Something About Nothing............ #14

Nice you had a good meal there, DisneyLife. I have seen mixed reviews of it on the AP Facebook page. I was not fond of the meal I had there 2 years ago, and have not been back. I may see if they have the milkshakes quick service. I did like mine enough, but they are pricey. I have a couple of the plastic cups they come in. I put stuff in them on my desk at home.

Nice you had a good meal there, DisneyLife. I have seen mixed reviews of it on the AP Facebook page. I was not fond of the meal I had there 2 years ago, and have not been back. I may see if they have the milkshakes quick service. I did like mine enough, but they are pricey. I have a couple of the plastic cups they come in. I put stuff in them on my desk at home.

Yes I’ve seen mixed reviews but we have never had a bad experience there so far, we keep the cups also.

Margaritaville was awesome last night also.

Robbie glad to hear you’ll be able to enjoy the parks.

Hmmm, did Ms Charade forget to pay the electric bill? Time to pass the hat guys :).

email to say no toilets rolls available. Oh goodness why are people overbuying again.
I’m still sitting on :) half a package fromthe spring. Have to use the scotts single ply or things tend to get wonky with our old pipes. Thankfully, amazon drops 32 rolls off at my house every few months. Good thing, as my kids do tend to ‘grocery shop’ when they visit the old homestead. Strangest things...Q-tips, toothpaste, deoderant & toothbrushes seem to be popular :confused3 You’d think they’d hit up the chest freezer for some prime beef.
:rotfl: Nothing will be safe when she gets back home now lol
Your work here is done :). Sounds like a great visit.
View attachment 527796
Absolutely Fabulous dinner at Toothsome tonight!!!
Nice view, can’t say we’ve ever had one there lol. I like toothsome, good sandwiches. Mr addicted to their shakes.
Sadly, It’s been far more miss than hit for me over the years. Do like their pretzels washed down with a few cold ones.

I could eat pizza fries every day there and be happy

Look forward to a picture of you all together tomorrow! So good to see some “normal” activity.

Forecast was poor but we have a beautiful (though cooler) day here today. Clear blue sky and trees are slowly beginning to turn.

We have done school run and now having a coffee. Some household tasks to be done but then we are going to get out in the fresh air. Kev has a lot on tomorrow with internment of MIL’s ashes and completion on her property predicted but not confirmed - my usual man who we all turn to for help is struggling a bit so I hope some exercise and sunshine may help.

Hope everyone enjoys their day.

Woke up about a half hour ago and soon going to be taking off around 6:20 (was originally 6:30 but I forgot I didn't have a full tank of gas). Park opens up at 9am, but I always take off early in case of traffic during the weekdays and also the fact that I have no idea what security and everything else is like. It usually takes me around an hour and 20-30 minutes to drive to the Darkside.

@DisneyLifePapioNe those pictures are looking good also @Lynne G's as well. I used to be eager to go to Toothsome, but I've heard so many mixed reviews, slightly on the more negative side except their milkshakes, so then I just naturally never went. Maybe some day, but it's never been on my to do list so I naturally haven't gone yet.

Due to the hot weather I'm doing the one thing I never do usually when I go to Universal and that is bring a backpack with water bottles and a cooling towel. I don't know if my backpack fits into the new free lockers so I might have to wait it out, not sure. I will be bringing an umbrella too for shade. Last time I used it my friends kept making Michael Jackson jokes.

Anywho, I hope all you homies have a good day, looking forward to meet!

Hope @Charade67 is alright.

Last edited:
Morning Sans family :wave2:

View attachment 527680

View attachment 527685

Lynne loving the pictures. Looks like you are having a great time.

Elsa have A safe trip home. Glad to hear you and Lynne were able to meet up.

Hope things are quieting down with your neighbors.

Sounds like a wonderful day all around.

Niece told me about it too.......sounds good.......Sarah Paulson is awesome. I will have to give it a look.

Sounds like a nice evening with yummy food.

I hope your back feels better......no fun to not be feeling 100% before vacation sending lots of mummy dust your way the heating pad and rest will help.

Great to hear your plans In Cotswolds will be ok. You have and enough trip cancellations.

DLP looks like you and the family are having fun.....keep the pictures coming. Always nice to see Universal from someone else’s eyes.

Hope your damage Is none or minimal....have a wonderful getaway to RPR.

Our weather here has changed and we are getting much cooler nights and warm days into mid 70’s to low 80’s. Has been really nice for being out in the yard.

Looking forward to upcoming trip to Universal. Looks like there will be a few Halloween things to see there even though HHN has been cancelled. Universal has come up with a way to celebrate in a smaller way, but looks nice.

Had a very nice trip to Kentucky to see our daughter and grandchildren
We had a nice meal and a lovely visit.

I’am starting to pull things together for my trip. I don’t usually do that early, but trying to be a little more organized this time. I have a few things going on the next few days so didn’t want to feel rushed.

Great nephews first birthday is Saturday. He is such a sweet baby. I so enjoy spending time with him. We are hosting his party at our home and we are all looking forward to celebrating his birthday. My niece is so awesome..... She is a single parent and she is a wonderful mommy. My sister told me baby Jude (her grandson) is surrounded by strong women and wonderful male role models in the family. Jude is a joy to us all.

Keisha safe travels on your trip to Orlando. The warm Florida sunshine might be just what you Need to make your back feel better.

Mac safe travels to you.....I know you will be happy to be back at Universal.

View attachment 527694

Shout out to Tink, Patty, Sue, Monyk, Kstar, Disxumi and all the Sans family :wave2:

View attachment 527687

Not much planned today...need to go and pick up some of hubby’s favorite wine. I put some steaks out to grill for dinner this evening.

Have a great Wednesday everyone.

View attachment 527681

Have a lovely weekend with your family Robo....spending time with a baby is always gorgeous! And I`m sure you`ll be all ready for your time in Orlando.

Yes, we`re loooking forward to getting away soon for another little trip.......hope the steaks and wine were lovely.......

:wave2: doing a quick stop in

It is sooo great to see pictures of trips and hear of more countdowns that are single digits!!!! I will live vicariously through all of you!!!!

The dd and grandbaby left yesterday morning. We had a wonderful visit with them. Grammie got lots of kisses and hugs in. She got faster and fast at crawling while she was here :rotfl: Nothing will be safe when she gets back home now lol. Her favorite thing was...I took a laundry basket, put an unopened bag of flour in it ( so it wouldn't tip over ) and filled it with a few small dishtowels and her toys. She loved pulling herself up on that, then taking everything out of it!!! Funny how they love the simple things lol. Now her momma will probably do the same thing for her when she gets home :rolleyes1 Funny how Grammies' seem to know these little tips and tricks!

I am thinking we might have korean rice bowls for supper tonight - I forgot to take my protein out of the freezer this morning, so I am stuck making something with either ground beef or turkey for supper. Found a pinterest recipe I want to try. Some days I hate planning all the meals, some days I love it. It is a love/hate relationship with this task!

The weather has been relatively beautiful. Surprisingly we have had some great warm days. I have not put on socks ( besides one day ) yet. So I will take the warm weather while we get it! I hope everyone is enjoying their cooler temps that are coming.

I hope everyone is well. Take care everyone! Happy hump day...Friday is on the way ( Thank goodness ::yes:: )

Glad you had such a wonderful visit with the baby and your daughter.......that is an energetic age....they want to be into everything.......

You take care too and good to see you.......

Robbie glad to hear you’ll be able to enjoy the parks.

Hmmm, did Ms Charade forget to pay the electric bill? Time to pass the hat guys :).

I’m still sitting on :) half a package fromthe spring. Have to use the scotts single ply or things tend to get wonky with our old pipes. Thankfully, amazon drops 32 rolls off at my house every few months. Good thing, as my kids do tend to ‘grocery shop’ when they visit the old homestead. Strangest things...Q-tips, toothpaste, deoderant & toothbrushes seem to be popular :confused3 You’d think they’d hit up the chest freezer for some prime beef.

Your work here is done :). Sounds like a great visit.

Nice view, can’t say we’ve ever had one there lol. I like toothsome, good sandwiches. Mr addicted to their shakes.

Sadly, It’s been far more miss than hit for me over the years. Do like their pretzels washed down with a few cold ones.

I could eat pizza fries every day there and be happy

Ah, Janet, then they`d need to cook them if they took the meat! Best to leave them with mum and as you are such a wonderful cook......understandable.......I`d do the same if I was them.......::yes::

No shortages here so far, stores are all well stocked. But we buy our toilet rolls/kitchen roll from the equivalent of Costco here.......handy and we still have loads in store anyway.

Lynne....I did quote one of your posts....not sure which one......but it`s disappeared.......glad you`re having fun and sounds like you`re busy.

Shout out to Charade.........

Rain never stopped the whole day yesterday, even into last night. So, had a baking and cooking late afternoon and evening. Nice to be productive while being stuck inside.

Think we`re all due more rain in the UK later today..........

Been out to our usual little haunts for groceries this morning, picked up some lovely fresh short ribs for Sunday. We didn`t need much today and came home to 18 eggs sitting outside our gates from our farmer neighbour. Little thank you for the rest of the apples delivered to them over last couple of days. Little note to say chutney`s and apple pies to follow......love em!!!

Having dinner from the fish and chip shop tonight.......haven`t done that for a while......lunch is a mini charcuterie plate, olive bread and sweet and spicy balsamic dip. Food is sorted for the day......

cv99-L.jpg

cv73-XL.jpg

cv124-M.jpg

Have a great Thursday whatever you`re doing.......::yes::

Last edited:

Yep, it’s going to be a very hot one today. Pool looks lovely, last night here. Then some Royal room views tomorrow. I hope I am as lucky.

Safe travels to the park, Dix. I hope you get past security quick, and a good parking spot. Look forward you meeting up with you.

Coffee made, phone charged, suntan lotion on, and of course my hat. Will probably leave for the parks soon enough. I may walk, as I really like how close the HR is. I don’t walk as much from Royal, as it is a bit longer walk. I will say, the boats seem to be plentiful. And with the other two boat hotels closed, there is no waiting for a boat to pass. So quicker in some ways. Though at City Walk, I have seen lines waiting for a boat for both hotels.

Happy Thirsty Thursday homies. Drink up! No need to be dehydrated, particularly those in the heat.

Slowly I turn, step by step...time to get cracking here & start to prep for trip. I’ve been fiddling around with WDW park reservations & dining changes. May switch out the Disney hotel too not amused no boat service from boardwalk area to DHS. That is one long, hot walk. Over a mile, yes, I’ve gauged it over the years lol

may walk, as I really like how close the HR is. I don’t walk as much from Royal, as it is a bit longer walk. I will say, the boats seem to be plentiful.
Have only bothered to take the boat from HRH a few times. Depends on which wing in resort, but even for a slow walker like me it’s easy. The shaded path really helps that cause.

disuxuni- looks like I’llbe missing u this go round but look forward to seeing any/all group pics of the sans people :)

Great photo Lynne!
Hope you enjoy the rest of your day.
Catch up tomorrow as off to early bed for a read now.
Early start in the morning and will be a long day so planning “fishy Friday” as L calls it with take out fish and chips (which I think Carole was having tonight).
Night all x

:wave2: Making a quick afternoon stop in!

Great nephews first birthday is Saturday. He is such a sweet baby. I so enjoy spending time with him. We are hosting his party at our home and we are all looking forward to celebrating his birthday. My niece is so awesome..... She is a single parent and she is a wonderful mommy. My sister told me baby Jude (her grandson) is surrounded by strong women and wonderful male role models in the family. Jude is a joy to us all.
It is great to be surrounded by strong women. I have been lucky to be surrounded by some amazing women...some are family, some are friends. We need more strong in our world today.
Did a large number of rides and enjoyed a funny pet show today. Only lines I waited in was Hagrid ride, and express line for mummy. Everything else I did was walk on, no express needed. Went back to hotel around 4:30, enjoyed pool time and the music there. Then decided on road trip to get chicken nuggets, then stopped at Super Target and got some fruit, and soda bottles. It was not crowded and a huge store. We have two close Super Targets at home, and was happy to see same sales were down here, so between the sale items, my circle offers, and red card savings, not a bad price for all. Stocked enough to do me most of next week. Will haul over the rest if snacks and what I bought to Royal on Friday. Yeah, just when I am finally getting the layout of the HR. LoL
The pictures look like SO MUCH FUN!!!!! Enjoy every moment!
Enjoy!!!! Loving your pictures as well!
Woke up about a half hour ago and soon going to be taking off around 6:20 (was originally 6:30 but I forgot I didn't have a full tank of gas). Park opens up at 9am, but I always take off early in case of traffic during the weekdays and also the fact that I have no idea what security and everything else is like. It usually takes me around an hour and 20-30 minutes to drive to the Darkside.
Have fun!!!!! Enjoy the heat and take those breaks ::yes::
Been out to our usual little haunts for groceries this morning, picked up some lovely fresh short ribs for Sunday. We didn`t need much today and came home to 18 eggs sitting outside our gates from our farmer neighbour. Little thank you for the rest of the apples delivered to them over last couple of days. Little note to say chutney`s and apple pies to follow......love em!!!
I love little gifts like that. A good friend who had a garden this summer dropped by the other day and gifted me some of her squashes! Her garden produced so much this year, she gave away so much of her produce to friends and family. I was sooo happy to get some squash.
Slowly I turn, step by step...time to get cracking here & start to prep for trip. I’ve been fiddling around with WDW park reservations & dining changes. May switch out the Disney hotel too not amused no boat service from boardwalk area to DHS. That is one long, hot walk. Over a mile, yes, I’ve gauged it over the years lol
So much fun. Fine tuning the trip is half the fun!!!!! How many days left in your countdown?

I have 10 minutes to go before work is done!!!!! And I am glad!!!!! It has been one of those days!!!!!

The kiddo did NOT wake up, so I woke to a very quiet house ( when I normally wake up ) thinking....it's not the weekend yet....why is it so quiet. Got him up, and into the shower. I drove him to school. Fought traffic, as we have soooooooooooo much road construction right now trying to finish up. I did stop to get a tea and muffin as well. Thank goodness my work does not care when I arrive, as long as I get all my work done in a day.

My mouse roller ball stopped working. So I went in search of a spare one to replace it. Found one, crawled around on the dirty floor plugging and unplugging...only to find out it doesn't work either. Guess I will be telling the manager to get me a nice new one tomorrow. Thank goodness I was almost done all my work for the day.

Good thing I get to go home to a quiet house. Ds 1 is out of town for work,, Ds2 went to a friends house after school....dh is going to his Dad's to help is brother do an oil change on his dad's atv's . I am going to go home...pour myself a beverage, and maybe set up my project room again. I had to dismantle it when the DD and grandbaby came. The youngest ds gives up his room for his sister and the baby and sleeps in my spare room. It has a murphy bed in it. But to make room for the bed...I have to take down my sewing machine. I need to sew together a little slip for the grandbaby for her chirstening in a couple of weeks.

Well...I should pack up and head home. I wonder what beverage I will have when I get home!!!!

Safe travels to Mac to Keisha on Saturday. Have fun with mouse first, Keisha.

Great day, hanging with Dix for the morning and sharing lunch, then some afternoon rides with DisneyLife’s family. Then just rested, snacked, then took a nice dip in the pool. Will most likely hit downstairs for some thing to eat for a later dinner. Then will pack up, for move over to RPR tomorrow.

Hope all are doing well.

Great day, hanging with Dix for the morning and sharing lunch, then some afternoon rides with DisneyLife’s family. Then just rested, snacked, then took a nice dip in the pool. Will most likely hit downstairs for some thing to eat for a later dinner. Then will pack up, for move over to RPR tomorrow.

Hope all are doing well.

Enjoyed the meet up!

Pool time now!

Nice relaxing dinner a little bit ago.

View attachment 527856
Galaxy Defenders, Dix and me.

Glad you had a nice time with each other.......

Wheels should be on ground at 2:30 pm
Saturday!

Something bubbly lol

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Did somebody mention bubbly...........:rolleyes1

Pumpkin......I did quote you too.....I must be doing something with my quotes last few days........hope you got something nice when you got home......yes, something sparkly is always nice.......

Yes, the farmer drops off eggs every week, not always 18 though......they have a lot of chickens up there. Not sure he realises but we always drop money in their honesty box outside, as they leave the eggs boxed up and folks come get them and leave money......sounds odd but quite common over here in certain areas. They get all of our fruit so he thinks he has to repay us somehow......

I love squash!! Wish we could grow things like that here......

Have a great weekend pumpkin..........

Well, wild and woolly over here in the UK right now........cold temps and high winds are the order of the day. Temps don`t look too bad, but the real feel is much lower according to weather folks.

Did hear the wind through the night and it was wild. Think our trees have been helped along with the losing of the leaves....they`re everywhere this morning......and we need to nip out. I have two birthday cards to buy, one I can hand in Sunday night and one can be posted Monday morning with her gift.....don`t want to go to shops over the weekend.......rain isn`t on now so hopefully we`ll be out and back before it gets worse again. Definitely winter jacket and warm Russian Front hat this morning!

Friends and I decided tomorrow night to have a zoom wine tasting........so, it was down to Tom and I to choose 6 wines for everyone to get........we kinda cheated as we chose 6 from our own wine selection..........lol........and everyone has managed to get them. Looking forward to it. 4 other couples will doing it too. So I think breakfast may be late on Sunday morning :rotfl:

I wanted to do it tonight, but two had to be up early tomorrow morning.....yes, not a good idea.......so Saturday it is.

No idea for food today...........will have a think.......

cv107-S.jpg

cv76-L.jpg

Have the best Friday...........:thumbsup2

Can’t tell you how good it is to see you all enjoy travels.

Friday at last. Looking forward to a couple of slow starts over the weekend. Beautiful morning walk to school and now preparing for some paperwork and business that I’ve been postponing.

I’ve booked a slot at a National Trust property tomorrow so we will do a nature walk as I promised L we’d set up a nature table in the hallway.

This is one of the spots we stop on our morning school walk - difficult to see but there are ponies, sheep and Llamas.

36585D13-EDA9-413B-84F1-BBDCBA1D60DD.jpeg

Fry-day!

RF - lovely scenery, smart to walk in picturesque surroundings. I generally use the local school track. It has that soft surface but oh-so boring

Hope all are doing well.
Universal first this time. Will be at HR for 4 nights

I know better...will spend the next 5 days at WDW In line...all the time Wishing they had FOTL for onsite guests lol
the farmer drops off eggs every week, not always 18 though....
Sounds like the start of an off-color joke 😆

Nyucks aside, how cool to have a farmer deliver anything to your doorstep!

Friends and I decided tomorrow night to have a zoom wine tasting........so, it was down to Tom and I to choose 6 wines for everyone to get........we kinda cheated as we chose 6 from our own wine selection..........lol........and everyone has managed to get them. Looking forward to it. 4 other couples will doing it too. So I think breakfast may be late on Sunday morning :rotfl:
Lol starting Sunday off with a mimosa just might be order

Good morning everyone. Sorry I have been AWOL this week. Work has been very crazy (probably not the best description to use considering where I work) this week. We have been extra busy this week and I have been so tired when I get home that I just didn't want to do anything. I really need a vacation. We are planning another short trip to Busch Gardens in October. I forget who asked me about their Halloween event. As expected, this year it is a scaled back event. They are calling it Halloween Harvest. They are still only allowing a limited number of people in for 4 hour time slots. During the day they will have contactless trick-or-treating and a pumpkin scavenger hunt. At night there won't be any houses or scare zones, but they will have "roaming ghouls and goblins lurk around select areas of the park for distant frights and scares."

I think I mentioned before about my husband's online student who was caught plagiarizing. Well, she's back and up to her old tricks. She is also doing thins in another professor's class and was reprimanded about ti twice last semester. I don;t understand why she hasn't been kicked out of the program. The matter has been escalated to dh's superiors. The students is now trying to give sob stories. She says that her internet was out due to all the recent storms, she has a sick baby, and, my personal favorite, she didn't know that what she was doing was wrong. She has even asked my husband if she can send him all of her assignments prior to their due date for him to ollie over and tell her whatshe needs to do to correct them. Umm....NO. He is not going to pre-grade her assignments. Now get this - she is a graduate student in a Ph.D. program.

Yes, the farmer drops off eggs every week, not always 18 though......they have a lot of chickens up there. Not sure he realises but we always drop money in their honesty box outside, as they leave the eggs boxed up and folks come get them and leave money......sounds odd but quite common over here in certain areas. They get all of our fruit so he thinks he has to repay us somehow......
That's really cool that he does that. I would like to think that people around here would be that honest. I think most would, but then there are some...

This is one of the spots we stop on our morning school walk - difficult to see but there are ponies, sheep and Llamas.
Such a pretty place to see on your walk. The closest we have is a neighboring farm with lots of cows. I can't really walk to it though, but I drive past it almost every day. It's a prime piece of real estate, but I hope the farmer never sells it to a land developer.

I have been lurking all week and have been enjoying all of the pictures from Universal. Keep them coming.

I need to go out now for a blood draw for my thyroid check. Never a good experience for me. I have difficult veins.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter