UPDATED 01/14/20 - The FW DISMeet 2020-See Post #283 For Latest News and Updates

Just a brief update:

First please review my update in post #557 about preparing for the DISMeet.

A. We are requesting placement in loops 1100 (Premium) and 2100 (Full)

B. As it currently stands, we will have about 20 sites in use (remember folks are arriving and departing different days, of course).

C. I plan to launch the DISMeet Trip Report thread on the main Camping Board on Labor Day weekend (which is about a month out from the first arrivers). BTW, if you didn't see the awesome graphic our user @Bishoparc put together it's most recently in post #567. Our event also has a name (rather than the dry 'DISMeet' title) - RENDEZVOUS AT THE FORT.

Bama Ed

PS - remember to keep the afternoon of Monday, October 12 free and open for our get-together.

Last edited:

Just a brief update:

First please review my update in post #557 about preparing for the DISMeet.

A. We are requesting placement in loops 1100 (Premium) and 2100 (Full)

B. As it currently stands, we will have about 20 sites in use (remember folks are arriving and departing different days, of course).

C. I plan to launch the DISMeet Trip Report thread on the main Camping Board on Labor Day weekend (which is about a month out from the first arrivers). BTW, if you didn't see the awesome graphic our user @Bishoparc put together it's most recently in post #567. Our event also has a name (rather than the dry 'DISMeet' title) - RENDEZVOUS AT THE FORT.

Bama Ed

PS - remember to keep the afternoon of Monday, October 12 free and open for our get-together.

I want to be by the elevator, and close to the ice machine.......1100 is a nice loop, we can fit in a spot or two.

I want to be by the elevator, and close to the ice machine.......
I was really surprised this trip when the options for room preference were actually appropriate. Last trip I did request upper floor and by the elevator. I didn't get either one. :lmao:

Here are the choices now, for the Fort.

j

I'm excited to use the My Disney Experience app's new feature of being a digital key to unlock the door to my room.
Sad to say mine didn’t work on this last trip. DW kept asking me why I was trying to hold my phone to the camper door. Maybe it was the poor WiFi :duck:

Sad to say mine didn’t work on this last trip. DW kept asking me why I was trying to hold my phone to the camper door. Maybe it was the poor WiFi :duck:

Your wife sounds like she is as smart as mine, Arc. :teacher: We are lucky to be married to SUCH intelligent ladies. ::yes::

But I wanted to ask you, Arc, on your recent visit, did you get a movie list/line up when you checked in or did you have to look over at the movie amphitheater to find out what was showing each night? How would anyone know what movie was showing what night?

Ed

Your wife sounds like she is as smart as mine, Arc. :teacher: We are lucky to be married to SUCH intelligent ladies. ::yes::

But I wanted to ask you, Arc, on your recent visit, did you get a movie list/line up when you checked in or did you have to look over at the movie amphitheater to find out what was showing each night? How would anyone know what movie was showing what night?

Ed
We sure are lucky Ed 8-)

All we were given was a map and a page describing the COVID measures. That being said, the cast member that checked us in gave us the most complete rundown I have ever received in my life. One of the items she mentioned was the movies for the 2 nights we were there. She literally answered every question I could have thought of without me having to ask. The only one I had to ask her was how to get to Wilderness Lodge because let’s face it, that’s a really important question:thanks:

Please, nobody take offense at our sparsely decorated site when you come by. I don't really get the whole Halloween thing. I've had a blow up stacked pumpkin thing and I put up a big spiderweb thing on the front of the house one year, but I've never been into the costumes and crazy setups.

I will come by and enjoy everyone else's though. So decorate away!

j

Please, nobody take offense at our sparsely decorated site when you come by. I don't really get the whole Halloween thing. I've had a blow up stacked pumpkin thing and I put up a big spiderweb thing on the front of the house one year, but I've never been into the costumes and crazy setups.

j
My lovely wife made me decorate for Christmas when we were there a couple years ago. It just dawned on me I might have to do Halloween? Awww no..

j
We aren’t big Halloween people either so don’t worry (but I couldn’t let @tiggerdad beat me :rockband:

j
My lovely wife made me decorate for Christmas when we were there a couple years ago. It just dawned on me I might have to do Halloween? Awww no..

giphy-1.gif

thumb_slacker-memegenerator-net-slacker-principal-strickland-meme-generator-52829123.png

@Teamubr dont feel bad. We put up lights for our own enjoyment and people tend to like them. Definitely nothing special. I do occasionally for Christmas trips at some light up small trees but nothing for Halloween. I wonder if I still have the Mickey Mouse light up pumpkin?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter