Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I'm going to the Swan in May, where I have stayed many times. I know the buses are now Mears. Can you tell me where they drop you off at each park, and most important, do they run early enough to get to the par
I just happened to notice the transportation section of the Swan and Dolphin app lists the pick up drop off areas for the busses.

When would January 2022 reservations be available? Does anyone know much about the new Swan Reserve opening this summer? Any ideas on when it may be bookable, or when there will be more details about rooms and occupancy if it does open in July? They seem to have more suites, so I'm hoping it'll be a good option for bigger families if they can accommodate 5 people.

When would January 2022 reservations be available? Does anyone know much about the new Swan Reserve opening this summer? Any ideas on when it may be bookable, or when there will be more details about rooms and occupancy if it does open in July? They seem to have more suites, so I'm hoping it'll be a good option for bigger families if they can accommodate 5 people.
Though it shows on Marriott’s website as opening July 2021, it is not currently available for booking through Marriott, with no info as to when it will be. I don't see any U.S. OTAs offering it yet for booking, either. It is classified as a reward category 6, the same as the Swan and Dolphin, and it is being promoted as being a good choice for larger families and business groups; out of 349 guest rooms and suites, 149 are designed for occupancy of at least six.

Surprisingly enough, a travel site in the UK shows the Swan Reserve as bookable for arrivals starting in July 2021, but not any sooner. Searching for 2 adults and 3 children places you in a Family Suite. With the help of a currency converter, you should be able to get a rough idea about rates in $$$.

The UK site will not yet accept any 2022 bookings. Marriott normally accepts reservations up to 50 weeks in advance.

https://www.kenwoodtravel.co.uk/flo...a-vista/walt-disney-world-swan-reserve-hotel/

Last edited:
Though it shows on Marriott’s website as opening July 2021, it is not currently available for booking through Marriott, with no info as to when it will be. I don't see any U.S. OTAs offering it yet for booking, either. It is classified as a reward category 6, the same as the Swan and Dolphin, and it is being promoted as being a good choice for larger families and business groups; out of 349 guest rooms and suites, 149 are designed for occupancy of at least six.

Surprisingly enough, a travel site in the UK shows the Swan Reserve as bookable for arrivals starting in July 2021, but not any sooner. Searching for 2 adults and 3 children places you in a Family Suite. With the help of a currency converter, you should be able to get a rough idea about rates in $$$.

The UK site will not yet accept any 2022 bookings. Marriott normally accepts reservations up to 50 weeks in advance.

https://www.kenwoodtravel.co.uk/flo...a-vista/walt-disney-world-swan-reserve-hotel/

Thanks for sharing that website! I’ll have to keep watch on when they start bookings for it!

Hello

I'm planning on staying at the Swolphin for our trip in Sept, normally I would skrimp and stay at the cheapest decent spot but I was lured in with the prospect of walking to the parks and and very comfortable bed plus we're splurging for our honeymoon.

How do you all normally book it? For the most economical option I was thinking booking the first room (ours) directly from their website with some sort of decent discount (AP maybe ~210 before taxes and rf) and then using their 'stay connected' offer to get the second room (for our family ~150 before taxes and rf) at a deep discount.

Just curious if you all have any tips or tricks. It'll be my husband and I plus both our Mom's and I do need two rooms (honeymoon...) unless there's like a 2 bedroom suite that's affordable (~ the same price as two rooms separately).

Hello

I'm planning on staying at the Swolphin for our trip in Sept, normally I would skrimp and stay at the cheapest decent spot but I was lured in with the prospect of walking to the parks and and very comfortable bed plus we're splurging for our honeymoon.

How do you all normally book it? For the most economical option I was thinking booking the first room (ours) directly from their website with some sort of decent discount (AP maybe ~210 before taxes and rf) and then using their 'stay connected' offer to get the second room (for our family ~150 before taxes and rf) at a deep discount.

Just curious if you all have any tips or tricks. It'll be my husband and I plus both our Mom's and I do need two rooms (honeymoon...) unless there's like a 2 bedroom suite that's affordable (~ the same price as two rooms separately).
With your circumstances, I would definitely call the Swan’s in-house reservations. They are available during normal business hours. They will be able to find you the best offers, make recommendations, and maybe even give you a little pixie dust for your honeymoon. The direct phone is:
888-828-8850. If you call when they are closed, your call will automatically be forwarded to the Marriott call center, which you do not want.

A few of my personal recommendations would be a deluxe room, which will have a balcony to sit out on. A nice view - maybe facing toward the Boardwalk/EPCOT is another suggestion. If the fireworks are back, that would give you somewhat of a fireworks view. A higher floor will give you a better view, clearing the trees. However, if COVID precautions are still in place, a lower floor will make taking the stairs an option to the elevators.

Congrats on your marriage.

Swan is 50% smaller than the Dolphin. Basic room has 2 Queen beds and 2 sink areas vs 2 Double beds at the Dolphin with a single sink area.

Worst case they are about 100 yards apart via a covered walk-way.

ETA: change measurement from feet to yards to correct typo.

Dave

Last edited:
I just thought I would report that today I found a drop in room rates at the Dolphin for early November. On Dec. 15, we booked 7 nights (11/5 - 11/12) with the senior discount and the rate was approximately $303/night plus fees and taxes. Today I went online to modify the reservation to add 1 more night (11/4) and the rate came back as $260/night. The total cost (all fees and taxes included) for the 8 night reservation ends up being only $20 more than the total cost of the prior 7 night reservation! I don't know if I just got lucky or what happened, but I'm happy!

Does the Fountain offer a to-go counter or window? Or do you have to sit down and eat in to get ice cream?

Does any one know if the new Mears buses to MK/AK/DS have capabilities of holding scooters? Both me and my husband will have one for an upcoming trip and were wondering.Thanks you.

I am planning on staying at the Swan in May and am a WDW newbie and have so much! to learn. I just posted a question about suspended Swan bus service on another thread and then I came across this helpful forum.

I am now confusing myself about transportation options and getting around the park and the concerns with using WDW transportation as the Swan is not an official WDW hotel. I found the below info on the WDW site and am hoping someone can help me understand what I am missing about the transportation issues mentioned above:

I’m not staying at a Disney Resort hotel. Can I use the monorails, buses and boats to get around Walt Disney World Resort?

A.
Yes. All Guests have complimentary access to our network of monorails, buses and boats. If you would like to visit multiple parks, enjoy a nice dinner at one of the Disney Resort hotels or shop at Disney Springs, you can leave your car parked in the theme park lot and use our transportation network.

Thank you

I am planning on staying at the Swan in May and am a WDW newbie and have so much! to learn. I just posted a question about suspended Swan bus service on another thread and then I came across this helpful forum.

I am now confusing myself about transportation options and getting around the park and the concerns with using WDW transportation as the Swan is not an official WDW hotel. I found the below info on the WDW site and am hoping someone can help me understand what I am missing about the transportation issues mentioned above:

I’m not staying at a Disney Resort hotel. Can I use the monorails, buses and boats to get around Walt Disney World Resort?

A.
Yes. All Guests have complimentary access to our network of monorails, buses and boats. If you would like to visit multiple parks, enjoy a nice dinner at one of the Disney Resort hotels or shop at Disney Springs, you can leave your car parked in the theme park lot and use our transportation network.

Thank you
The complimentary bus, monorail, boat, and Skyliner within WDW are available for all to use. The buses to/from the Swan and the parks/Disney Springs are no longer the official Disney motor coaches; they are buses operated by Mears, which is the company that operates Magical Express (the currently complimentary transfer service to/from MCO that Disney provides to its resort guests). The Magical Express is not offered to Swan and Dolphin guests, as those two resorts are not owned by Disney.

The drop off and pick up locations in the parks and Disney Springs for the Mears buses are different spots, than when the official Disney buses, up until recently, used to serve the Swan and Dolphin; the walk is a bit farther with Mears. Also, the Mears buses to/from the Magic Kingdom will not drop off/pick up at the park, but will require a transfer at the TTC. To avoid a transfer, some Swan guests are taking a short walk to/from the neighboring Boardwalk or Yacht Club to use the official Disney buses. There currently is no rule against this.

The Swan and Dolphin are beautiful resorts and are a very short walk to both EPCOT and Hollywood Studios. You can also hop on the Friendship ferry boats, for a relaxing ride to/from those two parks. The Friendship boat dock is located out the back doors of the Swan and Dolphin.

Feel free to post any other questions. There are some very helpful and knowledgeable folks, here, who will be glad to help out.

Does any one know if the new Mears buses to MK/AK/DS have capabilities of holding scooters? Both me and my husband will have one for an upcoming trip and were wondering.Thanks you.
I would assume that the buses are either accessible or they have one of the Mears accessible vans available. But to be sure and so you understand I'd give them a ring directly; 407.934.4000 as we haven't heard much about that aspect of the busing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter