Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Upcharge or Add On Events Thread

Here’s what they told me:

— a VIP Tour gets you into GE
— which gets you “unlimited FP”
— even on rides that don’t offer FP

I haven’t yet got a straight answer on how that would work.

When I called to book my VIP tour, I was told that they are pretty sure it will include access to SWGE and all of the items that are open. She said even though FP isn't being offered at opening, there is still a "front of line" access that will apply for the VIP tours. But, she did say that they didn't have a lot of information for specifics. They are going to call/email everyone who is booking VIP tours with the intent to see SWGE once they have more details with specifics. She also said that if they come out with a special VIP tour just for SWGE, I could switch to that. They did quote me a price of $425/hour (I was shocked, I thought it would at least be $625).

Will that get you in Galaxy's Edge?

Yes, that is the only reason I booked it. They don't have a lot of information about specifics but once they get additional information, they are going to reach back out to anyone booking a VIP tour for the purpose of seeing SWGE. I asked if there was a chance SWGE would be excluded from a VIP tour and she said that there are generally no exclusions like that. Now, I get this is a whole different ball game so until I hear all of the details, I will be keeping my fingers crossed.

Hey @rteetz will you be announcing on social media any info on the “no-cost reservation” as it becomes available? I follow you on Twitter and get push notifications, so I’m sure there’d be other people who are likely to see it that way as well.

When I called to book my VIP tour, I was told that they are pretty sure it will include access to SWGE and all of the items that are open. She said even though FP isn't being offered at opening, there is still a "front of line" access that will apply for the VIP tours. But, she did say that they didn't have a lot of information for specifics. They are going to call/email everyone who is booking VIP tours with the intent to see SWGE once they have more details with specifics. She also said that if they come out with a special VIP tour just for SWGE, I could switch to that. They did quote me a price of $425/hour (I was shocked, I thought it would at least be $625).

Wow, this is great to hear—thank you so much for sharing!

Hey @rteetz will you be announcing on social media any info on the “no-cost reservation” as it becomes available? I follow you on Twitter and get push notifications, so I’m sure there’d be other people who are likely to see it that way as well.
I would probably announce that here first possibly elsewhere.

I’m not assuming this yet wrt paid events. And even if they don’t have them at open, I’d be SHOCKED if they didn’t add them at some point afterwards.

Agreed. It would be unbelievably out of character for them.

I probably wasn't super clear when I had posted - I 100% expect that a variety of paid experiences will be available down the road, but TBH I expected there to be paid access to the land at the beginning to aid in crowd control. I was referring to the absence of hard ticket/paid access and FP during opening and the near future.

$425/ hour for a minimum of 7 hours. This is in WDW. Max number of people per tour is 10. Rate is the same whether there is 1 person or 10.

I was thinking of calling this morning and doing the same thing. We are a family of 5. If you are seriously looking for extra people, let me know.

Are the VIP Tours ever unavailable? We're there September 4-13th and it's something that's crossed my mind but I would like to wait and see how things roll out before booking. Would it be possible to be shut out of doing this or are there generally enough guides to take care of the demand?

Are the VIP Tours ever unavailable? We're there September 4-13th and it's something that's crossed my mind but I would like to wait and see how things roll out before booking. Would it be possible to be shut out of doing this or are there generally enough guides to take care of the demand?
I'm not sure of the answer to that but when I booked mine, she did say they were experiencing a higher volume of bookings since the announcement of SWGE. One benefit of the VIP Tour (at WDW) is that they don't charge you until the day before the tour and you can cancel the tour with no penalty up to 48 hours prior. So, for me, there was no downside to booking it so I have it.

Do you have an idea what it would cost per person? And how long would the tour be?

At currently quoted price, just under $3,000. So, if you have a group of ten, that’s $300-ish a person. However, it has to be noted that it’s all but guaranteed that GE being open will cause a significant price increase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter