The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

Logistical Dining Question.
Hi. We are new owners at RIV and are excited that my daughters soccer tournament just got moved to Orlando in March giving us a reason to stay a couple nights at our new “home.”

There are currently no dinner or breakfast reservations available at Topolinos, however, it says the lounge is “no reservations required/walk up” and has a full menu. So I am wondering if my husband and I went to the lounge are we able to order meals to go? We could then take them outside along the beach area to enjoy. Or does Topolinos offer room service or carry out meals?

We have not been to Disney since COVID so I am still researching the new policies. For those of you who have been there, is mobile ordering at Primo Piatto or the cafe the only “carry out” possibility at the resort or does Topolinos have that capability as well? I realize as a signature dining restaurant that may not be feasible.

Thanks so much!

if you have time, pictures of grocery items available downstairs. and, weird request, but picture of the garbage cans in the room (have to use one for medical device when i am there, wondering if they are big enough). Thanks!

grocery items!!

Attachments

• ACD27736-5BF1-4201-B8D7-708884D196E0.jpeg
    ACD27736-5BF1-4201-B8D7-708884D196E0.jpeg
    159.4 KB · Views: 114
  • 697E02A8-7082-4F27-B45B-A6A13E18A4BE.jpeg
    697E02A8-7082-4F27-B45B-A6A13E18A4BE.jpeg
    126.8 KB · Views: 104
  • E79FD855-9C0B-41BB-B20D-3CA6E706933C.jpeg
    E79FD855-9C0B-41BB-B20D-3CA6E706933C.jpeg
    113.2 KB · Views: 103
  • ADE43913-D81F-41F8-8E30-654C577D1A1E.jpeg
    ADE43913-D81F-41F8-8E30-654C577D1A1E.jpeg
    132.5 KB · Views: 101
  • DC71B96D-5CAD-49C5-A7D9-6CA7F2C32F48.jpeg
    DC71B96D-5CAD-49C5-A7D9-6CA7F2C32F48.jpeg
    125.8 KB · Views: 98
Logistical Dining Question.
Hi. We are new owners at RIV and are excited that my daughters soccer tournament just got moved to Orlando in March giving us a reason to stay a couple nights at our new “home.”

There are currently no dinner or breakfast reservations available at Topolinos, however, it says the lounge is “no reservations required/walk up” and has a full menu. So I am wondering if my husband and I went to the lounge are we able to order meals to go? We could then take them outside along the beach area to enjoy. Or does Topolinos offer room service or carry out meals?

We have not been to Disney since COVID so I am still researching the new policies. For those of you who have been there, is mobile ordering at Primo Piatto or the cafe the only “carry out” possibility at the resort or does Topolinos have that capability as well? I realize as a signature dining restaurant that may not be feasible.

Thanks so much!

i just asked. There is no outdoor dining at Topolino’s. Primo Piatto has indoor and outdoor tables. It is the only restaurant with mobile order. You can order from Bar Riva in person or at the pool.

Primo Piatto or the cafe the only “carry out” possibility

I just want to say we went back to Primo 4 times this trip it was good trying all the food and we are at Boardwalk.

Its really good quick service food as the primary option on the resort.

Not sure about Topolinos. We do the more expensive meals in the evening mostly in Epcot.

Last edited:
Anyone else notice in the DVC email today that Riviera direct is going from $195 to $201 on February 6th? Trying to get people to take advantage of current incentive at current "lower" price I guess.

I read somewhere the bunk single is 32” x 66” (Disney Mom site maybe), which is definitely smaller than a standard twin at 38”x75”.
66" long does not sound right. My oldest has slept on those pull downs at both Poly and Riv and has fit fine. He is closer to 70" and have not had any problems.

Have to say can't wait until our first stay next January even more now after getting a tour last week. I think by far my favorite resort outside of Boardwalk which has the downside of being spread out.

We used the skyliner 3 times to get back to Boardwalk stopping off at Riviera mid-day each time.

The only resort quick service I like more is for a singular dish and its the Nachos at Poly.

We are interested in buying at Riviera. We do not have any DVC contracts currently. I’ve been browsing the DVC boards since Nov and watching DVC show - but it’s unclear to me the best way to go about buying Riviera to get the best value.

Are there any deals or recent deals I should know about buying direct? Or any scoop on how things have evolved buying RR DVC.

My family of 4 loves Disney, husband included.We have two high schoolers who still are not too cool for Disney and our Junior still wants to be an imagineer. Possibly headed to UCF - note we’re in Minnesota. We may relocate to FL in retirement - 12 -15 years - we may stay here and travel and include Disney about every other year into our retirement.

We loved the RR preferred view 1BR at TG - we love the more boutique styling and size. Generally skyliner is great and we “want to stay here” - something we heard is important.

Is it booking up at 11 months for the peak periods (but not Xmas)

We want at least some direct points to allow flexibility with other properties - new ones in particular (DLHotel, others) though that isn’t guaranteed I know. And Beach Club, Boardwalk, Copper Creek and Bay lake appeal enough to tryout for stays. Even Key West seems ok when/if family grows.

If we only had minimum, 125pts direct at RR and bought 150 resale elsewhere, does that mean we can’t book RR with our total pts (275) at 11 months or 7 months because of resale pts elsewhere not being able to be used at RR?

If the above is true it seems we would be able to book the resale home resort at 11 months out with all 275 pts unless all points have to be for that resort and RR blue card doesn’t matter.

If not then are we stuck with 7 months out booking as we wouldn’t have enough points on either contract to get a 1BR which we need is this correct?

If we bought RR direct and resale RR in that point range above (or whatever covers a 1BR), we can only stay at RR (based on our 1BR needs and points - unless every other year travel and banking/combining can work to our advantage - so the only benefit doing a direct and resale at RR is lower cost for part of our Riviera points and 11month booking window there being able to use all points?

Thanks for your input!

Last edited:
We are interested in buying at Riviera. We do not have any DVC contracts currently. I’ve been browsing the DVC boards since Nov and watching DVC show - but it’s unclear to me the best way to go about buying Riviera to get the best value.

Are there any deals or recent deals I should know about buying direct? Or any scoop on how things have evolved buying RR DVC.

My family of 4 loves Disney, husband included.We have two high schoolers who still are not too cool for Disney and our Junior still wants to be an imagineer. Possibly headed to UCF - note we’re in Minnesota. We may relocate to FL in retirement - 12 -15 years - we may stay here and travel and include Disney about every other year into our retirement.

We loved the RR preferred view 1BR at TG - we love the more boutique styling and size. Generally skyliner is great and we “want to stay here” - something we heard is important.

Is it booking up at 11 months for the peak periods (but not Xmas)

We want at least some direct points to allow flexibility with other properties - new ones in particular (DLHotel, others) though that isn’t guaranteed I know. And Beach Club, Boardwalk, Copper Creek and Bay lake appeal enough to tryout for stays. Even Key West seems ok when/if family grows.

If we only had minimum, 125pts direct at RR and bought 150 resale elsewhere, does that mean we can’t book RR with our total pts (275) at 11 months or 7 months because of resale pts elsewhere not being able to be used at RR?

If the above is true it seems we would be able to book the resale home resort at 11 months out with all 275 pts unless all points have to be for that resort and RR blue card doesn’t matter.

If not then are we stuck with 7 months out booking as we wouldn’t have enough points on either contract to get a 1BR which we need is this correct?

If we bought RR direct and resale RR in that point range above (or whatever covers a 1BR), we can only stay at RR (based on our 1BR needs and points - unless every other year travel and banking/combining can work to our advantage - so the only benefit doing a direct and resale at RR is lower cost for part of our Riviera points and 11month booking window there being able to use all points?

Thanks for your input!

The direct RIV incentive is on the DVC website (https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/savings/) and runs through 2/5. Points go up above $200 after that and its not clear what the discount will be. Right now, I think you end up around $190 per point direct if you buy 150 points and $180 per point if you buy 200.

All points carry the 11 month privilege only at the applicable home resort. So, your RIV points can only be used at RIV at 11 months. Also, due to the restrictions, any resale RIV points can only be used at RIV no matter when you book. Resale points from other resorts can never be used at RIV (even in combination with direct RIV points).

In your example above, you could bank/borrow your direct points to stay at a 1BR at RIV one year, then bank/borrow to stay at your resale resort another year. If you want to switch to a different (non RIV) resort at 7-months, all your points could be combined to do so. Or, you could buy enough RIV direct points (250-300) to stay in a 1BR every year.

How has the RIV bus service been lately? I’m thinking about moving our May VGF stay to RIV but I’m kind of nervous about wait times with a little one as we will be spending quite a bit of time at both MK and AK.

Hey everyone. I just wanted to introduce ourselves. My wife and I have been Disney addicts since we started brining our daughter in 2016. We have two children, 7 and 3 and have been AP holders since 2019. Due to work travel, I have Titanium status with Marriott properties and typically have enough points/free night certs for 5-10 nights at the Swan and Dolphin every year (also via credit card points). I grew up going to the S&D in the 90's and love the Epcot resorts, they have always felt like home to me.

We've been interested in DVC for access to Gold passes as Platinum passes cost me $5300 for my family of 4 recently since I let ours expire due to covid.

My wife and I take a trip once or twice a year without the kids for just a long weekend. A few weeks ago, we went down to use 3 free night certs that were expiring at S&D for a grownup's weekend. We were able to ride ROTR with boarding group 14 our first full day down, and were finished with the park by 11AM, however we had an Oga's reservation for 2:40PM. We decided to take the Skyliner over to Riviera to check out the new resort to kill time.

Long story short, we did a full tour, fell in love, and bought 125 points. Several weeks later, we could not be more excited to come back and stay. We have a few nights booked at BCV in July (we are on the waiting list for RR), then 5 nights at the Swan to burn another 5 free night certs that will expire in 2021. My wife and I already have 3 nights booked in a tower studio in September and I'm waitlisted to take my daughter down for a quick daddy/daughter trip in December.

Disney confirmed that since I have not yet activated my family's Platinum passes, I can change to the Gold passes and get approx $2300 refunded via gift card for the price difference. I figured if I do Gold passes instead of Platinum passes (non-DVC) 5 times, it will have paid for half of my DVC contract.

I absolutely love the idea of the tower studio for my wife and I. It is perfect for our 3 day weekend trips. The deluxe studios are fantastic with the 2nd full bathroom when we're with our kids and even when we bring the MIL. The splash/pool area is amazing and our kids are just so excited to play there.

Anyway, I feel in another 5-10 years, my work travel will wind down and I will likely be burnt out from chasing my Marriott status. By then our home will be paid off and we'll likely top off our DVC points and start staying full time at RR and not so much at S&D. For now though, we will be doing split stays between the resorts and couldn't be happier with our decision.

we are on the waiting list for RR

Try asking your guide if they can make any magic happen. They sometimes can pull rooms from the cash side for your first stay.

Also congrats I am hopeful by next years trip they start offering AP sales again for new DVC Gold Passes since we didn't have any previously.

Hey everyone. I just wanted to introduce ourselves. My wife and I have been Disney addicts since we started brining our daughter in 2016. We have two children, 7 and 3 and have been AP holders since 2019. Due to work travel, I have Titanium status with Marriott properties and typically have enough points/free night certs for 5-10 nights at the Swan and Dolphin every year (also via credit card points). I grew up going to the S&D in the 90's and love the Epcot resorts, they have always felt like home to me.

We've been interested in DVC for access to Gold passes as Platinum passes cost me $5300 for my family of 4 recently since I let ours expire due to covid.

My wife and I take a trip once or twice a year without the kids for just a long weekend. A few weeks ago, we went down to use 3 free night certs that were expiring at S&D for a grownup's weekend. We were able to ride ROTR with boarding group 14 our first full day down, and were finished with the park by 11AM, however we had an Oga's reservation for 2:40PM. We decided to take the Skyliner over to Riviera to check out the new resort to kill time.

Long story short, we did a full tour, fell in love, and bought 125 points. Several weeks later, we could not be more excited to come back and stay. We have a few nights booked at BCV in July (we are on the waiting list for RR), then 5 nights at the Swan to burn another 5 free night certs that will expire in 2021. My wife and I already have 3 nights booked in a tower studio in September and I'm waitlisted to take my daughter down for a quick daddy/daughter trip in December.

Disney confirmed that since I have not yet activated my family's Platinum passes, I can change to the Gold passes and get approx $2300 refunded via gift card for the price difference. I figured if I do Gold passes instead of Platinum passes (non-DVC) 5 times, it will have paid for half of my DVC contract.

I absolutely love the idea of the tower studio for my wife and I. It is perfect for our 3 day weekend trips. The deluxe studios are fantastic with the 2nd full bathroom when we're with our kids and even when we bring the MIL. The splash/pool area is amazing and our kids are just so excited to play there.

Anyway, I feel in another 5-10 years, my work travel will wind down and I will likely be burnt out from chasing my Marriott status. By then our home will be paid off and we'll likely top off our DVC points and start staying full time at RR and not so much at S&D. For now though, we will be doing split stays between the resorts and couldn't be happier with our decision.

Welcome home!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter