed to assemble cold frame so I can keep some herbs this winter, maybe some winter squash. Still have buckets of tomatoes growing.

Weird having just the one kid at home when we had all 3 plus an extra for parts of this summer. Grocery bill went down a bit, spaced out Butcher box delivery more as freezer is well stocked.
Another lovely glitch with online assignment-for some reason son's Chromebook keeps disallowing him to submit his work-2nd time he's had to get it fixed and explain (and show teachers on seated days) that he's done the work and attempted to turn it in. (*rant here)

Hope the Uni peeps are having fun!!

In the UK we tend to have funeral meals in a hotel or similar, we don`t really do that whole bring food to it. Can be church halls or anywhere that has a venue. They sound good though, and I agree with the whole creamy cheese dishes going with spicy bbq sauce......first time I suggested that you`d have thought I suggested eating off the road!!

Your drinks sound good!! Never tried that one. Yes, like the Monin syrups.......

Nice you have some tomatoes still to enjoy.

Was great getting to meet Lynne tonight at the dark side! Couple of pics from today:

View attachment 527431

View attachment 527433

View attachment 527435

Nice pictures........another Dr Doom fan here too!!

Another sunny and warm day today.....we`ve to reach almost 80F which is lovely this time of year to get......all goes downhill tomorrow though......so will make the most of today and go for a walk, just the two of us today and then have a barbecue tonight.......

I`m thinking spicy teriyaki chicken skewers, bbq pork steaks and some lamb kofta skewers.......will see what else there is and I may change the offerings.

Definitely a beach walk today at some point.

Toast and a friends home made marmalade this morning......she is so good at it, I have never been that good at making it, so gave up and I am lucky to know many that make it so well.

Loving this late summer weather.........

cv126-X2.jpg

cv90-S.jpg

cv115-M.jpg

Happy Tuesday.....................

More lovely photographs thank you!

DS and DIL coming this evening for a meal and for Kev to give her a basics class on Excel as she has an interview next week and it is a package she’s hardly used. Request for Cottage Pie and “my cauliflower cheese” - which I make gluten free with creme fraiche and for some reason they love. Banofee Pie for after. Cottage pie and dessert are ready and cauliflower will only take a few minutes.

Glad they are coming today as it looks like another announcement today may mean no visitors again. Miserable. Not sure of the reasoning if we can meet in a restaurant but let’s wait and see what they say.

Another beautiful day. It looks like that may be changing soon but we can’t complain. (Though some will).

Laundry next while the sun is so warm.

90276B46-3C27-4AF7-818B-13D34D3E730C.jpeg

Holding my breath the popup HHN houses are continued next weekend!

I’m moving slowly, appears that the hours spent in the car yesterday & dip in temperatureswere enough to convince my back to act up. discovered when I got vertical this am. Never much issue there in the past. :confused3Heating pad will be my bestie today, seems to be helping the cause. It gets one day, have packing to do :)
Keisha:? Comped upgrade! Yay for me being a HR member.

Okay meal, I have had better filets that I had, but a lovely 3 course meal. After two large toasted coconut covered strips of chicken, with mango dip that did make my nose run. Then 8 ounce filet, a little too rare for my medium rare request. With not well cooked carrot sticks and a small broccoli stem, but hot temp potatoes were so good. Next up, Key Lime, like this:
View attachment 527364
Savings, about 20 dollars.
Since heading back to HR after demise of youfirst suite upgrades (wah) have been getting a one class upgrade

I’m happy with whatever is tossed our way :)

I'm flying to visit/assess da
Oh that stinks, hope not to much damage.

Tiny dancer’s family had condos in the area I think. She hasn’t posted in a while, hope she is doing well.
For a light dessert, it was way too heavy and for a key lime taste, it did not have. From a last Christmas meal, I doubt I will eat there again. Seems they cut down when it’s that time of year.
I’m not a lime person in general, esp when it comes to key lime pie. That version doesn’t look especially appetizing but might be the lighting in the venue lol.

Yep, that’s my complaint re Magical Dining, has nothing to do with the p andemic, the food & service often tend to be lackluster
Keisha I do remember our time at Miller’s last year.

and the beverages
thanks for the address! Can’t place it, will check on mapquest. We only have the small target grocery selections in our area & prices are whole food stratosphere but may stop by to check it out.
In the UK we tend to have funeral meals in a hotel or similar, we don`t really do that whole bring food to it. Can be church halls or anywhere that has a venue.
it’s a nationality/cultural thing that is still very popular with many in the US. In our area when somebody passes, it’s not uncommon find your house magically filled with food dropped off every day of the wake. Nice as the families generally congregate at one person’s home between funeral viewings & it’s one less thing to worry about for ‘the hostess’. The actual funeral lunch is most typically a potluck. I always bring a couple of roast turkey breasts sliced down in gravy or a large beef roast.

Know the old skool crowd often looks down their noses at those who cater it out or just take a private room at a rest arrant. No right or wrong in my book, food is food lol

Must have been a regional thing for people providing dinners after a funeral

We just went out to anyplace on the way home to grab food.

Hopefully UO will announce scare houses will be open when we all are there this month.

E1F46489-F1E5-4E41-8D5D-74DBA13DC30D.jpeg
It is a Taco Tuesday!

Bourne was interesting and kinda neat. No express pass, but I just walked on.

Hope Mac enjoys her Taco Bell food today. How about the rest of the homies?

Maybe Simpson for me, but not sure.

Hope all is doing well.

And thanks for the address MonyK. Will hit that after I do some shopping in Disney Springs one day. Maybe tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter