Something About Nothing............ #14

Charade, I hate needles too
I remember when you wrote about your last blood draw

Well, been not a fun last couple days for me and have been tied up with new happenings at home these days

One of our cars needed work done and was to pick it up yesterday but found out they had to order parts

Of course we found out hours after they closed as owner called to explain the delay... hours after we went there

Have not packed yet but that is normal
Always been a last minute packer

Hi to all!

Fry-day!

RF - lovely scenery, smart to walk in picturesque surroundings. I generally use the local school track. It has that soft surface but oh-so boring

Universal first this time. Will be at HR for 4 nights

I know better...will spend the next 5 days at WDW In line...all the time Wishing they had FOTL for onsite guests lol

Sounds like the start of an off-color joke 😆

Nyucks aside, how cool to have a farmer deliver anything to your doorstep!

Lol starting Sunday off with a mimosa just might be order

lol.....I`ll certainly suggest mimosas......will say .......Janet said we have to....... :rotfl:

Oh I love a good raunchy joke.......can`t come up with one though........we`ve known them for a long time, and we are so close to them, he drops them at the gate when he passes.....can`t remember the last time we had to buy an egg!

Good morning everyone. Sorry I have been AWOL this week. Work has been very crazy (probably not the best description to use considering where I work) this week. We have been extra busy this week and I have been so tired when I get home that I just didn't want to do anything. I really need a vacation. We are planning another short trip to Busch Gardens in October. I forget who asked me about their Halloween event. As expected, this year it is a scaled back event. They are calling it Halloween Harvest. They are still only allowing a limited number of people in for 4 hour time slots. During the day they will have contactless trick-or-treating and a pumpkin scavenger hunt. At night there won't be any houses or scare zones, but they will have "roaming ghouls and goblins lurk around select areas of the park for distant frights and scares."

I think I mentioned before about my husband's online student who was caught plagiarizing. Well, she's back and up to her old tricks. She is also doing thins in another professor's class and was reprimanded about ti twice last semester. I don;t understand why she hasn't been kicked out of the program. The matter has been escalated to dh's superiors. The students is now trying to give sob stories. She says that her internet was out due to all the recent storms, she has a sick baby, and, my personal favorite, she didn't know that what she was doing was wrong. She has even asked my husband if she can send him all of her assignments prior to their due date for him to ollie over and tell her whatshe needs to do to correct them. Umm....NO. He is not going to pre-grade her assignments. Now get this - she is a graduate student in a Ph.D. program.

That's really cool that he does that. I would like to think that people around here would be that honest. I think most would, but then there are some...

Such a pretty place to see on your walk. The closest we have is a neighboring farm with lots of cows. I can't really walk to it though, but I drive past it almost every day. It's a prime piece of real estate, but I hope the farmer never sells it to a land developer.

I have been lurking all week and have been enjoying all of the pictures from Universal. Keep them coming.

I need to go out now for a blood draw for my thyroid check. Never a good experience for me. I have difficult veins.

Good to see you Charade.....

Not something anyone should be doing, especially such a student as that!

I remember when you wrote about your last blood draw

Well, been not a fun last couple days for me and have been tied up with new happenings at home these days

One of our cars needed work done and was to pick it up yesterday but found out they had to order parts

Of course we found out hours after they closed as owner called to explain the delay... hours after we went there

Hi to all!

Last minute packing is the way to go mac.......:thumbsup2

So you didn`t get the car last night after all? Goodness......glad you have your car there too if you needed anything......

Funny old day.......spoke to my cousin who lives South of Manchester this morning, she was heading to Leeds for work.......and they had snow!!! I knew it was colder up there, but snow......already :scared1:

Hope it stays up there!

Decided to make peppered chicken for tonight, creamy mashed potato has been requested and some veg.....yep, can do that. Also made a caramel apple crumble and will rustle up some custard later as I have plenty of eggs....it feels wintery although the sun has appeared the wind is still high all over the place......

We did go out this morning, but it was horrible......high winds like that are scary. The sea was quite the vision though......never seen it as wild for a long time.

Lazy afternoon and evening......no plans to go out tomorrow so made sure we have plenty for the weekend.

Days are passing so quickly........

Ah, gotta Keisha. Just left HR now at Royal. Look me up on Sunday.

Mac, yep, when it rains, it pours. Hope you get your car back today.

Room not ready, but at Tower 3. Lowest level, but that’s okay. Check in said fully booked this week. Eek.

@schumigirl what strange weather - obviously we are the opposite side of the Peak District to Leeds but we’ve had a beautiful sunny day here (thank goodness as today was a school walk day) though it cooled down tonight.

@Charade67 hope you get chance to relax after your busy few days. I too am mean when it comes to giving blood but was advised to drink a few glasses of water sometime before going for tests. Still a struggle.

Mac - no cats I’m afraid though we get plenty passing through the garden!

Keep up with your photographs!

I looked at Lynne’s pic for a minute and couldn’t figure it out

Upside down, lol
Now I remember it!

(I like seeing the pictures even if I have to move my phone upside down.)

I have to pack and trying to check predictions for weather.
I bring a mini umbrella and rain poncho each trip.. just in case

Today we did not get afternoon rain but it will start later during the night early morning hours.

My flight had a small change and I board at 6 am.
I dread flying in stormy weather.
It’s a puddle jumper flight for 22 minutes then a real plane in Atlanta.

As soon as the first flight is at sailing altitude, it starts to fly lower nearer the airport.

Safe travels for all the homies that are leaving soon.

Upside down, lol
Now I remember it!

Today we did not get afternoon rain but it will start later during the night early morning hours.

As soon as the first flight is at sailing altitude, it starts to fly lower nearer the airport.

Safe travels to you Mac, maybe we’ll see you next week sometime!

@schumigirl what strange weather - obviously we are the opposite side of the Peak District to Leeds but we’ve had a beautiful sunny day here (thank goodness as today was a school walk day) though it cooled down tonight.

@Charade67 hope you get chance to relax after your busy few days. I too am mean when it comes to giving blood but was advised to drink a few glasses of water sometime before going for tests. Still a struggle.

Mac - no cats I’m afraid though we get plenty passing through the garden!

Keep up with your photographs!

Glad you avoided the high winds.....my cousin in Alderley Edge was complaining of high winds this morning.....definitely cooler all over the UK now........another cousin who has a farm close to Nantwich had a tree fall over during the night, did some damage to one of their barns.......nasty wind.

It`s easing here tonight thankfully......think you might have some rain tonight according to forecast, but hasn`t eased here much all day apart from a few hours this afternoon......

Upside down, lol
Now I remember it!

You and Janet have one more sleep.......:cheer2:

Some nice plans afoot there for both of you........

Not fond of the sound of the puddle jumper......we once flew on a plane with propellors in Sweden many years ago.....scared the living daylights out of me as there was a snow storm.....vowed never again to fly in something so small......not as bad as the helicopter though.....will NEVER fly in one voluntarily........our pilot thought he was Maverick from Top Gun!!

My stomach thought it was in freefall.........:sick:

Yes, an umbrella is always a good idea.......

Dinner was lovely......now sampling one of our bottles of wine for tomorrow night.....we always have duplicates of ones we know we`ll like.......very nice!

Rain is bouncing down again.....looked like snow earlier, but just so heavy.

Planning "tattie scones" and bacon with sunny side up eggs tomorrow.....mac, you`ll miss it as you`ll be on your puddle jumper flight..........:laughing:

Nice to be in and all cosy tonight.......feels very much like winter.......::yes::

We are planning another short trip to Busch Gardens in October. I forget who asked me about their Halloween event. As expected, this year it is a scaled back event. They are calling it Halloween Harvest. They are still only allowing a limited number of people in for 4 hour time slots. During the day they will have contactless trick-or-treating and a pumpkin scavenger hunt. At night there won't be any houses or scare zones, but they will have "roaming ghouls and goblins lurk around select areas of the park for distant frights and scares."
It was me. Thanks for that info. Was considering taking my brood down but not so sure now as it’s a looong drive for us

I know your gov has been one to take things seriously. A shame he & the mrs are ill

No, really :duck:pot calling the kettle black, I’m still putting things in, then back out of suitcases lol My head is not in the game today

sucks re car troubles
Yay! I got my room and DisneyLife just got his. A very hot one today, with late afternoon rain. Will go back and take umbrella with me. Chilling at the AP lounge, charging my phone. AC, why yes!?
Did the upgrade train keep chugging along?

not sure I still have ur phone #. Hopefully, u have mine or macs somewhere. I’m rather lax at checking emails on vacation

Nope, not fond of my room, but as long as it is quiet. Never had such a low level, but hey, it is a room and the weather has been great. Hot hot hot. Came back from parks and ready for a pre dinner swim.

Somewhat productive day today. I stopped by the library to pick up the book I won, went for my blood work, and then picked up B's new prescription swim goggles. I asked her if she wanted to start using them now or wait for her birthday. She opted to wait.

It's not so much that I hate them, but I apparently have deep veins, so they are hard to stick. I almost always have to get the blood drawn from the back of my hand.

Hope the parts don;t are too long to her there. I am not an early packer. I usually pack clothes the day before a trip, and toiletries the morning of.

Funny old day.......spoke to my cousin who lives South of Manchester this morning, she was heading to Leeds for work.......and they had snow!!! I knew it was colder up there, but snow......already
Too early for snow. I thing we had some on Colorado last week, but that was in the mountains.

Thanks. I don't plan on doing much this weekend. I try drinking water beforehand too, but it has never helped me either.

Not fond of the sound of the puddle jumper......we once flew on a plane with propellors in Sweden many years ago.....scared the living daylights out of me as there was a snow storm.....vowed never again to fly in something so small......not as bad as the helicopter though.....will NEVER fly in one voluntarily........our pilot thought he was Maverick from Top Gun!!
Eek! I hate small planes. Not too fond of big ones either. I have flown in a helicopter once and it was not a terrible experience. I like it better than the time I was talked into riding in a Cessna. Never again.

It was me. Thanks for that info. Was considering taking my brood down but not so sure now as it’s a looong drive for us
Yeah, probably not worth a long drive for just 4 hours. Not all of the park will be open either. Hopefully they will get back to normal operations next year.

I know your gov has been one to take things seriously. A shame he & the mrs are ill
The news said that he has no symptoms and his wife's are mild. Hopefully it won't get any worse.

The number of Covid cases at B's school have dropped slightly. Hopefully they will continue to go down.

@schumigirl Alderley Edge is only 4 miles from us! Small world really.

We have started watching Designated Survivor on Netflix. Not watched it before. I’m not gripped yet but Kev is comfortable and much more relaxed after his busy day.

Safe travels Mac.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter