• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Unofficial Chatterbox Thread! Everyone is Welcome!

Evening all!

Thanks so much Bernice and Alison for the thoughts. Yeah dh's union is so jacked up. The bad part is I don't know how much going to the union is going to help. They used to be in a national union but several years ago they all thought they were getting jerked around and not being paid fairly (isn't THAT ironic considering what is NOW happening!!!) so 3 of the biggest shops here in our town broke off and formed their own local union. It was a HUGE controversy and caused the national union to get ALL up in arms and they tried suing and striking their jobs and on and on. It was a huge nightmare. But they DID form their own union and the guys agreed on a contract. Well all was well and good at FIRST. But then when the economy started taking a dive I have now figured out that by the shops controlling this union that was a HUGE mistake. Because now they had re-opened their contract which I don't know HOW they can get away with that and all the guys that had been laid off who were still members came in to vote thinking if they agreed to vote to lower the wages they would get put back to work. Problem is all it did was screw over the guys who were ALREADY working and the idiots who did it STILL didn't get put back to work. So now there is all sorts of different rates which I STILL don't see how that is legal, they do all kinds of other stuff which I don't want to get into (just in case someone might be reading this, don't want to get dh or myself in trouble) but let's just say there is a LOT of corruption!!! DH was on the phone all Fri talking to one of the other setters about the best way to handle this but it is a very delicate line to walk because there is a LOT of corrupt people and things going on and if he gets fired he would probably not be able to work at ANY of the shops because they are all in the same union. So it is tricky! You would LIKE to think the union would back him up and I even suggested going to the national one but again they are not IN that union and I don't know if it would do any good. And the labor board is limited because since they are union and under contract they are not under the same rules as a regular hourly employee.

I am sorry for your husband too bernice. SO many of our teachers here in CA have been treated horribly too as well! This whole economy and esp what is going on in CA is just ridiculous! I hope your dh and his friends can get things worked out at the school!

As for me the rest of my weekend was pretty much spent chilling. I only have to take my meds till Tues and I can't WAIT to be done with them. They have made me so dang nauseausous and dizzy so I will be glad to be done with them and hope when I go back to my reg meds that the bleeding does not come back and the sick feelings stop and things stay at least status quo till my apt on Fri! I will be anxious to hear what the doc has to say!

It was nice to just relax this weekend because things are really going to start heating up soon. Shelby is invited to a birthday party next weekend so I will probably take Katy somewhere fun so she doesn't feel left out. Prob the movie we never made it to this weekend LOL. And then the following Tues is HER birthday. We always do a family deal on the day OF her birthday, let them pick a restaurant they would like to go to and then have some cake at home and open gifts from us and my parents (esp since my parents are usually always gone on the weekends when we have their kid parties) and then that sat we are having her ice skating party. She invited a bunch of friends from her class that I don't know so I hope at least SOME of them show! You never know and I always feel bad when they don't show! Then the following weekend is mother's day and we WERE going to go to the girl scout day at Discovery kingdom but since things are up in the air about my surgery I didn't want to make any plans so we will prob just relax and do something low key. Prob best now anyway since money is tight. And the weekend after that swim starts. Then it is non-stop!! :)

Hey Bernice how was the wedding??? Hope you had fun!

Hope everyone else had a good weekend.

You too mel. Hope you had fun with your company! :)

Take care all and talk soon!

Hi,

I hope you all had a good weekend. :smooth: I had a rough time on Saturday but am feeling a bit better now. My Wi-Fi connection at home was set up by my X. I wanted to change the name of the Wi-Fi so that it stop showing his "nickname" every time I connected to the internet. I also wanted to have the password changed. All the computer things were always done by him.

I guess I wanted to prove to myself that I didn't need him to know how to change this. It turned out to be a lot more frustrating and complicated than I thought. :( Time Warner was trying to help me and they said they needed the password for the Wi-Fi to help me change it, etc. Well, I didn't have that password but he did. I so didn't want to call him but I felt I had no choice. I called and I found out that his cell phone # was purposely set up so that if I call it will be forwarded to a fax machine (most likely at his work). It upset me because I started believing that he thought I was some crazy person, when he is the one that is so messed up and distorted in the head. :headache:

In the end, I just e-mailed him from my phone because my connection got messed up. I just asked for a password. He e-mailed it back to me. In the end, I changed everything. It was just really stressful.

Other things, I don't need to rely on him for. I have been doing things for myself and him for a long time. I cooked, I did laundry for him, etc. Other things, I am self-reliant on and I wish it were that way when it came to technical issues with computers. :(

Yesterday I started my sewing class. I made my first pillow sham, learned how to use a sewing machine for the first time. I felt like I accomplished something, even though it was small, I achieved something and was proud of it. I actually learned how to sew something, which I never thought I would want to do. I messed up a little bit but it's okay because all the mess-ups are hidden inside the pillow. :rotfl:

My teacher was really nice to me. After class, she asked what made me want to take the class and I shared a little info with her. She told me that I don't need someone negative, she said the reason he is mean to me (even though he knows I don't deserve it), is because he has no self-confidence and has to pull me down with him. She said I am a beautiful and creative girl and I can find someone better.

My therapist called me to tell me she changed her phone # because she got a new cell phone and switched providers. She told me I'm not crazy and am not some crazy ex. She said I have normal feelings and him shutting down all feelings makes him the one who is not normal.

Here are pics of the pillow sham:

*Front:

IMG00550-20100418-1315.jpg

*Back:

IMG00551-20100418-1316.jpg

Afterwards, I headed down to DCA and DL. I was able to make a reservation for a late lunch at Ariel's Grotto. Their menu has changed and I didn't know that. I haven't dined there in a long time. I took pics of the food and with some of the Princesses. I will share pics later :)

I did some shopping and ordered a print-on-demand poster of the fish from Finding Nemo. I think it would look good in my bathroom. :)

Albort was going to say hi but he said it was crazy at DCA. He text me and asked why I wasn't going to stay for the electrical parade. Last night was the last day it would be shown at DCA before moving off to WDW. I wanted to stay but I was tired and I had to work the next day :( It would have been great to stay to watch it.

Oh, I also took a pic of the tram with doors. I think it's weird but I guess it's a good safety caution :confused3

IMG00552-20100418-1447.jpg

I bought a book Saturday night that I have been reading. It's called "The emotionally abused woman- overcoming destructive partners and reclaiming yourself." So far it has helped me understand things a bit better and for things that just jump off the page and scream at me, I have placed little post-it tabs to share with my therapist the next time I see her. Thanks for listening to me ramble and vent.... :guilty:

Cute pillow Rochelle!! Glad you enjoyed your class and your day at Disney. I wish every time I was depressed I could go there!! I think that could cheer up just about anyone!! :)

Getting that book was a great idea and glad you were able to change the passwords. Sorry you had to call him but hopefully soon you will cut all ties and can truly move on. ((hugs))

Rochelle I'm sorry you had a tough Saturday. :hug: You aren't doing anything wrong, you need to allow yourself to mourn the relationship. It doesn't mean that you're crazy at all, it means that you're human. I know I would be feeling the exact same way if I were in your situation, you're doing a lot better than I would probably :laughing: I promise it will get better. I might be coming to DL in September sometime, if it works out we should try to get together! Also, I LOVE the pillow! I think you've inspired me to take a sewing class, I want a pillow like that one.

I think dh and I are moving back to america! :dance3: It's bittersweet, I'll miss everyone here and a few things like how safe I feel here and the fact that I can walk everywhere. But I'm ready to go home. My close friend here just told me she's pregnant with her second baby, I'm sad I won't be around for this one. I've gotten really attached to her 1 year old, I was with my friend through out her entire pregnancy and then the whole year of this little girls life, it makes me kind of sad to know the next time I see the little girl she'll have no idea who I am. :sad1: But I can still spoil her from overseas.

Now the unpleasant task of packing, ugh. I really hate moving.

Morning and happy Tuesday all!

Well it is raining AGAIN! Boy am I ready for it to be done!!! Don't get me wrong my flowers are LOVING it and everything is nice and green, I feel like I am back in Washington again!!! But it is hard on the girls swimming in this weather and I am just ready for it to be nice. NOT hot mind you but just "spring" like ;)

Chances are we WON'T be going to swim practice tonight because although they DO practice rain or shine they are predicting thunderstorms and they DON'T practice if there is lightening obviously so we are going to see how it is tonight and go from there. Then our grocery store had a big recall on all its hamburger and of course I had 2 packs of the affected meat and I think we even ate one of them before because it was from a month ago and we ate one when we first bought it and froze the other two but I would rather be safe than sorry so I need to take those back to the store and run to the post office. I also have a nice big fat load of laundry waiting for me but other than that not much going on which is fine with me. Tonight is my fav night of tv so looking forward to that.

Hope everyone has a good day and talk soon!

Christina, that is exciting and bittersweet news for you. You have had a great experience, that you will always look back on with fond memories.:cloud9: Try to have fun packing up.

Rochelle, more hugs for you.:hug:

Kelly, It's supposed start raining here any moment.:upsidedow

Bernice, I hope that everything works out for Eloy.:thumbsup2

Sam, You don't like to get calls at 4 am in the morning? Why.....what is wrong with that? :laughing:

Megan, Have anymore children showing up in your house? How crazy was that?

YOu all know that we live in the country. Our neighbors down the street, once had a loose pig, stick his head through their screen door, snorting! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: And is was not their pig! :eek:

:wave2: Hi Mel!! How's that new grandbaby doing? When is your next one due? Isn't it next month? How exciting all these new little babies!!! I bet you are loving it! :)

That pig story is a riot! ONLY you Mel!! LMAO!!:lmao:

If you get this rain storm it is a DOOZY! It has been coming down since the middle of the night and it is supposed to KEEP raining like this through THURS!! EEK!! :scared1: Then we get a break on the weekend which is nice! But then it is supposed to start up again next week. I am glad Shelby's party is the following weekend AND indoors!! That is the bad thing about April you just never know. Luckily we have only had outdoor parties for her a couple of times and luckily it was always nice. In fact a couple of years it was down right HOT!!

Hope you have a good day and see ya later!! ;)

No more lost kids... YET! By my husband did lose Alex at the toy store! I was walking out of the fabric store... whice is right next to the toy store.. and ALex was walking over to me. ALONE!! I said.. Ummm.. dude. Where is your dad? He said I dont know. I cant find him. I thought he came over here. :scared1: WHAT???? You cant LEAVE the store!! I grabbed him and hightailed it over to the toy store to find dh. I KNEW he would be freaking out. ANd he was. He was dragging Kaylee around the store running laps looking for him! I said.. ALex. You get seperated from one of us.. Go to the front desk! They will page us! Same thing for Frelan! If you lose a kid, go to the front desk! They will lock the store down! Geesh, I swear I am the only one with any sense around here! :lmao:

We are down to a week and a half til our trip!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Rochelle I'm sorry you had a tough Saturday. :hug: You aren't doing anything wrong, you need to allow yourself to mourn the relationship. It doesn't mean that you're crazy at all, it means that you're human. I know I would be feeling the exact same way if I were in your situation, you're doing a lot better than I would probably :laughing: I promise it will get better. I might be coming to DL in September sometime, if it works out we should try to get together! Also, I LOVE the pillow! I think you've inspired me to take a sewing class, I want a pillow like that one.

I think dh and I are moving back to america! :dance3: It's bittersweet, I'll miss everyone here and a few things like how safe I feel here and the fact that I can walk everywhere. But I'm ready to go home. My close friend here just told me she's pregnant with her second baby, I'm sad I won't be around for this one. I've gotten really attached to her 1 year old, I was with my friend through out her entire pregnancy and then the whole year of this little girls life, it makes me kind of sad to know the next time I see the little girl she'll have no idea who I am. :sad1: But I can still spoil her from overseas.

Now the unpleasant task of packing, ugh. I really hate moving.

Hi Christina,

Thank you so much. I think you are right on the money about how I am feeling. It's really tough and I think my problem is, I want to get this over quickly and "get it over and done with." The reality of it is that I can't make it "go away" quickly. I have to have time to grieve, just like Kelly mentioned and my therapist had said this too. My therapist told me that it takes 6 months to a year to heal 100% and what I am doing is normal. I am not crazy and I am a human being with a good heart and am caring. She said I need to tell myself and believe that I deserve love and not the things that he put me through.

I have been reading a book that I found online and picked up from the store myself. It's been a real eye opener and has helped me. It's called “The Emotionally Abused Woman – Overcoming Destructive Patterns and Reclaiming Yourself." I read a few chapters and made page tabs to discuss things with my therapist. It lists and describes different types of emotional abusers. They can even be a mix. So far he is a Napoleon/bulldozer/controller. He wants power and does not care who he has to hurt and put down to get it. He will crush everything about a person until their self-esteem is at a low. He also does not care about my feelings and needs and everything is about HIM HIM HIM. He treats me and possibly others as if they do not have feelings at all. He also punishes me and makes threats and treats me like a child (which is what he did to me).

It also mentioned that I can't expect to understand why he was mean and treated me the way he did. It also gives examples of women who have had sessions with the author and describes their situation. It mentions that co-workers and friends see a completely different facet to him. It also helped me see that he put me down and tore down my self-confidence because his is low. The whole acting arrogant and wanting attention is all a front and is actually characteristics of an abuser.

For so many years I blamed myself and tried to change myself. It's just not worth it and I am hoping to gain more insights and understanding from this book as well. I think it helps when I can't speak to or see my therapist.

I am very thankful for you and the other ladies + Albort. You guys have been really supportive of me and a big comfort and I just wanted to let you all know that. I know this isn't easy and there are times where I know I will feel like I'm slipping or going backwards but I have to remind myself that I am human and it's normal. :-/

BTW- That is really cool that you will be moving back to Canada :) I hope everything works out for you and your DH. :hug: Yes, we should hang out at DL when you go :)

Sitting and relaxing after a morning whirlwind of grocery shopping. Ten doubles day once a month. So of course I HAD to go . Not that I really needed more cereal , dish soap, toilet paper... But dang free or less than a dollar .. How can I not go? :)

The wedding was fun, nice day a bit breezy but it was a bit warmer downtown than at our place. The bridal party and grooms were elegant but simple. The church used the smaller chapel, but still was about 200 guests... I don't even know that many people??? .... Very pretty with stained glass windows all around and very old with exposed brick, balconies. Short simple ceremony.
Bells tolling as they left the church, butterfly release .. Nice extras .

The reception was lovely.
Candy bar with bags and stickers with a pic of the couple, cute cute!
Open bar, cheese trays, pass of appetizers.
Dinner plated and served quickly by the staff, okay food -- wedding food tends to be a bummer.
They had beautiful flower arrangements at each table. orchids submerged in huge glass vases and more trailing off the top and sprays of greenery. Plus floating candle in glass vases.

Homemade toffee and caramels, a wedding gift from a family friend. Yum!

Live band

The cake cutting was awesome.
Brought the cake outside, while they cut and fed each other, fireworks were going off behind them. Coolest thing ever.
After that we were exhausted and went home.

The little menu line up at our place setting had late night snacks of grilled cheese , wings and rice krispie bars listed. Nice touch to feed the guests before they drive home :)

The groom was just blown away with all the details his bride had planned. I think he was a lil overwhelmed but enjoying the night.
His mom stopped and chatted with us ( teachers and spouses all hanging together) . I think she was wowed by it all too. Very down to earth woman , reminds me of my own family. She shared that bride's mom had treated to manicures the day before. And during the manicures the bride's mom and family had talked about how they liked their Botox treatments. She said she went back to the hotel and cried to her dh " How can I compete with Botox?!" " I'm going to be the old haggard woman!"

I can totally relate, thought it was great that she would be so honest and genuine with us.

We told how much we enjoyed our friendship and dh working with her son. Of course she didn't take credit.. saying he's always been a great kid. Hmm, we disagree... he's a great person because he had very good role models and a good upbringing. :)

I think dh and I are moving back to america! :dance3: It's bittersweet, I'll miss everyone here and a few things like how safe I feel here and the fact that I can walk everywhere. But I'm ready to go home.

:woohoo:

and

:hug:

Back to Canada or where?

I had the scariest moment of my life today.. Alex didnt come home from school. He gets home at the same time every day... it hit about five minutes late, 10 minutes late.. By 15 I had my shoes on, and the babies gated back in their room. I ran downstairs to look for him, and my inlaws drive up. :confused3 I ask if they had seen the boy.. nope. Okay, can you drive around abit looking for him? SO they did. I went back upstairs and panicked for a few... They come up.. nope. Didnt see him. So I ran back outside, and my husband is walking up. I said... ALEX DIDNT COME HOME!!! He runs me up the stairs, tells me to call the school.. (DUH MEGAN!!!) and tears off looking for him.

Call the school... His bus had to come back, but they had already gone back out and dropped all the kids off. I hang up, and who walks in?? Only the most IN TROUBLE KID EVER. If my inlaws werent there, I would have drop kicked his butt right off the deck. He was "exploring" Whatever. He wont be doing that again, I can tell you that much! 45 minutes we looked for the kid. I was about 2 minutes from calling the cops. AND.. My inlaws got to see me in FINEST moment. But they were great. For once. ;) They kept the little ones out of the way while I panicked. Then my mil took dh aside and told him they would watch the kids so we could go get dinner... I think she saw I was not i the mood to cook. It was the first night we had a kid free meal since I was in labor. We ate at the same place too!:lmao:

Anyways... all is well, minor stroke on my part.... major grounding on Alex's part. I swear to you, I thought his dad had snatched him. But I guess he would have to give a hoot about him to do that, eh?

Morning and happy Thursday all!

First of all Staley that is SO scary! I am glad you found him safe and sound and I SURE know how you feel! TWICE this happened to me with my stepdaughter. I used to go sit out in front of her high school to pick her up and the first time she didn't come and didn't come and I was panicked but that time I went in to the school to find out she was being "detained" because she had gotten in trouble. That time I was livid for what she had done but relieved at least that she was "ok".

But the NEXT time she didn't come and didn't come so I again went in the school but THIS time she was NOT there. Come to find out she had run away right after I had dropped her off! That was the scariest day and I was SO angry and upset. We DID get her back that night but then a few months later she ran off AGAIN and was gone for a month! We didn't get her back till she was arrested and went to juvenille hall. Needless to say that kid has put me through hell and back. I could go on and on but I won't bore you! But I DEF know that feeling of panic. It JUST happened to me again the other night when I couldn't find Katy in the MIDDLE of the night. Luckily she had sleep walked to a different room but I was so sure she had been kidnapped as well. This kind of stuff is NOT good for our hearts I tell you.

So glad he is ok an I hope he learned his lesson!! ;)

Bernice the wedding sounds incredible. Sounds like they spent a mint and it sounds like it was a lot of fun for you both! I am glad you had a good time!! :)

Hi Rochelle! Kepp hanging in GF!! :)

Yesterday was ANOTHER rainy ugly day so I just hung out and did chores round here and it was nice to relax. My stupid sciatic nerve has been acting up so it was nice to just lay down because sitting aggravates it.

Today I am off to work and the CPA is FINALLY supposed to be coming in so hopefully we get some stuff resolved and we don't have swim tonight because of a fund raiser. So again it will be nice to just relax tonight and watch survivor etc.

Tomorrow I FINALLY have my follow up apt with the OB and I am nervous and anxious about what she is going to say. I hope I can get my surgery scheduled either WELL before our disney trip or after before my class reunion so that nothing is affected. I just want to get it over with and HOPE that it helps and my recovery isn't as long and bad as the one from my surgery last August!!!

Anyway I hope you all have a WONDERFUL day and talk soon! :)

silly touch double posted... Had to come back and fix all the screw ups.. gah!

carry on....

Oh wow staley I would have freaked out too! A teenager not coming home on time gets me scowling, but he does call... Eventually.. Grrrr..

But elementary age yeeeks! All the most horrible things run thru your head as you don't expect them to strike out into the world just yet.

Kelly are you thinking it will be a hysterectomy? If so, hopefully you can have the newest type procedure via vag instead of lap.. That should cut down your recovery time . When I had the kidney donor surgery it was done as lap, my hospital roomie had a hyst done via lap the same morning, we had the same length of recovery in hospital. I was sore for a good few weeks, though I suppose for mine they had to do some extra pulling and digging. I have a bit "extra" around my middle . :blush:

Still, it's all just amazing what can be done... much better than the old traditional cut everything open type surgery.

Hope you get good news and a date that works for you!

Morning and happy Friday all.

Yeah Bernice I am thinking possibly hysto or ablation not sure. I have really bad migraines and have been on hormone therapy for about 2 years but the bleeding when I take breaks has gotten steadily worse and this last time it didn't stop and was almost hemorraghing. I was put on progresterine to get it to stop and when THAT didn't stop it I ended up in the ER. They then put me on 4 megadose estrogen bc pills a day for 7 days which made me REALLY sick but DID finally stop the bleeding but WHILE at the ER they discovered a myoma. SOOO given the fact that estrogen causes the myomas to grow and since I can't really stop the hormones because of my headaches I am thinking that surgery is my only option at this point. It is honestly what I have wanted for awhile anyway because having to be on the hormones has really stunk anyway. They mess with my system and I have a lot of breakthrough bleeding and then I KNOW I have to take these "breaks" and the bleeding is pretty bad since I go anywhere from 3 to 6 months between breaks AND I know I am in for killer migraines when I DO take a break so that week I am pretty much out of comission. I have to always time it when I know I am not going to be doing anything because I am almost bed ridden. It is SO not worth it. I spoke with a friend who had the ablation done and she said it not only took care of her bleeding but also her headaches. I don't know which option will be for me or if I can even convince this doc that this is what needs to be done (up till now I could never convince any of them to do it when it was JUST the headaches) but I am hoping that NOW that I have had the bleeding and the tumor that they will FINALLY come around! My life has pretty much been put on hold for the last few years between this and a few other health issues I have been dealing with so I am really hoping for good news! Since I do have the tumor I am not sure which surgery they could do but I guess everything will depend on what she says. All I know is she BETTER not suggest simply going off the pills to "stop the bleeding and the growth of the tumor" because I can NOT deal with the resulting headaches and plus by going off the pills the bleeding would start up again anyway so unless she can think of a way to do that I don't know how that would work. THe estrogen was the only way I got it to stop! So I am really hoping that THIS doctor gets it!!!

Anyway my apt is at 11 so wish me luck cuz I have been fighting this for years! I had an abscess on my colon and was misdiagnosed and shuttled around for 2 years with that as well and by the time I was FINALLY referred to a colo/rectal specialist and it was found I had to have surgery the VERY next day! So here is to hoping that this time it goes better. My recovery from that took almost 2 months!

Anyway I hope everyone has a good day and talk soon!

Morning all!

Kelly, hope you get the news you want to hear. Take care!

It's Friday. Yay!:yay:

So I am really hoping that THIS doctor gets it!!!

Anyway my apt is at 11 so wish me luck cuz I have been fighting this for years! I had an abscess on my colon and was misdiagnosed and shuttled around for 2 years with that as well and by the time I was FINALLY referred to a colo/rectal specialist and it was found I had to have surgery the VERY next day! So here is to hoping that this time it goes better. My recovery from that took almost 2 months!

Good luck. :hug:

Each doc has their own philosophy of when surgery is needed. But in your case, why keep putting you thru the misery? Quality of life is important to consider in these type of decisions.

My dh has been lucky with most docs, had a few that just didn't "get it" and when we moved it was a blessing to find a good one again. He's very happy with is current neph, the doc realizes that dh has been doing this for a long time and he will speak up if he is having a problem.
He's had other nephs that have this snotty "doing this for your own good" and "I'm the doctor , just do as I say" attitude but never take the time to explain the WHY. One doc would call in meds or order test.. but wouldn't talk to dh . The pharmacy would call for med pick up or hospital will call to schedule. uhhh what is this for?? :sad2: Crappy way to do medicine.

oh boy, I overdid it yesterday.

Went downtown to drop off books at the library. I'm all for technology and having automated systems.. but they better make sure it works! I struggled with the darn self scan return, flip the book one way.. nope. flip the other way.. nope.. took one book upside down, refused the other 3. Okay where is the normal book drop because this is so not working??!! There were two other people having the same problems.
Tromp outside to book drop, it's locked and can't use during open hours. grrrrr, try to give it to lady at entrance.. oh no you have to do that over there. Big long line. Oh gimme a break! Walk back out, beep beep beep. Ma'am you have to check those out. I'm trying to return them!! He points to the automated machines. D'OH! :headache:

Try one more time and machine finally decides "oh a book, I'll take that . "
Lady walks by and says "oh if it's too frustrating there is book drop".. No, it's locked. "oh well, there is another one over here" behind a glass door that leads into their offices. So ummm why don't they have a sign?? I thought that wasn't for the public?? :confused3

Anyway, pissed off at library now.. I walked several blocks to target, strolled around.. ahhhh nothing like a little retail therapy for the soul. ;) :laughing:
Trying to find deals, only got a Mickey towel on clearance plus $2 coupon.. $3 woohoo!
They didn't have any cheapie allergy meds left. Just pricey name brands. Went across to Walgreen's but they didn't have any of the sale tickets up. And their brand was expensive compared to Target.

Walked out, missed bus by 5 minutes. Walked around Sak's outlet, laughing at the prices. :rotfl2:

Took bus back towards home, stopped at Walmart 60 ct of generic Claritin for $7, SOLD! Went to Cub (grocery) and got the yummy Alexia snacks that dh likes, buy 10 for $1.39 each, generates a $10 off your next order coupon. Sweet!

Missed the bus, walked the 3/4 of a mile back home. Got sunburn face and neck, but only on my left side facing the sun. :lmao:

Today, ache and sore all over. :guilty: Yep did too much.
Just relaxing today, I will have the boys do dishes when they get home. Going to toss something into crock pot. Honey Hoisin chicken maybe?

http://eatathomecooks.com/2009/11/honey-hoisin-chicken-in-the-slow-cooker.html

Hubby's co-workers find out today what is happening to the school/jobs.
He took the day off to rest, has a cough/ cold. I'm sure one of them will call later today. I'm glad that he is going back on disability. I can't imagine what we would do, he doesn't have tenure yet. Job market for teachers is incredibly competitive in our area, even more now with budget cut backs.. our governors idea of balancing state budget was to give schools an IOU for the next two years. Nice.
So, yeah.. going back on disability.. perfect timing. He's looking forward to having a less hectic schedule. :goodvibes

Have a great weekend everyone!

Morning and happy Friday all.

Yeah Bernice I am thinking possibly hysto or ablation not sure. I have really bad migraines and have been on hormone therapy for about 2 years but the bleeding when I take breaks has gotten steadily worse and this last time it didn't stop and was almost hemorraghing. I was put on progresterine to get it to stop and when THAT didn't stop it I ended up in the ER. They then put me on 4 megadose estrogen bc pills a day for 7 days which made me REALLY sick but DID finally stop the bleeding but WHILE at the ER they discovered a myoma. SOOO given the fact that estrogen causes the myomas to grow and since I can't really stop the hormones because of my headaches I am thinking that surgery is my only option at this point. It is honestly what I have wanted for awhile anyway because having to be on the hormones has really stunk anyway. They mess with my system and I have a lot of breakthrough bleeding and then I KNOW I have to take these "breaks" and the bleeding is pretty bad since I go anywhere from 3 to 6 months between breaks AND I know I am in for killer migraines when I DO take a break so that week I am pretty much out of comission. I have to always time it when I know I am not going to be doing anything because I am almost bed ridden. It is SO not worth it. I spoke with a friend who had the ablation done and she said it not only took care of her bleeding but also her headaches. I don't know which option will be for me or if I can even convince this doc that this is what needs to be done (up till now I could never convince any of them to do it when it was JUST the headaches) but I am hoping that NOW that I have had the bleeding and the tumor that they will FINALLY come around! My life has pretty much been put on hold for the last few years between this and a few other health issues I have been dealing with so I am really hoping for good news! Since I do have the tumor I am not sure which surgery they could do but I guess everything will depend on what she says. All I know is she BETTER not suggest simply going off the pills to "stop the bleeding and the growth of the tumor" because I can NOT deal with the resulting headaches and plus by going off the pills the bleeding would start up again anyway so unless she can think of a way to do that I don't know how that would work. THe estrogen was the only way I got it to stop! So I am really hoping that THIS doctor gets it!!!

My sis had that happen, and had a hysterectomy... SHe is SO glad she did! Now she is totally fine, and feeling tons better. She went years with issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter