Throwaway cookies, NEVER :) The official Fort cookie thread!

I like the title change, it keeps part of the original intent mixed with some reality.

It has been a long week at the death/funeral of a wonderful sister in law, however; a great neighbor brought these cookies to the funeral luncheon on Friday. Here is the delicious recipe.

Andes Mint Chocolate Cookies

1 1/4 sticks butter
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 T water
2 cups chocolate chips
2 eggs
2 1/2 C Flour
1 1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Melt butter, sugar & water in microwave until butter is melted. Stir in chocolate chips until melted. Let cool 10 minutes.
Add eggs, one at a time. Stir in flour, Sosa and salt. Chill for at least 2 hours.
Shape into balls ( 1 inch or so). Bake at 350 for ten (10) minutes. Place 1 Andes mint in center of each cookie, pressing down. Once melted, spread with knife and place on cooling rack.

We doubled the batch and the double recipe made about 7 dozen cookies.

Before I get this going this weekend, can I get a clarification on the amount of water. Appreciate it.

I apologize that I abbreviated the amount of water. The amount is 2 Tablespoons, or 2 T as I put it! An old Home Economics shortcut. That puts some age on me! Enjoy.

I apologize that I abbreviated the amount of water. The amount is 2 Tablespoons, or 2 T as I put it! An old Home Economics shortcut. That puts some age on me! Enjoy.
I guess it ages me too. 2 T is two Tablespoons while 2 t is two Teaspoons. :)

Wow... I might have to make a Trip to GSP just to try all the cookies. Are they all going to be loophole (err.... squirrel) shaped since Michael got his new cookie cutter?

Mine aint the only oven working around the Dis I promise.

Well, we at it again.
IMAG0837.jpg

Aight, we got this all done.
IMAG0840.jpg

I think the hardest part was unwrapping all the mints but luckily I had unwrapped them while the cookies were in the oven.

IMAG0842.jpg

I had to leave some cookies mint-free as the youngest doesn't like mint.

These things are fine! Even without the mints they are great. Any of you with any sense will copy this recipe and give it a go. Thanks @bjschil.

Now, about the cookie cutter. This recipe was a bit too tachy for the cutter to work. I'll have the DW pick up some cookie dough and I'll use it with the cutter.

So, is anybody else giving a recipe a go? I gotta eat these up before I tackle another one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter