Villains expansion changed to 5th gate possibly?

A fith gate would be 5-10 years down the road, no way the labor market is the same as today. Even if its still a tight labor market, Disney, more than most companies, can pull from colleges and overseas. And as a shareholder, I would not be happy with a company that cancels growth and expansions plans due to a lack of labor - I say figure it out high priced CEO's, figure it out!
As someone who works in the Education industry I wouldn't being expecting the work force to get any better this generation.

Now that we seem to be returning to the standard Iger playbook, any optimism that I had for a 5th theme park is gone. (And yeah, I know it was a long shot the entire time.)

For the past couple of years, Disney had been preaching "improving the guest experience", limiting sales of APs and using Park Pass to restrict crowds. Those restrictions are quickly falling by the wayside. Annual Passes have been readily available for nearly a month. Park Pass is being lifted for dated MYW tickets next year and the've trimmed away the restrictions for passholders (PP not needed most days after 2pm, "bonus days.")

WDW is back to the old philosophy of "let's cram as many people into the parks as possible."

That said, Iger did a reasonable job of investing in the parks so hopefully we'll hear about new expansions soon. Now that TRON is open, the only things on the horizon are the Moana water thing (TM) and Splash Mountain redux. We could be looking at a pretty thin 2024-2025, just as universal is prepping an entirely new park. Epic Universe isn't going to put WDW out of business, but it will render them very vulnerable to reduced foot traffic with little new to promote.

As someone who works in the Education industry I wouldn't being expecting the work force to get any better this generation.
I have said before and will keep repeating. All it takes is for Congress to get its act together and pass comprehensive immigration reform to cure all the labor issues. There are over 15 million illegal aliens in this country with tens of thousands lining up at the border waiting for Title 42 to end. When corporate America decides it is time, the ability for those here illegally to legally get employment will happen. Politicians from both parties need the financial support of big business to get elected.

That’s sad. I was hoping for something new. Universal is opening a third gate.
Universal is in a position where it makes sense to do that. WDW can respond in kind but they don’t necessarily have to, it would be an extremely sensible decision to make additions in existing parks, and particularly AK, which has a big hole that needs to be filled.

Now that we seem to be returning to the standard Iger playbook, any optimism that I had for a 5th theme park is gone. (And yeah, I know it was a long shot the entire time.)

For the past couple of years, Disney had been preaching "improving the guest experience", limiting sales of APs and using Park Pass to restrict crowds. Those restrictions are quickly falling by the wayside. Annual Passes have been readily available for nearly a month. Park Pass is being lifted for dated MYW tickets next year and the've trimmed away the restrictions for passholders (PP not needed most days after 2pm, "bonus days.")

WDW is back to the old philosophy of "let's cram as many people into the parks as possible."

That said, Iger did a reasonable job of investing in the parks so hopefully we'll hear about new expansions soon. Now that TRON is open, the only things on the horizon are the Moana water thing (TM) and Splash Mountain redux. We could be looking at a pretty thin 2024-2025, just as universal is prepping an entirely new park. Epic Universe isn't going to put WDW out of business, but it will render them very vulnerable to reduced foot traffic with little new to promote.

It's what we've all been asking for, and we can't have everything we want from the parks. All I keep hearing is, "It's to expensive to do Disney," "The crowds are to heavy to enjoy the parks," "We want to enjoy the parks without having to plan our days 6 months in advance." All of these are forces that contradict one another, and honestly, I'm surprised Disney dealt with the complaining about park passes for as long as they did. Now here's to hoping they stop virtual queues beyond a basic scan a QR code to be placed in line, and paid fastpass. It'll make it more like the early 2000s playing field for guests.

I've heard rumblings from people saying that because of the response to the bluesky concept villains expansion that they are upgrading the villains land to an entire 5th gate. With a possible announcement coming this September at WDW during D23. Could be Bob Iger's legacy project before he leaves.
This comes up every few years. It is a rumor as old as the Disboards.

I have said before and will keep repeating. All it takes is for Congress to get its act together and pass comprehensive immigration reform to cure all the labor issues. There are over 15 million illegal aliens in this country with tens of thousands lining up at the border waiting for Title 42 to end. When corporate America decides it is time, the ability for those here illegally to legally get employment will happen. Politicians from both parties need the financial support of big business to get elected.
What labor issues would this solve? Are you and (more like 11) 15 million of your friends willing to do hard labor for less than minimum wage? No? Do you have an understanding of the ripple effect it would have on the US economy (let alone the global one)?

What does
When corporate America decides it is time, the ability for those here illegally to legally get employment will happen.
even mean?

What labor issues would this solve? Are you and (more like 11) 15 million of your friends willing to do hard labor for less than minimum wage? No? Do you have an understanding of the ripple effect it would have on the US economy (let alone the global one)?

What does

even mean?
It means when corporate America lobbies the government to loosen immigration rules and implement productive reform, the labor problem would solve itself.

We have a major labor shortage that is literally never going to correct itself. We have supposedly millions of people trying to get into America.

Welcome to America. Here's your job. If you remain in good standing, pay taxes and follow laws, we will not bother you.

There's more to it as you have to think about housing, infrastructure, public services, etc., but we have plenty of unskilledaren't. Available that is willing to do the work that citizens arent.

It means when corporate America lobbies the government to loosen immigration rules and implement productive reform, the labor problem would solve itself.

We have a major labor shortage that is literally never going to correct itself. We have supposedly millions of people trying to get into America.

Welcome to America. Here's your job. If you remain in good standing, pay taxes and follow laws, we will not bother you.

There's more to it as you have to think about housing, infrastructure, public services, etc., but we have plenty of unskilledaren't. Available that is willing to do the work that citizens arent.
That's not what the sentence said.
When corporate America decides it is time, the ability for those here illegally to legally get employment will happen.
So there's a sense that corporations will allow people here illegally to get legal employment in the future (and not now)? That's what the sentence says.

That's not what the sentence said.

So there's a sense that corporations will allow people here illegally to get legal employment in the future (and not now)? That's what the sentence says.
Oh my gosh. Yes, I meant there are millions on unskilled jobs in this country that need to be filled. If corporations lobby for major immigration reform than both parties will listen and pass. We have a major problem in this country. When the previous President left office it was estimated between 10 and 11 million illegal aliens were in the country. The current administration has allowed OVER 5 million to enter this country in the last 2+ years. Ignoring the problem is not going to let it go away. Major cities like New York and Chicago are pleading for help as Texas transports as many people as possible. While this sounds on the service cruel, the Texas border towns are totally over whelmed by the 100's of thousands in camps that just were not intended for these numbers. The people here need jobs, food, housing, medical attention, access to schools. It is a crisis that needs solutions and not finger pointing, but I am afraid the way politics has become so polarizing that no one seems interested in solving the problems.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter