The Poly2 Pricing Thread

Will Poly2 Be a Part of the Original Polynesian Condo Association?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We're ready to jump in and make our first DVC purchase, a resale contract around 160/175 points. My husband wants AKL, I want to spend a bit more for Poly. My only hesitation is the new tower. If it ends up a seperate association I'll be a little bit bummed, but we don't want to wait to buy before it annoucened as I know it will be a while. Happy to be members either way.
We are new PVB DVC members and bought resale. I'm a bit agnostic towards the new tower (studios work now with the boys being young, then they won't for a while when they are older but still at home, then they will again when the boys are out of the house). We didn't consider the new tower when we decided to buy. We understood there are other resort options for 1BR and 2BRs, in addition to booking two PVB studios. For us, the savings of resale outweighed the uncertainty surrounding the new tower.

Last edited:
I believe people have mentioned the possibilities of same resort and bungalow point adjustment down. Couldn’t the also increase the original PVB SV studios point requirements to match VGF?

If they did increase SV studio point costs, wouldn’t this provide them with more points to sell and thus more profit?

I believe people have mentioned the possibilities of same resort and bungalow point adjustment down. Couldn’t the also increase the original PVB SV studios point requirements to match VGF?

If they did increase SV studio point costs, wouldn’t this provide them with more points to sell and thus more profit?

The original PVB SV studios point requirements are already higher than VGF in 5 of the 7 travel periods.

They can’t add or subtract points from the total in the original PVB declaration. If the poly tower is made part of the original association, only those new declared points from the tower can be added.

If they try to use the new tower to balance down the bungalow points, they would actually have to reduce the number of new tower points in order to make room for some of the bungalow points to come over. (Not sure if that would be allowed) As that would mean less new points for them to sell, I don’t see them doing that.

If they try to use the new tower to balance down the bungalow points, they would actually have to reduce the number of new tower points in order to make room for some of the bungalow points to come over. (Not sure if that would be allowed) As that would mean less new points for them to sell, I don’t see them doing that.
They don't have to sell fewer points. Not sure if this is allowed also, but if the same association, could they sell the same amount of points, wait until the Tower status is "sold out", and then balance points for PVB1 and PVB2 combined? This could possibly subtract points from the PVB1 declaration.

If the same association, it might be reasonable that the point charts for the studios in the tower will be comparable with PVB1 studios. But "based on demand", I wonder if can they reallocate points across buildings and across "units" to balance things out...

If the same association, it might be reasonable that the point charts for the studios in the tower will be comparable with PVB1 studios. But "based on demand", I wonder if can they reallocate points across buildings and across "units" to balance things out...
This was all discussed in great detail in late 2018/early 2019, when DVC released and then reversed the 2020 points charts. Some of the issues are irrelevant for Poly, because it consists of only 2 villa types and the Residential Units are composed of only one villa type. But many Residential Units in other DVC resorts are composed of varying sizes of villas. "Moving" points per night from one size villa to another can mean that the points value of a given Residential Unit might increase or decrease, and that's against the law. A quick search here didn't turn up any of the DISboards posts from that time, but here are some DVC News analyses that include another aspect of the attempted reallocation, the "lockoff premium." I'm not sure whether DVC could legally reduce the points for bungalows and add them to villas in Poly2, but I think most people who have been here on DISboards for some time believe they could not legally reduce points for bungalows and add them to the existing Poly1 studios. There are concerns about the legality of DVC having reduced points for SSR 2BR and increasing points for SSR Treehouses, but there wasn't as much furor about it when it happened as there was about the 2020 points charts, so those changes remain. There's also concern about the reallocation that happened at SSR when the Standard and Preferred designations were implemented, but again there wasn't the general furor at the time, and those changes stood as well.

https://dvcnews.com/disney-news/fea...lidity-of-2020-dvc-points-reallocation-part-1

https://dvcnews.com/dvc-program-men...vc-reverses-course-on-2020-point-reallocation

https://dvcnews.com/disney-news/feature-articles/4391-what-is-the-lock-off-premium

This was all discussed in great detail in late 2018/early 2019, when DVC released and then reversed the 2020 points charts. Some of the issues are irrelevant for Poly, because it consists of only 2 villa types and the Residential Units are composed of only one villa type. But many Residential Units in other DVC resorts are composed of varying sizes of villas. "Moving" points per night from one size villa to another can mean that the points value of a given Residential Unit might increase or decrease, and that's against the law. A quick search here didn't turn up any of the DISboards posts from that time, but here are some DVC News analyses that include another aspect of the attempted reallocation, the "lockoff premium." I'm not sure whether DVC could legally reduce the points for bungalows and add them to villas in Poly2, but I think most people who have been here on DISboards for some time believe they could not legally reduce points for bungalows and add them to the existing Poly1 studios. There are concerns about the legality of DVC having reduced points for SSR 2BR and increasing points for SSR Treehouses, but there wasn't as much furor about it when it happened as there was about the 2020 points charts, so those changes remain. There's also concern about the reallocation that happened at SSR when the Standard and Preferred designations were implemented, but again there wasn't the general furor at the time, and those changes stood as well.

https://dvcnews.com/disney-news/fea...lidity-of-2020-dvc-points-reallocation-part-1

https://dvcnews.com/dvc-program-men...vc-reverses-course-on-2020-point-reallocation

https://dvcnews.com/disney-news/feature-articles/4391-what-is-the-lock-off-premium
Thanks! I fully understand the discussions, the opinions, and what's written. The problem I have is, I never thought trading at 7 months would become a "Membership Extra benefit", but look at where we are now. Based on previous advertising, "point charts never change" also, so I'm not holding my breath that DVD will be honorable. In my opinion, the whole 2020 point chart reversal only taught them how to be more thorough in the future. This is one of the reasons, as a PVB1 owner, I want separate associations so it would be much harder for them to comingle my points with future points.

Thanks! I fully understand the discussions, the opinions, and what's written. The problem I have is, I never thought trading at 7 months would become a "Membership Extra benefit", but look at where we are now. Based on previous advertising, "point charts never change" also, so I'm not holding my breath that DVD will be honorable. In my opinion, the whole 2020 point chart reversal only taught them how to be more thorough in the future. This is one of the reasons, as a PVB1 owner, I want separate associations so it would be much harder for them to comingle my points with future points.

Trading into BVTC is not based on membership extras. It is function of RIV..and possibly future resorts having a different DVC resort agreement with BVTC and all of its resorts.

One can hade direct points that trade and still it have access to the extras.

ETA. The other piece with trading is that the chsrts don’t have to stay neutral for that. They can indeed create a non home reosrt trading chart, or even charge a fee for trading. All has been part of it from the beginning. But, home resort charts must be point neutral against what is sold.

Last edited:
Trading into BVTC is not based on membership extras. It is function of RIV..and possibly future resorts having a different DVC resort agreement with BVTC and all of its resorts.
Understood. I meant that it now feels like trading into BVTC fully (as in, any points are valid at all DVC resorts at 7 months) you must have direct points, which almost feels like membership extras...thus the quotes above. My point to my original post is, what we read and what we discuss may bar them from comingling PVB1 and PVB2 points...but will they find a way to do it? They certainly found ways to surprise us in the last 5 years, and I don't believe it's the end.

In my opinion, the whole 2020 point chart reversal only taught them how to be more thorough in the future.
I think it taught them that there are a lot of people here on DISboards and elsewhere who are watching them closely and who have very good statistical and analytic skills, not to mention familiarity with Florida timeshare law, and can bring that information to other owners' attention if DVC tries again to violate the law or skirt the rules.

Based on previous advertising, "point charts never change" also, so I'm not holding my breath that DVD will be honorable.
For the benefit of newbies just learning about DVC, that quote is incomplete. The total number of points needed to book the entire resort for a year cannot change. But point requirements for individual nights can be reallocated to even out demand, increasing some dates and decreasing others, for instance to encourage owners to book less during Fall Frenzy and more during May and summertime.

Yes, DVC ignored a clause in the POS in adding Riviera to trade with other DVC resorts thru BVTC. Apparently not enough cared to call them on it. Point charts do get a bit more attention though from existing owners.

Yes, DVC ignored a clause in the POS in adding Riviera to trade with other DVC resorts thru BVTC. Apparently not enough cared to call them on it. Point charts do get a bit more attention though from existing owners.

They actually amended it which the DVC resort agreement with BVTC allows for that document to have changes. They also grandfathered all owners who bought with original terms…so I am not convinced what they did violated anything.

Not going to derail thread and since no one has challenged that we know of, then none of us know for sure.

If it is not the same association, are they locked in to naming it Poly2 or will it have a different name?

Seems to me it should not be branded as Polynesian if it is not the same association.

If it is not the same association, are they locked in to naming it Poly2 or will it have a different name?

Seems to me it should not be branded as Polynesian if it is not the same association.
We don't know, but it's unlikely they call it "Polynesian 2" (or derivatives...like "Too Poly Too Nesian"). Maybe something like the Tower Villas at the Polynesian Resort.

Villas at Wilderness Lodge got a rename to Boulder Ridge Villas when Copper Creek came along. That's a possibility if there's a separate association here.

There has been no official name…we here call it Poly tower or Poly 2. But, regardless of association, the tower is located at the Poly resort so that plays no role.

But, it’s also possible they remake both…like the Villas at Wilderness Lodge became Boulder Ridge Villas when CCV was added.

We don't know, but it's unlikely they call it "Polynesian 2" (or derivatives...like "Too Poly Too Nesian"). Maybe something like the Tower Villas at the Polynesian Resort.

Villas at Wilderness Lodge got a rename to Boulder Ridge Villas when Copper Creek came along. That's a possibility if there's a separate association here.
So they could name it Reflections for example.

Is Poly2 just a name that was thrown out by some Disney bloggers or when it was proposed did WDW refer to the new construction as Poly2?

So they could name it Reflections for example.

Is Poly2 just a name that was thrown out by some Disney bloggers or when it was proposed did WDW refer to the new construction as Poly2?

They didn’t call it anything…they just said new DVC villas coming to the Poly Village Resort…which is the hotel complex.

That is why we don’t know what will happen. If they wanted us to know for sure that it would be part of PVB, they would have done what they did with BPK, which was announce it was part of VGF.

But, so far, all they have done is said that it’s coming to that complex and that is why we have no idea of whether it will be a new resort or will be a second phase of PVB.

How far along in construction did they start selling Riviera and how does it compare to where we are in the Poly2 construction? Are we expecting to see sales start later this year in fall/winter?

How far along in construction did they start selling Riviera and how does it compare to where we are in the Poly2 construction? Are we expecting to see sales start later this year in fall/winter?
This was what Riviera looked like a month prior to pre-sales:
DRR_Construction_20190222b.jpg

From: https://dvcnews.com/wdw-resorts/riv...iera-resort-construction-update-february-2019

I am really hoping they go on sale March 2024 when we are at WDW. We can’t buy direct from our home province and need to be in FL to purchase. Depending on price, it may be worth a quick trip down for the early incentives when it first goes on sale (plus an extra WDW trip… win/win 😂)

I am really hoping they go on sale March 2024 when we are at WDW. We can’t buy direct from our home province and need to be in FL to purchase. Depending on price, it may be worth a quick trip down for the early incentives when it first goes on sale (plus an extra WDW trip… win/win 😂)

We are in the same situation. Visiting Christmas this year and hoping for a small miracle that they will be on-sale as we cannot purchase unless we are in FLA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter