• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Unofficial Chatterbox Thread! Everyone is Welcome!

Well I am back from the doc and she wants to do the ablation. At first she told me I could try an IUD, NOT and then she said I could just keep taking the pills NOT, I was like HELLO did you just LISTEN to what I told you???? She seems to think that the myoma is NOT causing the bleeding but then what is??? And if I keep doing what I am doing I am going to keep having to take these breaks meaning MORE heavy bleeding and MORE headaches. UGH! So she said there was either the ablation or hysto but she recommends ablation. They just do NOT want to do surgeries. I guess cuz of possible complications and recovery time etc.

Personally I would rather just get it over with if there is a possiblity I might end up with one down the road anyway but I guess we will have to see. She says that since we are just doing the ablation and I will stay have my ovaries that I will STILL have to take the stupid hormones. What I forgot to ask her is if I will still have to take "breaks". I am assuming NO since I will no longer have a linning that needs to be shed but that means I STILL have to mess with the ins and pharmacy getting the pills each month. I think I am going to ask her about going back on the first pills I took which have NO placebos. I stopped taking those cuz I was having breakthrough bleeding but since supposedly after doing this procedure I should no longer HAVE any bleeding then maybe that will be a better option. I don't know I am disgusted in a way cuz I just want this all to be over. Now I STILL have to take the stupid pills till I go through menopause whenever THAT may be. I am almost 43 so that could be anywhere from NOW till 10 years from now or even longer. I have NO frame of reference because my grandma went through it at 40 and my mom had a hysto at 35 because of a fibroid! SO who knows!

Anyway the nurse is supposed to call in a few days to schedule the procedure and she said hopefully I can get it done in a month or so. I said as LONG as it is well before my trip otherwise I am going to have them wait till AFTER!

Anyway we shall see what happens. Thanks for listening to my tale and I hope you all have a GREAT day and weekend!!! :)

*Kelly- :hug: I hope everything is okay. :hug:

*Melody- :hug: Glad to hear your grandson is well. :) I have been waiting to see my older guy cousin's baby. They were supposed to visit today but then the baby caught a cold. :(

*Bernice- glad the wedding went well. That sounds really cool to have had fireworks. :)

*Staley- I would have been freaked out too about your DS wandering around. Yeesh! I would have had a heart attack! :faint: I'm glad he is okay. :hug: Also, hooray! You are so close to starting your trip to WDW!! :yay:

I am going out of town in about 2 weeks. I'm flying out to see my older cousin (sister of the cousin I mentioned above). She has an 8 year old daughter, Emilee, who is really cute and sassy! :rotfl: I can't wait to see her. I have never been out of state by myself and I have never been to their home, which looks beautiful and big from photos I've seen. I'm excited. I think I need to take a mini trip for myself.

very tempted to just hop in my car right now and drive to DL...
20zw5rc.jpg

Morning and happy Sunday all!

Rochelle you are SO lucky that you live so close. Heck if I lived close enough I'd join you!!! ;)

Yesterday was a good day for us. I haven't felt like getting out of the house in a LONG time. We headed out yesterday to run a bunch of errands and the weather was nice and it was just a great day. Shelby is going to a birthday party today so we had to run to the mall to get a gift and while there we did a little extra shopping and had lunch and FINALLY took Katy to see Percy Jackson. I am SO thrilled that she has finally taken an interest in reading. She has always struggled with it and getting her to read ANYTHING has been like pulling teeth. I keep trying to tell her how fun reading can be but NOTHING has interested her and nowadays with SO many other distractions like tv, video games, just playing outside etc it is hard to get an active kid to sit down and read a book. But over easter I made a deal with them that they could pick ANY book in their reading level they wanted but they HAD to read the whole thing! Then in Katy's case since she picked Percy I told her if she finished it all I would take her to see the movie. Well she REALLY got into it and it is the first book that was bigger than about 40 pages that she has ever read. These books are like 300 something pages. So I am SO proud of her and she took her test at school on it and got ALL the points! And she already on her own checked out the 2nd book from the library! Prob doesn't sound like that big of a deal but reading is SO important and it is so hard because you can't FORCE a kid to be a good reader. So I am so glad she is finally enjoying it!!!

Anyway the movie was better than I thought and we all enjoyed it and had a nice day out and about. Then we stopped at the store to order shelby's birthday cake for her party next weekend and pick up some things for dinner and Shane and I have been craving the salad from El Toritos and we wondered if they had the dressing pre-made and actually found it but ironically this woman saw us and said DON'T buy it that it didn't taste good so she told us how to make it and I looked it up on my phone to get all the ingredients and we made it and it was AWESOME. JUST like the restaurant!!!

Now today Shelby has her party to go to and we will probably bbq again today and enjoy the weather while it lasts. It is supposed to rain AGAIN next week! Tuesday is shelby's actual birthday so we will be going out to dinner with my parents and then back to their house for cake and opening the presents from us and them and then Friday night we have girl scouts and Saturday is her party. So busy busy week. The girls also have star testing starting this week. Oh and Friday Katy has a field trip to Coloma and I am driving so it should be a busy but FUN week!

I am also planning on calling my doc back and discussing with her about doing the full hysto because the more I have thought about it the more I think it would be better to just do it and get it over with. That way I would NOT have to keep taking the pills, would most likely not have the headaches AND KNOW that the bleeding would be stopped for good and not have ANY chances of it not working.

So we shall see what she says. I hope she can see my side of it and will agree!

Anyway that's bout it for me. I hope everyone is having a good weekend and talk soon.

I tried logging on last night but something here on the DIS kept crashing my firefox browser. It was really weird.. no problems today.

Yesterday, my family and I walked up to Game Stop, Noah traded in a few games and picked up two more for just $2 oop :thumbsup2 He's learning to do the deals, I'm so proud. :lovestruc :p

Since we were in the area, we decided to try out a further walk. Went over to the thrift store, got a silly picture frame of a sheep with a wicked gleam in his eyes for dh's friend. He collects farm animal stuff, has a room set aside just for his collection-- little odd but hey whatever floats your boat. :laughing:
And another welcome sign for me. I need to get some nails, I have a bunch waiting to hang already.

Walked to the smoke shop, I mentioned to dh that I think I saw a coupon for a different location for lower cost. The manager heard me and asked "what price?" , we were like no no it's okay as I'm not even sure if it was the same brand. He said that he matches any price, gave dh $2 off each carton (really really cheap nasty little cigars) and said "keep the receipt, that is your price every time now". Dh was happy and I'm like ohh okay :blush: didn't expect that.. :laughing:

Walked back over to the shopping area, liquor store for some amaretto.. mmmm Cheaper than going out to drink.

Next was the grocery store, used my $10 coupon, bought more stuff to generate another $10, and bought some deli meat and bakery bread as a treat.

The boys were with us, they became the pack mules to haul groceries the 3/4 mile back home. :thumbsup2

About 4 miles walked all together, in the rain no less. :thumbsup2

Well B. you weren't the only one having problems posting on the DIS. I thought it was internet explorer that was messing up, so switched to Firefox and had the same problems. I kept trying to comment and post and it kept not showing up. So I'm guessing it must have just been the DIS. I finally gave up...I would repost, but heck I can't even remember what I was saying this morning, let alone yesterday!:rotfl2:

I dont even know where to post this but I really need help!
I need to buy school bags for my 3 boys. I imagined walking into a store in DL and finding a huge variety to choose from. Is this a dream or does it exist? I was hoping to get one with the character from Rio and others that are simply not common in other stores. HELP PLEASE!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter