• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Unofficial Chatterbox Thread! Everyone is Welcome!

Well I guess that's better then you shouting Hammer Time and busting a move.:rotfl:

taito-bust-a-move.jpg

We have Netflix streaming on the Wii now.
Noah set it up for Eloy to watch yesterday during dialysis.

Got all set and was about to hand off the controller to Eloy today... HUH?? where's the wii??

Jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuussssssssssssssstin! Bring that wii back in here right now!

But I wanna play games.. whine whine...

too bad..

:rotfl:

Watching stand up show.. Jeff Foxworthy.

We have Netflix streaming on the Wii now.
Noah set it up for Eloy to watch yesterday during dialysis.

Got all set and was about to hand off the controller to Eloy today... HUH?? where's the wii??

Jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuussssssssssssssstin! Bring that wii back in here right now!

But I wanna play games.. whine whine...

too bad..

:rotfl:

Watching stand up show.. Jeff Foxworthy.

We got rid of Dish after 7 years (idiots) and are now enjoying Direct TV. It is so much better then Dish.:thumbsup2

The fun comes when we forget something.
It goes like this:
Get everything set up and lines attached. Hit the green kidney start button and we think okay.. all set.. and

Beep Beep Beep

Red 24..

???

what the heck is a red 24? I dunno? uhhh hmmmm.

Hit stop, if all else fails, hit start again..

Beep beep beep.. well crap ...

think think think.. paw through the book..

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah..

Run to the end of drain line and unclamp

DUH!!

And then we proceed to tell each other-- your fault, nooo you set that up.. yeah but remember you interrupted me and .. oh well... still..hmmph..

:lmao:

:laughing:
Most people complain about the cable company. There is a repeating line in the Plum series of book about cable. Someone mentions waiting for the cable guy to come to the house.. and everyone swears. :lmao: yep, that about sums it up.

Our current gripe is waiting for the monthly supplies.. 4 hour window, but sometimes they show up an hour early or two hours late... and not like they can leave 30 boxes on our doorstep. No room, pisses off the owner and the fluids need to be kept at good temps.. no freezing, no heat. So I sit.. and wait.. and wait.. and get disgusted when they send some 70 yr old scrawny guy to haul boxes up 3 floors by himself. :sad2:

I went to Joann's today and bought some material that was on sale. I want to learn how to sew things and I'm hoping that my class on Sunday will help me out.

A co-worker of mine asked me if I wanted to go with her to Costco to be a berry smoothie during our last break of the day. I said sure and off we went. She told me that my X is just mean and she told me she had an abusive boyfriend before and now she is married to someone else and has 2 step daughters and is happy. I want to get to that point of happiness. I know I can't expect things to be wonderful right away but I hate this feeling and I hate going through this. While I feel lousy and am struggling, he is supressing all feelings and doesn't care at all and is hunky dorey and that pisses me off. :headache::mad:

Sorry, just needed to get that off my chest I think.

Tomorrow- time for DL!
xde8ah.jpg
This Stitch reminds me of Elvis week on American Idol. :laughing: I can't believe Andrew Garcia got voted off!! I liked him but his past few performances haven't been too great. :guilty: I do like Crystal and I read an article today that she almost left the show but I'm glad she didn't.

Watched this week's episode of House and it made me cry. I never cried during House but one scene where a dieing patient is calling his daughter that he had not spoken to since she was 6 years old, really got to me.

I taped Bones and Fringe and haven't watched those yet.

:laughing:
Most people complain about the cable company. There is a repeating line in the Plum series of book about cable. Someone mentions waiting for the cable guy to come to the house.. and everyone swears. :lmao: yep, that about sums it up.

Our current gripe is waiting for the monthly supplies.. 4 hour window, but sometimes they show up an hour early or two hours late... and not like they can leave 30 boxes on our doorstep. No room, pisses off the owner and the fluids need to be kept at good temps.. no freezing, no heat. So I sit.. and wait.. and wait.. and get disgusted when they send some 70 yr old scrawny guy to haul boxes up 3 floors by himself. :sad2:

I hate when they give you that 4 hour window and then don't show up...GRRR! I know they are just doing a job, but still if they are running early or late how hard could it be to give you a jingle.:sad2:

I went to Joann's today and bought some material that was on sale. I want to learn how to sew things and I'm hoping that my class on Sunday will help me out.

A co-worker of mine asked me if I wanted to go with her to Costco to be a berry smoothie during our last break of the day. I said sure and off we went. She told me that my X is just mean and she told me she had an abusive boyfriend before and now she is married to someone else and has 2 step daughters and is happy. I want to get to that point of happiness. I know I can't expect things to be wonderful right away but I hate this feeling and I hate going through this. While I feel lousy and am struggling, he is supressing all feelings and doesn't care at all and is hunky dorey and that pisses me off. :headache::mad:

Sorry, just needed to get that off my chest I think.

Tomorrow- time for DL!
xde8ah.jpg
This Stitch reminds me of Elvis week on American Idol. :laughing: I can't believe Andrew Garcia got voted off!! I liked him but his past few performances haven't been too great. :guilty: I do like Crystal and I read an article today that she almost left the show but I'm glad she didn't.

Watched this week's episode of House and it made me cry. I never cried during House but one scene where a dieing patient is calling his daughter that he had not spoken to since she was 6 years old, really got to me.

I taped Bones and Fringe and haven't watched those yet.

You're doing a great job Pix. It's hard to get on with your life, but you are making some good first steps. :hug:

So what kind of material did you get? I love walking thru craft & material stores...I just hate doing crafts and sewing, don't even get me started!:laughing:

Morning and happy Saturday everyone!

Wow you guys were chatty last night! I'm sorry Samey I need to remember your real name. I feel so dumb calling you by your screen name. Is your name Alison? I think I read that somewhere. Anyway LOVED all the funny pics. Esp the funhouse mirror one of you! Too funny!!

Thanks so much Bernice for the well wishes on dh's job. It has just been such a yo yo the last several years. He is in a union and is "supposed" to have a guaranteed wage but we haven't seen a raise in over 5 years and because of the economy they actually took a 10/hr pay CUT! Plus they don't get paid vacation or sick leave but rather get 2/hr put into a vacation "acct" that they are supposed to use for when they are out on vacation or sick. They also don't get paid for holidays. So when it is Christmas, New Year's or whatever we just don't get paid. Well they cut his vacation pay back to 1/hr and now he doesn't get it at all. So NOW if he is sick or if we go on vacation we just don't get paid. Lately his paychecks have been as low as 200 or 300 a week which is just ridiculous. We can't live off that! I am just glad we don't own a home or we would have lost it by now. The cheapest mortgage there is pretty much in this town is around 1000 a month and that is for a TINY little house and we certainly couldn't pay that right now with the checks he is bringing in. Then we bit the bullet and had him work all that overtime really counting on that extra cash and then his boss claimed they were over budget on the job and he didn't get paid ANYTHING for those hours. Not even straight pay. SOOO he is talking with the other guys on the job about going to the union or what to do! I am sure he will end up getting burned cuz that always seems to be the way it works. The bad part is his boss told him he HAD to work the overtime or he would be fired and then he not only DIDN'T get the overtime he didn't get paid PERIOD. Esp sucks when we were counting on the extra cash. Sooo like I said I am just hoping and praying that he passes his test in a few weeks and we can put this behind us!!

Yesterday I had to run a bunch of errands and then just came home and crashed and we just stayed home and watched old dvds of Lost on tv. Ghost Whisperer was a rerun so didn't do too much. We decided since we have to go out today anyway for the soccer we are just going to make one round trip and do our sam's run then.

We MAY take the girls to the dollar movies tomorrow to see Percy Jackson. My oldest has been having a heck of a time with her reading and REALLY hates to read so as a motivation over easter I told them they could pick out ANY book in their reading level they wanted but it HAD to be a book in their level (not too easy) and they had to read it over the break. So Katy got percy jackson and it is a good sized book. I am SO proud of her. This is the first time she has EVER read a book this big and actually finished it and it makes me feel so good to see her FINALLY excited over reading!!! So as a treat I told her as soon as she finished reading the book I would buy her the NEXT book and take her to see the movie! Hopefully keeping the trend going!! ;)

So hopefully tomorrow we will go do that.

Rochelle you have fun at your sewing class and can't wait to see the results! I always love your stuff!

Have fun at the wedding Bernice!!

Oh and P.S. I finally got the info on my 25th high school reunion so I am excited about that. I hope it is better than my 20th! That was boring!!!

Have a good day and weekend all!!!

It has just been such a yo yo the last several years. He is in a union and is "supposed" to have a guaranteed wage but we haven't seen a raise in over 5 years and because of the economy they actually took a 10/hr pay CUT! So NOW if he is sick or if we go on vacation we just don't get paid. Lately his paychecks have been as low as 200 or 300 a week which is just ridiculous. We can't live off that! Then we bit the bullet and had him work all that overtime really counting on that extra cash and then his boss claimed they were over budget on the job and he didn't get paid ANYTHING for those hours. Not even straight pay. SOOO he is talking with the other guys on the job about going to the union or what to do!

Union has many rules and would be pissed if they knew that a contract was not being honored. As much as it sucks to possible go on strike.. I think that is what needs to be done to show the owners that what they are doing is so very wrong. I'm sure there are some employment laws being broken if not paying for hours, and overtime. $200- $300 a week would make sense if less hours.. but not if he works overtime.. more like slave labor. :mad:

I hope the union is strong and will back up the workers.

Eloy's fellow teachers still don't know what will happen next year.
No contract signed for entire district on top of the state wanting to restructure the school (as part of the race to the top money).... leaves little protection for teachers. The community is backing them up, they love the school, the principal and the teachers, Hundreds of parents showed up at a meeting to voice their opinion to the state this week. Not sure if it will make a difference.

Morning and happy Saturday everyone!

Wow you guys were chatty last night! I'm sorry Samey I need to remember your real name. I feel so dumb calling you by your screen name. Is your name Alison? I think I read that somewhere. Anyway LOVED all the funny pics. Esp the funhouse mirror one of you! Too funny!!

Thanks so much Bernice for the well wishes on dh's job. It has just been such a yo yo the last several years. He is in a union and is "supposed" to have a guaranteed wage but we haven't seen a raise in over 5 years and because of the economy they actually took a 10/hr pay CUT! Plus they don't get paid vacation or sick leave but rather get 2/hr put into a vacation "acct" that they are supposed to use for when they are out on vacation or sick. They also don't get paid for holidays. So when it is Christmas, New Year's or whatever we just don't get paid. Well they cut his vacation pay back to 1/hr and now he doesn't get it at all. So NOW if he is sick or if we go on vacation we just don't get paid. Lately his paychecks have been as low as 200 or 300 a week which is just ridiculous. We can't live off that! I am just glad we don't own a home or we would have lost it by now. The cheapest mortgage there is pretty much in this town is around 1000 a month and that is for a TINY little house and we certainly couldn't pay that right now with the checks he is bringing in. Then we bit the bullet and had him work all that overtime really counting on that extra cash and then his boss claimed they were over budget on the job and he didn't get paid ANYTHING for those hours. Not even straight pay. SOOO he is talking with the other guys on the job about going to the union or what to do! I am sure he will end up getting burned cuz that always seems to be the way it works. The bad part is his boss told him he HAD to work the overtime or he would be fired and then he not only DIDN'T get the overtime he didn't get paid PERIOD. Esp sucks when we were counting on the extra cash. Sooo like I said I am just hoping and praying that he passes his test in a few weeks and we can put this behind us!!

Yesterday I had to run a bunch of errands and then just came home and crashed and we just stayed home and watched old dvds of Lost on tv. Ghost Whisperer was a rerun so didn't do too much. We decided since we have to go out today anyway for the soccer we are just going to make one round trip and do our sam's run then.

We MAY take the girls to the dollar movies tomorrow to see Percy Jackson. My oldest has been having a heck of a time with her reading and REALLY hates to read so as a motivation over easter I told them they could pick out ANY book in their reading level they wanted but it HAD to be a book in their level (not too easy) and they had to read it over the break. So Katy got percy jackson and it is a good sized book. I am SO proud of her. This is the first time she has EVER read a book this big and actually finished it and it makes me feel so good to see her FINALLY excited over reading!!! So as a treat I told her as soon as she finished reading the book I would buy her the NEXT book and take her to see the movie! Hopefully keeping the trend going!! ;)

So hopefully tomorrow we will go do that.

Rochelle you have fun at your sewing class and can't wait to see the results! I always love your stuff!

Have fun at the wedding Bernice!!

Oh and P.S. I finally got the info on my 25th high school reunion so I am excited about that. I hope it is better than my 20th! That was boring!!!

Have a good day and weekend all!!!

Yep, my real name is Alison. Wow, that sounds like your DH is having all kinds of problems with work. Hopefully the union can back him and get it straightened out.

Union has many rules and would be pissed if they knew that a contract was not being honored. As much as it sucks to possible go on strike.. I think that is what needs to be done to show the owners that what they are doing is so very wrong. I'm sure there are some employment laws being broken if not paying for hours, and overtime. $200- $300 a week would make sense if less hours.. but not if he works overtime.. more like slave labor. :mad:

I hope the union is strong and will back up the workers.

Eloy's fellow teachers still don't know what will happen next year.
No contract signed for entire district on top of the state wanting to restructure the school (as part of the race to the top money).... leaves little protection for teachers. The community is backing them up, they love the school, the principal and the teachers, Hundreds of parents showed up at a meeting to voice their opinion to the state this week. Not sure if it will make a difference.

I have a breast cancer friend that is a teacher in Michigan and they've been having similar problems. It's been going on for a couple of years now. :sad2: They really need to figure this stuff out.

So speaking of jobs...remember when my DH got hired by the railroad about 1-1/2 years ago? Did training, worked 2 days and then they had a huge layoff? Well apparently they are now calling everybody back. Of course DH has a new job that he likes better and has been there almost a year.

But instead of calling up during the day to see if he is still around or still wants the job...guess what they do? You guessed it, we received an automated call at 4am! Yes, 4am! Press 1 if you are available for work, 2 if you want them to hold for a moment for the employee to come to the phone, 3 if you are unavailable, 4 if you are on a rest period, 5 if they have called this number in error.

We soon learned that this automated message calls every 2 hours and it won't stop!!!!!!:scared1: It doesn't matter what button you press, they won't stop. On top of that they want him to enter his employee number. Seriously people you laid him off 1-1/2 years ago, do you really think he knows an employee number from a job that he worked on for 2 days nearly 1-1/2 years ago?:sad2:

I spent 3 hours on the phone with the railroad getting sent all over the place and they couldn't figure it out. Finally they got me a supervisor cell phone number in our area. I called the guy and he said if DH goes down to their office on Monday he can fill out a form and the calls will quit within 30 days! WTH!!!!!!!! Anyway, after several choice words and a few more phone calls in which I turned into a raving lunatic...I'm happy to say the phone calls finally quit last night.

One guy actually told me he didn't see what the problem was, he got calls at 4am. Well DUH Mister! It's part of your job, you get paid to get called to work at 4am. We don't work for you and don't want to listen to automated calls all night long.

And don't think we didn't try to block the calls, but they are calling on both DH's cell and our home phone. The number was listed as unavailable. I did finally call the phone company and they told me a way to block the calls without the number....*60 and then pick the block last number received. Luckily didn't have to use it and pay some ungodly fee to the phone company. Geez, can you tell I've had a lack of sleep this weekend?:rotfl2:

Anyway, if anybody or their spouse is looking for a job...give Burlington Northern a call, cuz they obviously need people!:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter