UPDATED 01/14/20 - The FW DISMeet 2020-See Post #283 For Latest News and Updates

Ed,

Thanks for the update. I'm curious what loop(s) we will be in. Any ideas on how to pay for the balance on a Disney card? I have about $800 or so on my Disney Visa account that I was going to use.

Don,

I didn't find anything unusual for ADRs. I tried getting Ohana, but it didn't show as an option since it is closed. I did have problems using the Disney web site on my PC. It would show availability. When I would pick a time and try to complete the reservation, it would fail every time. Error messages varied. I could do it on the MDE app on my phone and it would work fine.

j

Jim,
If you call the group number they can do a payoff on your reservation. That is what we did.

So a quick update as far as we go. I questioned work about going to Florida and returning, they said you would need to take off two weeks. I said that is fine, but according to policy in place you need to pay me for those two weeks. Next day they return and tell me, I would not be required to quarentine. DW is working from home so not a problem there. We have made a couple reservations for our stay, and at this time, looks like our countdown is at 49 days. Need to make our reservations for the overnight on the way down and on our return trip.

Good for you, PaHunter! Funny how the rules change if the "time off" is on your dime or theirs! Glad you checked the rulebook. Looking forward to meeting everyone. If I had a camper I would have booked directly with you guys. But I have a new tent and it is time to pitch it and pray no one is video-ing the attempt! Lol!

Jim,
If you call the group number they can do a payoff on your reservation. That is what we did.
Great. I'll probably wait until closer to the trip. I just bought a bunch more stuff for Ian and around here that should give me another $100 or so of Disney Visa points. I have to wait until after the next billing cycle though.

j

I can’t wait to be there with you guys/gals. DW and I are so excited to spend some time with everyone again.

@bama_ed, we got 2 new 1,000 piece Haunted Mansion puzzles they just released and a new Jungle Cruise game they released. There was so much merchandise I wanted.

Yikes, totally slipped my mind. Did we ever confirm a logo/sign for this event. At work now so can't access on phone, but will check at home and find original the pictures and we can review them.

Yikes, totally slipped my mind. Did we ever confirm a logo/sign for this event. At work now so can't access on phone, but will check at home and find original the pictures and we can review them.

I went back through the results and looked like this one had the most votes for the font everyone liked the most. I'll defer to our ring leader @bama_ed though for sure.:worship: lol Here is the link to the original choices - https://www.disboards.com/threads/u...latest-news-and-updates.3753292/post-60983586

Bishoparc, that looks great! Might I suggest that you add an extra space between words? With some fonts all in caps they tend to run together like one long word.:)

4. Not clear yet on if we can do site assignments. The personnel the TA has interfaced with in years past both on the contract and Fort back-office sides have been furloughed, out of the office, or on other assignments.

Did she seem to think that we would still be in the same loop (well at least all the premium in one and full in another) or is it possible we will be split up since those cast members aren’t around?

Officially pulled the plug yesterday on the Oct Trip, :(:(:mad::sad::sad::sad::sad:, we were trying to wait and see if Oct 2021 would open for reservations, but doesn't seem like that's happening to soon. Was really looking forward to the Oct trip and meeting everyone. Maybe some day.......Bama Ed, I would have even watched the football game with you!:rolleyes1 Big 10 doesn't seem to know what's going on so don't know if we will see any FB here or not. Some parents have sued the commisioner for some answers.

We getting fewer and fewer...

Shame really. I was planning on cooking up some MS roadkill too. Ed's gonna have to eat more now.

giphy-2.gif

I hate to see any of you backing out, however the circumstances are unprecedented. None of us could of imagined how this was going to be over a year ago when we put this together. Its hard on everyone and has caused us all some hardship in one way or another. I completely understand.

Officially pulled the plug yesterday on the Oct Trip, :(:(:mad::sad::sad::sad::sad:, we were trying to wait and see if Oct 2021 would open for reservations, but doesn't seem like that's happening to soon. Was really looking forward to the Oct trip and meeting everyone. Maybe some day.......Bama Ed, I would have even watched the football game with you!:rolleyes1 Big 10 doesn't seem to know what's going on so don't know if we will see any FB here or not. Some parents have sued the commisioner for some answers.

Okay rajak. Whenever you do plan the next WDW trip, post it on the Camping Board early on because I might be planning to go around that time too. Our next trip after the DISMeet is Feb 2021 but after that nothing on the horizon. It might be a sign I need to take a break from WDW visits. Who knows? :confused3

I hope to have a future update relating to who is on the current list but I have sent out a few PM to clarify some conflicting info. If you got a message from me, please respond and I will proceed. If you didn't get a message from me, lucky you! :p

Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter