Trash will now be taken every day

Oh I don't disagree. I want my do not disturb sign! I completely unerstand the trash argument/issues. I was just addressing that housekeeping is not performing professional security tasks with this new assignment. Maybe just observation as we all should do.

It is possible that the folks picking up trash won't be housekeepers. They'll be security. Disney already has a ton of plain clothes security in the parks - sticking them into housekeeping roles isn't a big deal - and don't be surprised if some of the housekeepers start needing service dogs ......

When I saw this my first thought was that this was about keeping the halls clean and stopping bugs. If I'm right, this will save money. Much easier to empty trash than to deal with what happens when trash piles up in rooms and halls.

Seems everyone else jumped to a different conclusion.

The picture of that gave me a laugh. The reason is that every Disney security person I've encountered is male, and every housekeeper who's come to my room is female. All I could envision was a man standing at my door wearing a housekeepers dress. I think for that, I might even let him come in-after I got done laughing. Sorry, but people have been so serious about this issue, I guess it just needed some frivolity.

The picture of that gave me a laugh. The reason is that every Disney security person I've encountered is male, and every housekeeper who's come to my room is female. All I could envision was a man standing at my door wearing a housekeepers dress. I think for that, I might even let him come in-after I got done laughing. Sorry, but people have been so serious about this issue, I guess it just needed some frivolity.
I have seen many many male housekeeping cast members at Disney! Just last year at AKV too, year before at BCV!

It is possible that the folks picking up trash won't be housekeepers. They'll be security. Disney already has a ton of plain clothes security in the parks - sticking them into housekeeping roles isn't a big deal - and don't be surprised if some of the housekeepers start needing service dogs ......
Someone's already reported someone coming in their room with a sniffer dog.

I don't know why or what they are trying to accomplish but people love security theater. Designed to make people feel safer the government has set up security check points and so do many businesses who don't want to see their bottom line affected. I have been allowed to pass at airports even though the metal detector goes off and the swipe pads have tested positive. At Disney a couple of weeks ago we were allowed to pass several check points even though the metal detector went off. No additional screenings or pat downs just a wave through. In reality bad people will find a way to do bad despite the actions of businesses.

:earsboy: Bill

Last edited:
When I saw this my first thought was that this was about keeping the halls clean and stopping bugs. If I'm right, this will save money. Much easier to empty trash than to deal with what happens when trash piles up in rooms and halls.

The new room tag fine print mention security. Only a knock on the door is required before entry.

it was nice not having housekeepers come to the room everyday. Now dues will go up.

Elsewhere someone shared that they had received a response from Ken Potrocks office after sharing some concerns about the change and they acknowledged it is about safety and security.

And dues will pay for the additional trash service of course.

In reality bad people will find a way to do bad despite the actions of businesses.

That's a convenient trope to employ. However it's tough to think of a terror target which would be more damaging to the American way of life than Disneyland or Walt Disney World.

One of these two things must be true:
1. Terrorists have never conceived of attacking a Disney theme park or resort
2. Any plots to attack a Disney destination have thus far been repelled or abandoned, with some credit attributable to to Disney's security measures

The security is not impenetrable, but a combination of real protective measures and "security theater" has thus far been successful in keeping hundreds-of-millions of guests safe. The fact that security staff uses their own experience, intuition and common sense to avoid additional guest screenings doesn't render the process useless.

This could be embarrassing to the honey moon couple :rolleyes1

No kidding! And, again, to someone showering! I may take the money spent on my five weeks there in 2017, my two annual passes, my souvenirs, my meals at "fine dining" on property, and my annual dues and go elsewhere. This is invasive!

Honeymoon couple, heck, we've been married 26 years and it would be embarrassing to us as well.
Seems to me, surprises wouldn't happen if the safety latch is engaged.

IMO, many posters seem to be over-reacting and "assuming facts not in evidence.". YMMV.

So they just have to come in the room, seeing the actual guest is not mandatory right?

There's no such thing as complete security. Doesn't mean we should throw up our hands and do nothing. Maybe all Disney is doing is making it more difficult for those intent on doing harm. Might be enough to take Disney off their "easy target" list.

Maybe all Disney is doing is making it more difficult for those intent on doing harm. Might be enough to take Disney off their "easy target" list.
Maybe they were tip offed of that there was intent. I hate it that my dues will be going up, but for some reason I feel like Disney is in the know of something and is trying to keep their guest safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter