Universal will reopen June 5th!

Ok - someone please correct me if I am wrong , but isn't the virtual queue what was being used at ROTR in DHS, and not a FP?

Correct. Different than a FP or anything Universal has done. I'm not really sure how they'll do their version of a VQ, i've never been on Fast and Furious so I don't know how that works.

Whenever Disney is open, I'll be most interested how they plan to handle the boarding groups for RotR

Correct. Different than a FP or anything Universal has done. I'm not really sure how they'll do their version of a VQ, i've never been on Fast and Furious so I don't know how that works.

Thanks much ! Was almost sure but not positive

It’s where you reserve a time to go. You can do it on your phone or walk up and have them give you a time to come back. When you come back at the reserved time you get right on. If you’re familiar with Disney fast pass it’s similar to that :)
Thank you

The 3 hotels allow the free AP

Not sure what you mean it’s “water down?”

They better be back using the EPs come Thanksgiving. Already have 2 night stay at RPR booked but will NOT pay $400/nt and not have use of the UEP we can get.

I have to imagine they will be back though, otherwise I see bookings at their top three hotels shrivel up to nothing. What would be the point?

I stay at a premier hotel as I like what those hotels offer the guests.
I enjoy RP for having two full service restaurants and a grab and go for early morning.
Room service has no time limits if I order food at midnight.

RP and HR are short walks to the parks and City Walk.
The hotel amenities for room service is something I use a lot.

I see the free ep as an added bonus to staying there and it’s not the main draw why I select the premier hotel.

I quite enjoy the parks but my vacations are a time I can relax and not be in a rush for anything.

I think you are almost alone in that sentiment. EP is front and center on their website and is likely why most book there.
I stay at a premier hotel as I like what those hotels offer the guests.
I enjoy RP for having two full service restaurants and a grab and go for early morning.
Room service has no time limits if I order food at midnight.

RP and HR are short walks to the parks and City Walk.
The hotel amenities for room service is something I use a lot.

I see the free ep as an added bonus to staying there and it’s not the main draw why I select the premier hotel.

I quite enjoy the parks but my vacations are a time I can relax and not be in a rush for anything.

I think you are almost alone in that sentiment. EP is front and center on their website and is likely why most book there.

Agree. I prefer sapphire falls and Cabana Bay over the deluxe resorts anyway. I only stay for express and definitely won’t if express is not offered.

I think EP will still be a thing. The reason for no single rider is because they don't to put a random person with another random person.

As far as virtual line, it' like fast pass, the old fast pass. You "grab one" and go back at that time. You then go through the EP line to get on the ride. I've used it for fast and furious before. lol It was nice to skip walking the long empty line.

There is no way I would stay at Universal if they didn't have express and early entry. I haven't stayed at a deluxe in 15+ years because even the express isn't worth the upchage to me. If I was rich, Universal's resorts are some of my favorites, ahead of most Disney resorts. Havning everything right there and the night walking paths and boats is my favorite immersive theme park experience. Just can't justify it when I can spent 1/4 the amount on lodging and just deal with the lines. If I DID splurge for Universal hotel and they took those perks away but kept all my money I'd be mad.

I really see no reason they can't do both. Especially early entry. For express, just calculate how many people will be using them per hour and take that out of the virtual queue reservation system. Flash your express and get in line with people returning with their VQ reservation. If the line backs up you might be told to wait to the side for a few minutes before the line goes down. The reason Universal is able to offer express to everyone in the deluxe hotels is because it is so few people that it does not back up the lines the way Disney's FP system does.

There is no way I would stay at Universal if they didn't have express and early entry. I haven't stayed at a deluxe in 15+ years because even the express isn't worth the upchage to me. If I was rich, Universal's resorts are some of my favorites, ahead of most Disney resorts. Havning everything right there and the night walking paths and boats is my favorite immersive theme park experience. Just can't justify it when I can spent 1/4 the amount on lodging and just deal with the lines. If I DID splurge for Universal hotel and they took those perks away but kept all my money I'd be mad.

I really see no reason they can't do both. Especially early entry. For express, just calculate how many people will be using them per hour and take that out of the virtual queue reservation system. Flash your express and get in line with people returning with their VQ reservation. If the line backs up you might be told to wait to the side for a few minutes before the line goes down. The reason Universal is able to offer express to everyone in the deluxe hotels is because it is so few people that it does not back up the lines the way Disney's FP system does.
With the amount of people that will be in the parks for the time being EP isn't going to matter. As far as the hotels go i will just stay at Cabana Bay

With the amount of people that will be in the parks for the time being EP isn't going to matter. As far as the hotels go i will just stay at Cabana Bay
My thought is that the parks already know people will wait an hour for an attraction. My guess is while there will be fewer guests, wait times won’t change much as they were pre covid because of the extra sanitation requirements for rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter