What is your Date & Rate in 2005?

beattyfamily said:
Thank you. That did work except I think you have to book more than one night (package) to get anything to show up AND I don't think my night is available even if I were to stay 2 nights because it's Thanksgiving weekend. I could get a couple days before that but not my night.

Oh well, it was worth a try anyway.

I found the same thing. It won't do only one night. :guilty:

I tried orangevacations too. They gave me a great estimate on line, but when I called to get a confirmed price the price sky rocketed because they said I would have to book 2 rooms for our party of 5. When I told them I had spoken with a reservationist at HRH & that the reservationist had confirmed that we could have 5 people (3 adults, 2 children) in a room, the orlandovacations agent said that all the rooms they (orlandovacations) had to offer had a limit of 4 per room. I guess if you have 4 people in your party you might be able to get a good deal, but if you have 5, it will actually end up costing you more if you book through orangevacations.

murrayhaven said:
Daywalker - how did you get free parking?

I booked with Virgin Holidays in the UK. They have the RPR listed as a 'flagship' hotel and they offer extras to anyone who stays in this hotel.
Extras here are: -

Free self parking
Free use of fitness Centre
Free Same day Daily Mail Newspaper (Just for us brits who need our home fix)
Plus a couple of other little things.

My rate is only good as I was able to up a special 15% discount they offered on XMAS day along with a further early booking discount.

It's not very often I would book the whole holiday/vacation as a package but this was very good value.

RPR 4/25/05 - 5/1/05

I started out with a rate of $234. Then when the AAA rates came out I adjusted the rate to $210. Then they came out with the stay 5 nights and save more rate and I had a rate of $198. I was really happy to get my rate under $200. Then I checked orange vacations after reading about it on this board and I found a rate of $187/night. I called 1-800-BEASTAR and they price matched that rate. YAHOO!!! :cheer2:

It's almost like a game to see how much lower I can get the rate before we arrive.

Deanne (mom to 3 black belts)

will be staying for 4 nights, july 4 thru 8th , paying 210.06 per night before taxes and parking. we have not been back for two years. the last time was our best family vacation ever !! yes royal pacific rates are higher but it is worth it. just have to save more money.

...called for room availability at RPR and HRH for mid March. All agents said the same thing: "we no longer match prices from orangevacations.com"

I called mutiple times and many different numbers (even the hotels directly) - they all said the same thing. :guilty:

Hard Rock Hotel, garden view - March 12, 13, 14

Approximately $ 237 per night, before taxes, with FAN Club discount.

Booked thru univacations.com.

I called today and the person I talked to said that there might be some discounts for the summer the end of Feb. Who knows if that is true or not.

We are at PBH July 14th-17th(3 nights) in garden view room w/2 queen size beds - bed and breakfast plan w/APH discount = $284.00/night - OUCH! - But its a vacation and FOTL to us is worth it espcially in the HOT FLORIDA SUMMER SUN!

Sue

RPH March 29 & 30...$264...blackout dates...ouch !! :eek:

I checked the rates out yesterday and they're up to $274!!! :scared1:

I just put in my date for June and it would seem that there are some annual pass rates now, but it's less than $30 off so $237 instead of $264. I'm not familiar enough with the other room rates to know if the other rates for HRH are any good. It's not worth it to buy an annual pass for this rate.

yasuern said:
We are at PBH July 14th-17th(3 nights) in garden view room w/2 queen size beds - bed and breakfast plan w/APH discount = $284.00/night - OUCH! - But its a vacation and FOTL to us is worth it espcially in the HOT FLORIDA SUMMER SUN!

Sue

Update - Just got the same room and hotel except used AAA discount for $255.60/night - still alot but better than before - I got this rate by calling not on line.

Sue

EMT-319 said:
...called for room availability at RPR and HRH for mid March. All agents said the same thing: "we no longer match prices from orangevacations.com"

I called mutiple times and many different numbers (even the hotels directly) - they all said the same thing. :guilty:

I tried the same thing on 2/1/05 and got the same answer. when i asked as to WHY they wouldnt honnor orangevacations.com no one seemed to be able to give me an answer. I really wondered why they wouldnt price match this website. At this point my curiosity was getting the best of me and I called everybody I could think of for an answer, I even called the HRH guest service manager Marck Schroder (sp?) and got the royal runaround about how the HRH doesnt do "price matching", there was no such program, blah, blah, something about hotel brokers trying not to lose too much money or just hoping to make up the difference with airfair, blah, etc. He offered to find the "best price" for me and said he would see what he could do and came up with the stay and play free rack rate (which I had already booked :rolleyes: how nice, eh?) I even told him that both my husband and I were [prefered] annual pass holders and didnt need the tickets. Mr.Schroder didnt voluntier the APH rate, I had to tell him that it was 314.10 for a club king. ( the orangevacations.com rate was 310, so it wasnt about the money..... i just wanted an explaination! ) Alas, I still dont have an answer as to WHY. However, I just thought I would share this little story.

P.S. If someone can give me an answer I would really appriciate it :love2:

Seabiscuit - was that an AP rate? That's a good rate compared to what I'm seeing for October.

I'd tell you but then i would have to...... (just kidding) . No it was a (CD Rate). I am a AP holder and was trying to use it before pulling a few strings. But i got desperate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter