What is the length of your longest vacation?

As an adult, 2 weeks. When I was a child/ teen we would go got Spain to see family and would go there 4-6 weeks during the Summer.

Three weeks with three kids in a four bedroom pool home in Orlando 2002.

Now we are empty nesters and finally retired. Just back from 18 day trip to Utah/Colorado. Since I share responsibility for my elderly mom, we mostly limit our trips to 8-10 days. I miss my mom and our doggie too much when gone longer than that.

Two weeks, maybe a couple days over. As a kid to CA and Disney World (separate trips).

I only get two weeks of vacation total a year now, so I can't even do that anymore. It's usually one week in the spring and one in the fall.

3 weeks in Italy. I couldn’t wait to get home to an American sized bathroom and air conditioning. I liked everything else.

Three weeks is the longest. Our usual is a week if we stay in the continental US. I would prefer 10 days as the norm.

We usually can only pull off 5 days, maybe 6. Twice we were able to do 8 days at WDW and it was awesome! 2 weeks is a dream.

It's cheaper and easier doing the longer WDW trip but our schedules don't allow it. So we end up taking 5 day trips more frequently and it costs much more between extra tickets and airfare. One of these years I'll take another 8 day trip.

2 month trip to Asia earlier this year was my longest. Went to Hong Kong, Philippines, China, and Japan. Last year, I did a 7 week trip to Asia which included a bunch of other countries. Would love to do a few months in Europe but 4-5 weeks is my limit there for budget reasons.

2 weeks. Did it twice for cruises. One was Mediterranean, other was Northern Europe.
Same here except our original plan for our 7-day Med cruise was 11 days abroad, which stretched involuntarily into 2 weeks because we lost our Passports and it took a few days to sort it out. :o Our next long one is a 12-day British Isles cruise in May and we'll be holding onto our papers for dear life!
We usually can only pull off 5 days, maybe 6. Twice we were able to do 8 days at WDW and it was awesome! 2 weeks is a dream.

It's cheaper and easier doing the longer WDW trip but our schedules don't allow it. So we end up taking 5 day trips more frequently and it costs much more between extra tickets and airfare. One of these years I'll take another 8 day trip.
There are definitely economies of scale to be achieved with longer trips, but I'd rather go on short trips than none at all. Lots of our vacations over the years have been limited due to time and finances. Our one and only trip to Hawaii was for only 4 nights and although we took a lot of flak for it, we didn't care. It was a wonderful trip and I wouldn't have missed it for the world. :beach:

Since I share responsibility for my elderly mom, we mostly limit our trips to 8-10 days. I miss my mom and our doggie too much when gone longer than that.
We have a cat. I love to vacation but I do also miss the cat when we go away. He's also why I keep in mind how long I'm gone. The longest so far has been 11 days and boy does he let us know when we get back how he feels about that lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter