The Journeys of Lil Medic

Monday came and went and we where still upset. Tuesday morning just as I was getting ready to cancel our reservation it accord to me that we don’t need to cancel we just need to switch sites. So called the KOA switched sites and loaded the tent and everything we could cram in the car and headed out for Fl. at 2:40 pm. Tuesday. At 1:20 pm today (Wednesday) we pulled in and started setting up camp after almost 23 hours of straight through driving.

9F509A9D-AA8B-4B67-A58C-F2EBF6403751.jpeg

017B0691-D979-4297-BCFA-503443612818.jpeg

The Buc-ee’s picture is the new one that opened March 22 in Daytona. And it is huge, I am standing at the back wall looking to the other end where the entrance is.

378524B5-05C4-4DC1-BFD9-F4E4DDC1B79B.jpeg

Once we got camp set up we went for dinner at Dogs R Us in Titusville.
After we made our way to Ron Jon’s and Cocoa Beach surf company. Walked around those two stores for little bit then left and came back to camp, where we are starting to settle in and get some sleep.

Monday came and went and we where still upset. Tuesday morning just as I was getting ready to cancel our reservation it accord to me that we don’t need to cancel we just need to switch sites. So called the KOA switched sites and loaded the tent and everything we could cram in the car and headed out for Fl. at 2:40 pm. Tuesday. At 1:20 pm today (Wednesday) we pulled in and started setting up camp after almost 23 hours of straight through driving.
YYYEEESSS!!!! :thumbsup2
Gees that place is ridiculously huge

Tomorrow is going to be down day so lil medic can do some swimming and then see if we can get a parking spot at Disney Springs in the evening and do some walking around and shopping.

I haven’t had the chance to do any exploring of the campground, that will be tomorrow. The pictures on the internet look nothing like they are in person from what little I have seen so far.
the campground is .2 miles west of the interstate at exit 223 off of I-95 and is right next to a main road that will take you to Sanford, so lots of vehicle noise.

Wow, sorry to here that. Hope its an easy fix or the problem dosen't repeat itself. Florida will wait. Peace of mind is better.

I’m going to take it to my mechanic when we get home and see what he comes up with. It was running nice and smooth just had those few issues with it idling rough and stalling. May just need the fuel filter changed and new plugs and wires. Will have it fixed before we go to Maine at the end of April.
DW and I were talking on the way to Fl. and it looks like I will be doing some research on a Super C.

Great job at being flexible. A lot of others would have a really hard time with that kind of change. I hope the fix is simple as you mentioned. No-one ever wants to get stranded on the road.

Good luck in your searches and I hope you can enjoy the current rig in the mean time.

Thursday we had some breakfast and talked about what we wanted to do while we are in Fl. We bought annual passes to Universal then headed out to Cocoa Beach. Both Disney cruise ships where sitting off shore just like @bama_ed had mentioned in his post.

7C9DB27C-61F5-4A4C-A705-78A7FE882B5F.jpeg
Walking toward the pier the beach wasn’t near as crowded as I thought it would be.

82B12C6B-A6A7-421C-8901-8F4D1AD1027B.jpeg
Nice overcast skies, it did clear up after awhile. At first the ocean was cold on the feet but we got use to it.
After we made our way to Disney Springs for some shopping and lunch. Parking in the Orange garage they where directing vehicles on where to park, we where on the 3rd level. Once we got to the 2nd level entrance you where herded around a fenced off area of the garage like you where in line for a ride.

177E16C9-EB75-4521-B8F3-DBEE9C5AA8DA.jpeg
There you went through the temperature check and security then made your way down the stairs into the Springs. It was packed! Making our way around, lil medic and I made a game out of how many people we could count either not wearing a mask or wearing it incorrectly. We both lost count.

There was a 45 minute wait to get into WoD, with no fast passes we skipped that line. Went into the Basin and picked up some bath bombs and salt for the girls to take home. Lil medic went into pin traders and got some pins and a pin trader bag with the gift cards we have been getting her over the last year.

F29CE5A1-6CE3-4D95-8679-488FB77E0CE7.jpeg
Next it was off to Universal.

We made our way over to Universal about 4:00, picked up our annual passes and went to the Studios.
99B09FB0-032B-4074-8C95-F72BCE5D989F.jpeg

Dressed up in her Harry Potter outfit we made our way to Wizarding World so lil medic could use her wand to cast some spells. DW and I got some butter beer and DD got a boba drink.

323CF1E9-6482-43C8-89DA-F4B3CF480B14.jpeg

Went on a few rides using our express passes and had a good time. We haven’t been to Universal in 9 years and it was good to be back. For the time that we got there we felt that the park wasn’t to crowded.
We had dinner at Moe’s and left at 10:00. It is a hour drive back to camp where the girls went in and settled for the night while I went up and showered.

We put a extra blanket on the beds and went to sleep.

I will have to say for some reason 60 degrees is a lot colder in Florida than back home. Maybe because it was a nice 80 yesterday.

WOW! What an excited adventure. Enjoyed the pictures. Hope the MH will be something very easy to fix. We started our camping in a tent. Loved it, but took too much stuff & decided to look into a RV. Can't wait to see more of your Florida trip.

Enjoying following along with your trips Vince. DH and I missed our trips to Maine last year with the border closed. We usually attend a blueberry field day in Machias in July. If you ever are there I highly recommend Helen’s Restaurant.

Friday the wind was blowing all day 15-20 mph and cold. I wore my lightly insulated work coat all day. At about 2 we got in the car and went for a drive along US 1 then A1A on the way back. We stopped at Del’s ice cream stand in Melbourne, I got the banana split, DW had the hot fudge brownie sundae and lil medic, who is a creature of habit had a small chocolate cone.

6BF607A2-655A-4CE4-B4D9-3620C1B07305.jpeg

8D86F4E1-6167-420E-BFA3-F17C589D97A8.jpeg

The water was to rough to see any dolphins or manatees. We made our way to Bass Pro in Palm Bay then headed back to camp. Heated up some clam chowder and got cozy in bed for the night.

Some observations from walking around the KOA in Mims

1.Other than the person working in the front office, you don’t no who else works here. The person in the front office is the only one that wears a KOA shirt.

2.If you are tent camping make sure to have a 30 amp - 110 adapter. They don’t have any to use at the front desk so you would have to buy one, if they have any left. We where lucky and they had one left 13.99.
70723950-2AE4-47F4-9BD1-4BFF34763740.jpeg

E47DD021-4EAA-4093-9A79-04BFE3DFC6A2.jpeg

3. When reserving if you don’t get a paved site you don’t get a BBQ grill. There is only one tent site with a grill but we pack all our cooking supplies, even with the MH.

4. The only site with a fire pit is the KOA patio. No other sites have them. I did see a sign in the office that you could rent one, not sure on the cost.

5.There is only 2-3 pull through sites.

6.Hope you like neighbors, a lot of the paved sites back up to one another.
3B4CA38C-EA39-4392-8FDD-785C57BB59B3.jpeg

5584D10D-F3D3-4D5B-BFE9-D4044BB02DFD.jpeg

F213CD3E-3108-4D1B-93CF-22189D62B723.jpeg

7. There is a very small fenced in K9 park for your furry friend to run around in.

More observations to come a little later on, getting ready to head to the flea market off of I-95 in Melbourne then to Universal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter