Something About Nothing............ #14

View attachment 527520

Holding my breath the popup HHN houses are continued next weekend!

I’m moving slowly, appears that the hours spent in the car yesterday & dip in temperatureswere enough to convince my back to act up. discovered when I got vertical this am. Never much issue there in the past. :confused3Heating pad will be my bestie today, seems to be helping the cause. It gets one day, have packing to do :)
Since heading back to HR after demise of youfirst suite upgrades (wah) have been getting a one class upgrade

I’m happy with whatever is tossed our way :)

Oh that stinks, hope not to much damage.

Tiny dancer’s family had condos in the area I think. She hasn’t posted in a while, hope she is doing well.

I’m not a lime person in general, esp when it comes to key lime pie. That version doesn’t look especially appetizing but might be the lighting in the venue lol.

Yep, that’s my complaint re Magical Dining, has nothing to do with the p andemic, the food & service often tend to be lackluster

thanks for the address! Can’t place it, will check on mapquest. We only have the small target grocery selections in our area & prices are whole food stratosphere but may stop by to check it out.

it’s a nationality/cultural thing that is still very popular with many in the US. In our area when somebody passes, it’s not uncommon find your house magically filled with food dropped off every day of the wake. Nice as the families generally congregate at one person’s home between funeral viewings & it’s one less thing to worry about for ‘the hostess’. The actual funeral lunch is most typically a potluck. I always bring a couple of roast turkey breasts sliced down in gravy or a large beef roast.

Know the old skool crowd often looks down their noses at those who cater it out or just take a private room at a rest arrant. No right or wrong in my book, food is food lol

Love Tigger!!

It`s funny our differences in things.

When my dad died, we had the service in their church, travelled 25 minutes to the crematorium, then back to a hotel for a laid on table service of sandwiches, snacks and a huge cake selection.....we all mentioned he would have loved it, beautiful but chilly day too. When my friend died we had just the service in the crematorium then over to the Golf Club for a fully laid out buffet.

Those tend to be the norm for funerals over here.......any we`ve been to have been one or the other. As you say, no right and wrongs......

The weather has changed here already......sun has gone and we just managed to get our barbecue before the temp just dropped.....not supposed to happen till early hours tomorrow......but, we had a good run.

Tom cooked our meal beautifully again....although he did have a hoodie on.......now I`m full.

Made up some strawberry ice cream so will have a little of that later, also made some honeycomb ice cream but will keep that for the weekend.

Looks like our Cotswold trip will still happen.....no real changes for us in the restrictions announced today, bit of a damp squib to be honest. Scotland has more restrictions put in place, so we wouldn`t have been able to visit mum if we`d waited. So glad we didn`t.

Quiet night ahead.

Pot of tea time........

What a nice day,
Started with this:
966744A7-99EE-4111-9EED-763A66CB05D9.jpeg

Went to the Tribute Store, pretty neat stuff, like this:
ECBC63ED-DE40-4322-9D12-C045F6857318.jpeg4CD96681-EB47-4097-829D-7B8FC192F9F0.jpeg

And so nice, there was 4 artists outside the Store this afternoon, and they signed the HHN shirt I bought for older one. They were so nice to talk to, and guy who created Jack signed, the guy who created the Undertaker signed, and two other guys that helped creat the houses over the years also signed.

Then had some pool time, why not? It felt hot. Cleaned up, got food down the road, and then walked through City Walk, ended up with this:
89C917F3-CB57-4D7C-8F3C-FF50D4A23931.jpeg

Supposed to have a strawberry lemon custard inside. Will let you know if I like it. Cute design. Was crowded even this later hour.

Good tunes being heard from the pool area, so listening to that, and relaxing. Deciding if VB again or just hit the other parks again. Will decide that tomorrow.

Hope all are having a great Tuesday night, and sign, first day of Fall. I did bring a pair of pants, and jacket, as I am almost sure I will need it on return. Evenings and days here have been so warm, no need for jacket or want to sweat in long pants. Excited to meet more homies soon. Safe travels all.

Lynne that 3rd picture is seriously scary

were the signings complementary on purchased merchandise? would be cool if they had a litho print of the various characters together

Yes, Keisha, was almost shocked it was free to sign whatever merchandise you bought that they created or worked on. Other person getting signatures while I was, had a poster. Was limited to this Tuesday from 1 to 4 pm. There was no line to signing, when I got there around 1:30, just that other person and I, so got to talk with each guy for a good few minutes. You can tell, they love their fans. And awww, come on, that Beetle Juice room was awesome. His eyes moved. Lots to see in that store. Even some of the HHN sweets for sale inside it too.

It was cool that Universal allowed such access to have stuff signed. Each guy was interesting to talk to, and neat to meet some of the guys behind the characters and designs of HHN.

Charade, time to turn our porch light on....

Wonder where our night light lady Charade was last night.........we need it now as it is dark in the mornings when I come downstairs......completely dark! That happened quick........

And it`s Wednesday already.......

Had such a lazy night last night.......after dinner we just slothed along the sofas in front of the tv.......and then everybody seemed to decide they wanted to chat! My phone never stopped.....nice to hear from friends of course.......

Started watching a show on Netflix that only has just been given a second season, The Haunting of Hill House.......first episode was slow, but a few scary jumps in it......

Rain started in the middle of the night and has to be on all day I believe. Looks grey and miserable this morning but my goodness the grass is all green around us.......always a silver lining.

Making lasagne for dinner tonight, had the butcher grind some steak for us yesterday, cooked it in the sauce last night as I prefer it the second day. Will make the cheese sauce fresh though later. Kyle will have something else as he`s not a big fan of lasagne. Will make them chicken mac n cheese....they both like that.

Lunch we will have shrimp wraps, with our shrimp cocktail sauce......

No plans to go out at all today in the rain.

cv116-X2.jpg

cv113-S.jpg

cv2426-X2.jpg

😁

Mid morning hello.

Waiting for our weekly grocery delivery - email to say no toilets rolls available. Oh goodness why are people overbuying again.

We had a lovely evening with my DS and DIL. As always they make us laugh.

@Lynne G wish I was there with you! Particularly loving the ride pictures.

Still dry here but rain predicted - will be the first in a long while.

Happy Wednesday to everyone x

44AB9355-31C9-4A1E-B9CB-215FF62DBF31.jpeg
Ah, rainy day for Schumi and Julie, this camel gets a sunny day, and I get a mostly cloudy day, but hey warm out, no rain predicted, so yay! And say, hey, hump day is here. Yep, that day of the week, a hump of day means a Friday is upon us soon enough.

And so, a happy Wednesday to you all.

Ack, yeah we still see empty shelves where I live, Julie. Besides those taking more than actually need, with all of us home now, we do seem to use supplies up faster.

Schumi, hope lunch was good, sounds tasty.

And so, making some coffee, and relaxing with some snacks. Not feeling pool time this morning, so will most likely take a stroll in the parks. Getting used to this hotel. I like it. Though with doors closed, I am finding it a lot of walking. Will see what Royal has as to access, on Friday.

Morning all, going to be a :snail:pace here today. Glad I have leftover stew for dinner. Always better the 2nd day sort of thing

Nice camel pic and LoL to the mummy funny!

20 minute or so wait, as arrived about 10 minutes after early entry start. Did this first:
06EF2409-E0F8-4F56-8940-FF12BE37930B.jpeg
Yep, no blonde hair flying around. Lol

Did other Potter ride, but not posted yet. One time it is great to be a single rider, as get your own ride everywhere, though mummy had one lady in the back and me in the front. Quick erase from TM and looks like I rode by myself. Other IOA Potter ride was a walk on, no need for express.

Beautiful sunny out right now. And eek,
E0FFB0BF-DF39-4765-849B-161A2A56A232.jpegWhat’s behind me?

Morning Sans family :wave2:

DBB0AD0F-F010-445C-A0B4-DEB16B31E3A0.jpeg

B060DF0D-3D0D-4AE4-B5D6-B79250F34D76.jpeg

Lynne loving the pictures. Looks like you are having a great time.

Elsa have A safe trip home. Glad to hear you and Lynne were able to meet up.

Having more problems with the renter neighbours. So upsetting as everyone else around us is so lovely and never come across anything like this before. Just glad we are detached but feel sorry for the elderly couple they are attached to. Just unfortunate I suppose but we have now found out who owns the property. A farmer that he works for.

Hope things are quieting down with your neighbors.

Weather is glorious, sun has been shining and it was so warm. Started the day off driving a similar car to the one is Kyle has ordered that`ll be here in November hopefully, but, they didn`t have a demonstrator when he ordered it, but got one in for us today. He is going to love it, same Mercedes he has now, but much more powerful engine........then we had lunch out and ate outside overlooking the sea, yes, it was that warm. Lovely lunch then Kyle said it had been a long time since we had went for a walk, so we walked along the beach for almost two hours. Gorgeous day with our boy and a lovely lunch. Perfect......:)

Sounds like a wonderful day all around.

Anyone watched Ratched on Netflix?

Niece told me about it too.......sounds good.......Sarah Paulson is awesome. I will have to give it a look.

DS and DIL coming this evening for a meal and for Kev to give her a basics class on Excel as she has an interview next week and it is a package she’s hardly used. Request for Cottage Pie and “my cauliflower cheese” - which I make gluten free with creme fraiche and for some reason they love. Banofee Pie for after. Cottage pie and dessert are ready and cauliflower will only take a few minutes.

Sounds like a nice evening with yummy food.

I’m moving slowly, appears that the hours spent in the car yesterday & dip in temperatureswere enough to convince my back to act up. discovered when I got vertical this am. Never much issue there in the past. :confused3Heating pad will be my bestie today, seems to be helping the cause. It gets one day, have packing to do :)

I hope your back feels better......no fun to not be feeling 100% before vacation sending lots of mummy dust your way the heating pad and rest will help.

Looks like our Cotswold trip will still happen.....no real changes for us in the restrictions announced today, bit of a damp squib to be honest. Scotland has more restrictions put in place, so we wouldn`t have been able to visit mum if we`d waited. So glad we didn`t.

Great to hear your plans In Cotswolds will be ok. You have and enough trip cancellations.

DLP looks like you and the family are having fun.....keep the pictures coming. Always nice to see Universal from someone else’s eyes.

I'm flying to visit/assess damages at our condos in Orange Beach after hurricane Sally.
After work at the condos, it's time to play in Orlando:cutie:
Will be at RPR Oct 12-16 and I cannot wait!

Hope your damage Is none or minimal....have a wonderful getaway to RPR.

Our weather here has changed and we are getting much cooler nights and warm days into mid 70’s to low 80’s. Has been really nice for being out in the yard.

Looking forward to upcoming trip to Universal. Looks like there will be a few Halloween things to see there even though HHN has been cancelled. Universal has come up with a way to celebrate in a smaller way, but looks nice.

Had a very nice trip to Kentucky to see our daughter and grandchildren
We had a nice meal and a lovely visit.

I’am starting to pull things together for my trip. I don’t usually do that early, but trying to be a little more organized this time. I have a few things going on the next few days so didn’t want to feel rushed.

Great nephews first birthday is Saturday. He is such a sweet baby. I so enjoy spending time with him. We are hosting his party at our home and we are all looking forward to celebrating his birthday. My niece is so awesome..... She is a single parent and she is a wonderful mommy. My sister told me baby Jude (her grandson) is surrounded by strong women and wonderful male role models in the family. Jude is a joy to us all.

Keisha safe travels on your trip to Orlando. The warm Florida sunshine might be just what you Need to make your back feel better.

Mac safe travels to you.....I know you will be happy to be back at Universal.

24421E6F-1AD2-433F-8A1D-E6483E9882DA.jpeg

Shout out to Tink, Patty, Sue, Monyk, Kstar, Disxumi and all the Sans family :wave2:

6196197A-F8D0-4DF7-A4F1-971E1A384A1A.jpeg

Not much planned today...need to go and pick up some of hubby’s favorite wine. I put some steaks out to grill for dinner this evening.

Have a great Wednesday everyone.

EF14AB3D-7B65-4095-81E9-61881F11A511.gif

Last edited:
More great pictures 👍🏻 though don’t know who that is in the last one?

@Robo56 glad your trip went well.

We had some lovely lamb and mint burgers tonight with lots of veg (no buns) and children ordinary little beef burgers. J eats his in a bun but L doesn’t eat bread so she had spaghetti with hers. Em not home until later she chose cheesy pasta. Not a burger fan.

Only early evening here but I am so tired not sure why but trying to keep going until bedtime so I’ve found us an Agatha Christie to watch.

Almost dark already at 7.15!

:wave2: doing a quick stop in

It is sooo great to see pictures of trips and hear of more countdowns that are single digits!!!! I will live vicariously through all of you!!!!

The dd and grandbaby left yesterday morning. We had a wonderful visit with them. Grammie got lots of kisses and hugs in. She got faster and fast at crawling while she was here :rotfl: Nothing will be safe when she gets back home now lol. Her favorite thing was...I took a laundry basket, put an unopened bag of flour in it ( so it wouldn't tip over ) and filled it with a few small dishtowels and her toys. She loved pulling herself up on that, then taking everything out of it!!! Funny how they love the simple things lol. Now her momma will probably do the same thing for her when she gets home :rolleyes1 Funny how Grammies' seem to know these little tips and tricks!

I am thinking we might have korean rice bowls for supper tonight - I forgot to take my protein out of the freezer this morning, so I am stuck making something with either ground beef or turkey for supper. Found a pinterest recipe I want to try. Some days I hate planning all the meals, some days I love it. It is a love/hate relationship with this task!

The weather has been relatively beautiful. Surprisingly we have had some great warm days. I have not put on socks ( besides one day ) yet. So I will take the warm weather while we get it! I hope everyone is enjoying their cooler temps that are coming.

I hope everyone is well. Take care everyone! Happy hump day...Friday is on the way ( Thank goodness ::yes:: )

Pumpkin, so nice to hear of GD being so active, and visiting with lots of love and hugs from Granmie.

Hoping to meet up with Dix and DisneyLife some time tomorrow. Gonna be much hotter than the last few days. Yep, hat, and suntan
lotion, free water cups, and seeking out shade and AC places.

Did a large number of rides and enjoyed a funny pet show today. Only lines I waited in was Hagrid ride, and express line for mummy. Everything else I did was walk on, no express needed. Went back to hotel around 4:30, enjoyed pool time and the music there. Then decided on road trip to get chicken nuggets, then stopped at Super Target and got some fruit, and soda bottles. It was not crowded and a huge store. We have two close Super Targets at home, and was happy to see same sales were down here, so between the sale items, my circle offers, and red card savings, not a bad price for all. Stocked enough to do me most of next week. Will haul over the rest if snacks and what I bought to Royal on Friday. Yeah, just when I am finally getting the layout of the HR. LoL

Oh, and while I am not a fan of that donut shop in City Walk, that AP donut was very good. The chocolate topping was tasty and the lemon filling was pink colored and was the perfect tartness and almost wished it had more, though a nice amount was inside it. And a raised dough kind, that I like better. Did not finish it, but for a splurge, it was a good pick.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter