• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

What is your Date & Rate in 2005?

We really wanted a quick getaway and got the RPR for 159 on 1/16 with AAA. However, they were all sold out on 1/15 so I kept calling and calling finally there was a cancellation for some type of suite which they were asking about 415 for. with the AAA it turned out to be 315, I think. What kind of suite is this? I can't remember if they said King suite or Presidential suite.

Anyone else book a room over MLK holiday?

Just booked HRH 7/4 - 7/7 AAA Club 336.60. It had been 374 until yesterday. Can't wait!! :flower1:

RPR feb.3-8 APH rate std. 2 queen beds: $119/weekday $149/weekend days

I thought this was pretty good for a Mardis Gras weekend!

The water view is also available for this price - but I couldn't get all the nights for water view so I just took all nights at the std. view so that we don't have to switch rooms.

2/13 - 2/16 Hard Rock: AAA rate $234, APH $139!!! We switched our reservation to the APH, Annual Pass Holder rate for the HUGE savings, were also upgraded to a 'pool view' room. The reservationist also mentioned the availability of an even better rate if we could stay 5 nights, but we declined since we have reservations at Disney All Star Movies for 6 nights (2/16-2/22).
Even though I already bought our Bonus 5 Day Passes, Universal indicates that I can trade one in at the park gates towards the annual pass rate of $199.

Keishashadow: Thanks for posting your rate! Looks like the APH rate makes a difference in February for me too. I haven't purchased park tickets yet, but when I checked the rates it looks like there are two: Annual Power Pass and Preferred Annual Pass,one is $119 and one $179. But you mention $199 so I'm confused, could you let me know which pass is which? Thanks so much.

Thanks to Keishashadow I just called and changed my reservation. Had HRH Club level 2/5-2/8 for 255.20+11%tax/night AAA rate, NOW have 223.30+11%tax/night APH rate!!! It was a savings of $95.70 over three nights. Of course, we will buy one annual pass now which is 191.65 instead of 127.27 for a bonus pass so that brings our $95.70 savings down to $31.32--enough to cover some drinks around the pool :).

FYI, The reservation person I spoke to said lots of fabulous APH rates are coming out right now for 2005. Only one person staying in the room needs to have a preferred annual pass, and, I found it's better to make it one of our kids since the annual pass doesn't cover CityWalk clubs at night. The bonus passes do cover CityWalk. The annual pass needs to be activated before check-in, so, when we arrive we will go directly to the park to have picture taken/activate the one annual pass and THEN we can run back and check in. You do NOT need your annual pass card number to make a reservation with the APH rate.

Still no word on who will be performing FEb 5 for first night of MardiGras.

RPR: standard rm, 07/19 thru 07/23, Fan club rate of 234.00 per nt. Includes 2 adult length of stay passes (usually 112.00 each) which brings it down to 178.00 per nt.

Turns out my rate is not exclusively a Fan Club rate but a current "Stay for 4, play for free" promo available at the 800 BE A STAR reservations number.

HRH 18th Oct - 1st Nov (14 nights). Booked with Virgin holidays in the UK (obviously had to book a package but got a 15% discount with them and good ratesd on our flight upgrades). The rate equals $219.99 with tax included (makes my rate $198 before tax). It also includes two length of stay passes for the parks. I'm pretty happy with that, it's our honeymoon sorted so wanted to book early :)

RPR, July 6-8 (2 nights), Standard Room, $210 per night using AAA rate.

Dad of 3 said:
HRH March 16 to March 18 @ rack rate $264 for garden view room. Upgraded to deluxe room thru Lowes Gold card.
Would love :love: to get a Ent or Fan club discount on any room at UO in this period, but not expecting any.

Dad of 3.

I had the rack rate of $264 from 3/24 to 3/27. I called Universal reservations and told them that orangevacations.com had a rate of $217 during the same period and could they change my reservation to reflect the lower rate? They did it!

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

$284 HRH Club level 2/19 - 2/25. I hope this is a good rate. I think some people have gotten lower. I better start doing some research.

I had rack rate of $234 for RPR for 4/7-10. OrangeVacations.com had same for $187. Called Loews and they changed my rate to $187. Saved me $147. Still too high, but we want to try FOTL one time.

disneycrazzzy said:
I had rack rate of $234 for RPR for 4/7-10. OrangeVacations.com had same for $187. Called Loews and they changed my rate to $187. Saved me $147. Still too high, but we want to try FOTL one time.

I just checked OrangeVacations.com and couldn't find any Universal resort on it. Maybe its because I'm not going till November 2005?

That's a great rate.

Booked in RPR standard room Nov 28-Dec 3/05 for $199 + taxes with Stay for 4 and Play for 4.

First time On Site!! :charac4:
10/15 - 10/-18 RPR Standard 179.20 AAA through 1-800-Be A Star.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter