• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Hello fellow groupies. Got those Disney blues today. Got home late last night. Had a nice dinner at Whispering Canyon during our trip. The food was good as usual and our server was awesome. It was just nice to be in the Lodge for a little bit and had to sit by the fire of course. Our first 4 nights were at the Poly and boy were we wowed. I think it's the only other resort that IMO can come close to the ambiance and beauty of the Lodge.
Glad you had a great trip! We are doing a split stay like you - 5N at the Poly then 5N (maybe 6) at WL (CCV). I kind of feel like a traitor not doing all our nights at the WL! But I'm excited to try the Poly, only resort I've never stayed at. Only cure for the blues is to start planning your next trip!

Glad you had a great trip! We are doing a split stay like you - 5N at the Poly then 5N (maybe 6) at WL (CCV). I kind of feel like a traitor not doing all our nights at the WL! But I'm excited to try the Poly, only resort I've never stayed at. Only cure for the blues is to start planning your next trip!
That will be a great trip!!! I'm so glad we finally stayed there. I really wish I could plan another trip but don't know when we will be able to afford to go again. May be at least a couple years. My daughter told me I should plan some mock trips to a couple of the oversea resorts lol

That will be a great trip!!! I'm so glad we finally stayed there. I really wish I could plan another trip but don't know when we will be able to afford to go again. May be at least a couple years. My daughter told me I should plan some mock trips to a couple of the oversea resorts lol
Welcome back! Hope your back did well on this trip.
We stayed in the Poly in the early 90’s every couple of years. We really loved the vibe there. Then the price skyrocketed and we stayed at the WL because it was still a deluxe, but we could afford it. Of course, we fell in love with it too! I’m hoping there’s another Poly trip in our future, but we would have to seriously dip into our retirement savings! (already doing a bit of that for our 2BR at VWL)
Anyhow, I keep from being depressed after a trip by planning another one, even if it’s in a far away hypothetical future. Hanging out here helps, too. :)

Just want to say that it’s 1 week and 1 day till we’re back at the VWL… I cannot wait to be “home” again.

We did the Copper Creek Cabin over Thanksgiving last year (big trip with all my in laws), so this is the first time we’ll be back at VWL since the refurb (our last stay in VWL was 2022). I’m so excited. It’s like Christmas. Life has been so stressful lately that I really need this trip and am sooooo looking forward to it. :-)

We were at WDW Jan 27 - Feb 3. We stayed at SSR and BCV during our stay, but we ate a breakfast at Whispering Canyon, and we had the dinner at Artist Point with Snow White. Both dining experiences were excellent! At Whispering Canyon our server was very conversational, I am sorry I forgot her name.

The Artist Point experience was lots of fun. One of the appetizers, the mushroom soup did remind me of what they had before AP went with the characters! Also, know that you can get seconds on the appetizers! I thought four shrimp for four people was definitely not enough! We four each had the prime rib, one end cut, one well, and two medium rare, and they all were prepared to our tastes. Lots of character interaction!

Heres our group. My friend Beverly and I met in Kindergarten, in 1952. I really enjoyed going to the Lodge for these meals.

IMG_2965.jpeg

Our next trip is in March, and we’ll be at AK Kidani.

While we were there last month, we had refillable mugs that we used for coffee in the morning and hot chocolate at night. We always filled them at Roaring Fork. On our last night, we noticed drink machines at Geyser Point. Are we allowed to use those as well?

While we were there last month, we had refillable mugs that we used for coffee in the morning and hot chocolate at night. We always filled them at Roaring Fork. On our last night, we noticed drink machines at Geyser Point. Are we allowed to use those as well?
Yes! You can use both, as well as the drink machines in any Disney resort. Not parks or waterparks, but all Disney owned resorts.

Good to know, thanks! My husband wanted to go try it but I told him not to because I wasn't sure and I didn't want to get in trouble. 😁 In the end, it didn't matter because when we walked back by they were cleaning or servicing them or something anyway.

Yes. You can actually refill your mugs at any refill station at any resort. Not in the parks though.

Hi folks! I’m looking for recommendations for vegetarian food at WL. The standout dishes I hear about at the Lodge often have meat (bison burger, I’m looking at you!).

My first stay is this November with family. One of my kids is vegetarian for health reasons and I’d love to get excited about dishes we can share. Thanks!

I just came back two weeks ago from a glorious stay in a 2-bdrm at Boulder Ridge. The weather was crisp and sunny, and our room was very quiet. We were in 4508, facing the busses (but they were never a problem), and the beautiful everygreens.

My sister and I always split the tuna fish sandwich at Roaring Fork and it still does not disappoint. We ate at Whispering Canyon for dinner (entrees...no all-you-can-eat platters; steak, and salmon)...delicious. We also ate at Flying Fish, Citricos and Jiko, and The Plaza in MK and Chefs de France in Epcot.

It was such a relaxing vacation. We walked around at our own pace, and just enjoyed the atmosphere. There was no rush to get on attractions either. No agenda or plans (other than table service reservations). Exactly what a vacation should be!

I cannot wait to go back.

I just came back two weeks ago from a glorious stay in a 2-bdrm at Boulder Ridge. The weather was crisp and sunny, and our room was very quiet. We were in 4508, facing the busses (but they were never a problem), and the beautiful everygreens.

My sister and I always split the tuna fish sandwich at Roaring Fork and it still does not disappoint. We ate at Whispering Canyon for dinner (entrees...no all-you-can-eat platters; steak, and salmon)...delicious. We also ate at Flying Fish, Citricos and Jiko, and The Plaza in MK and Chefs de France in Epcot.

It was such a relaxing vacation. We walked around at our own pace, and just enjoyed the atmosphere. There was no rush to get on attractions either. No agenda or plans (other than table service reservations). Exactly what a vacation should be!

I cannot wait to go back.
Sounds like a wonderful trip. Love BRV ….and the two-bedroom units are especially nice!

Hi folks! I’m looking for recommendations for vegetarian food at WL. The standout dishes I hear about at the Lodge often have meat (bison burger, I’m looking at you!).

My first stay is this November with family. One of my kids is vegetarian for health reasons and I’d love to get excited about dishes we can share. Thanks!
This isn't really an answer to your question, but being somewhat of a vegetarian myself, I always look at the menus on MDE to help me figure out what I might order. It's a place to start anyhow.

Can anyone weigh in on Copper Creek? I am going in 2 weeks and I have never stayed there.

Can anyone weigh in on Copper Creek? I am going in 2 weeks and I have never stayed there.
I have stayed at CC once for one night
Most stays have been at VWL
CC is a wing off the main lobby of WL and shares all the same amenities that WL and VWL guests share
CC is a great addition with a mission style architecture in the rooms
The resort as a whole is a beautiful place, IMO, the best on property

Things I love about WL and DVC properties it entails as a whole:
The majestic nature of it all, when you walk into the main lobby, it still gives me the wow factor, the history of native Americans it shares, Walt’s love of trains in the carolewood pacific room(lots of folks miss this one, be sure to check it out, it has a couple of train cars from his home in CA, the lanterns flicker at night while the crickets chirp, the grounds are inviting to wildlife so you may see deer, rabbits and an armadillo if you really have a keen eye. 2 great lounges, Geyser Point especiallly offers some good food as well
And territory lounge has some good late night eats
Roaring Fork is a good quick service and whispering canyon cafe can be a real hoot to eat at though the food is ok
Be sure to take a few mins from park time to fit in wonders of the lodge tour
Very informative
Great pools, and hearing the boat horns to whisk you away to magical lands in the AM is a great wake up call

Can you tell I love this place
I hope this helps

Jimmy thinking of you and your dad - I am sorry to hear about the loss of your second aunt hope your dad is doing as well as can be expected. ❤️

@DeeCee735 I believe Jimmy summed it up pretty well! Like him, we have stayed at CC for one night, with the remainder of our stays either at the WL, and mostly at VWL. I personally loved the CC rooms, we had a great view and I enjoyed staying in the hotel again. I just don’t think you can go wrong anywhere at WL! Enjoy your stay!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter