~*~The OFFICIAL 2014 Dates Thread - Come Join Us!~*~

In my opinion it is a hit or miss with Disney Restaurants anymore. We never really had a bad experience at a restaurant (maybe waiting longer than we should have), but the food was never bad. Service a bit slow at some, but that can happen anywhere. We are dinning at Tonys Town Square in May for the firts time around and I have heard it get bad reviews at times, but it might also be the BEST meal we have while vacationing at Disney. Like you stated above. You just never know, so give it a try for yourself no matter what others experiences were in the past.

It's true, you can have a great time, service, food, etc. while at the very table next to you they are having the worst one ever. We have only ever had one bad food experience and it was at Whispering Canyon Café but so many love this place. I haven't been back but wouldn't tell someone not to go there. The kitchen could have had an off day, etc. I am not a fan of Tony's because I am Italian and Tony's just doesn't cut it with me, but I would never tell you to not go. If you asked, I would tell you my story and you could decide if you want to go or not.

We are officially changing our dates to December 2015. After struggling with infertility, we are finally expecting baby #2 next summer! We've decided to wait until baby #2 is about 18 months old before we head to Disney again. Cancelling our trip is bittersweet, but there is no better reason to do so than having another baby. :)

We are officially changing our dates to December 2015. After struggling with infertility, we are finally expecting baby #2 next summer! We've decided to wait until baby #2 is about 18 months old before we head to Disney again. Cancelling our trip is bittersweet, but there is no better reason to do so than having another baby. :)

Congratulations!!!!! :-)

We are leaving September 23rd and will be there through October 2nd!!:cool1: Booked for POP...Celebrating 9 Years of Marriage:) on Sept. 30th~

ALLEARS.....Starting January 21, 2014, service on the Magic Kingdom Resort and Express monorails will be unavailable on weekdays between 11:30 a.m. and 7 p.m. to allow for planned maintenance. This schedule will run through the end of March 2014. During this time, watercraft and additional buses will be available. The Epcot monorail beam will operate normally.

UGH...we had this happen to us back in March 2012 and now it will impact our January 2014 trip...what a hassle...
Now wondering if it is worth staying at a monorail resort?:faint:

Celebrating 25 years of marriage at the Happiest Place on Earth. Have whole trip planned and just awaiting the date for our ADRs.

ALLEARS.....Starting January 21, 2014, service on the Magic Kingdom Resort and Express monorails will be unavailable on weekdays between 11:30 a.m. and 7 p.m. to allow for planned maintenance. This schedule will run through the end of March 2014. During this time, watercraft and additional buses will be available. The Epcot monorail beam will operate normally. UGH...we had this happen to us back in March 2012 and now it will impact our January 2014 trip...what a hassle... Now wondering if it is worth staying at a monorail resort?:faint:

Wow, that's a bummer. We aren't staying in a monorail resort next trip...I can say, for us, I wouldn't pay for one without full access to the monorail. Sorry It is affecting your trip.

Wow, that's a bummer. We aren't staying in a monorail resort next trip...I can say, for us, I wouldn't pay for one without full access to the monorail. Sorry It is affecting your trip.

Once I looked at our plans/reservations...we only have a problem on one day, January 23rd. I guess that is not too bad and we will get through it but I am still disappointed. Thank goodness we are staying at BLT and will be able to walk to and from MK. If we were staying at Poly of GF, that would be more difficult.

Yeah! We have decided we can swing for a second trip to WDW in 2014! :cool1: Besides our annual F&W trip in Oct/Dec, we will be staying at the AKL May 2-5 to participate in the Expedition Everest Challenge! :banana: So excited; this sounds like so much fun! Time to update my countdown!

To make the most of our APs we are getting during our January 2014, we booked a third trip for 2014.
We are now going January 18-25, 2014 (BWV & BLT), May 16-25, 2014 (CSR & BCV), November 22-28, 2014 (BLT).
This will be our first time being at WDW over a holiday and looking for any advice on to handle crowds?

ALLEARS.....Starting January 21, 2014, service on the Magic Kingdom Resort and Express monorails will be unavailable on weekdays between 11:30 a.m. and 7 p.m. to allow for planned maintenance. This schedule will run through the end of March 2014. During this time, watercraft and additional buses will be available. The Epcot monorail beam will operate normally.

UGH...we had this happen to us back in March 2012 and now it will impact our January 2014 trip...what a hassle...
Now wondering if it is worth staying at a monorail resort?:faint:

If I were paying the very expensive cost to stay at a monorail hotel during this time, I would be moving to an alternate resort - perhaps Bay Lake Towers where you could walk. Have a happy vacation whatever you decide.

ALLEARS.....Starting January 21, 2014, service on the Magic Kingdom Resort and Express monorails will be unavailable on weekdays between 11:30 a.m. and 7 p.m. to allow for planned maintenance. This schedule will run through the end of March 2014. During this time, watercraft and additional buses will be available. The Epcot monorail beam will operate normally. UGH...we had this happen to us back in March 2012 and now it will impact our January 2014 trip...what a hassle... Now wondering if it is worth staying at a monorail resort?:faint:

If you wouldn't mind sharing, what was your experience like back in 2012? We are staying at VGF in March and although I can't change resorts, I'm curious to know the true impact of the monorail closure? For us personally it'll be a real hassle as we like to come back mid-day and return early evening when we are at MK or EPCOT :'( both within the timeframe of the daily closure.

Woo hoo, first trip for us in May 2014, staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge with Savannah View room (hopefully)! Seems like May is a popular time! Isn't the countdown half the fun of a vacation!!! :hyper:

Wishing everyone a wonderful trip for 2014!!

Woo hoo, first trip for us in May 2014, staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge with Savannah View room (hopefully)! Seems like May is a popular time! Isn't the countdown half the fun of a vacation!!! :hyper: Wishing everyone a wonderful trip for 2014!!

We will be at AKL for our first May trip too! Not our first DW trip, but May is new for us. We wanted to try the runDisney Expedition Everest 5k Challenge. So excited! Can't wait for the discounts to come out tomorrow so we can book our room!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter