What is your Date & Rate in 2005?

disneywithkids said:
RPR feb.3-8 APH rate std. 2 queen beds: $119/weekday $149/weekend days

That would make it almost worthwhile to get an AP for me. We'll be there that weekend at the AAA rate of $159, and two extra week days. So, the AP would save me $100, but I already bought a ticket. Oh well, guess we'll stick with AAA.

momof2inPA said:
That would make it almost worthwhile to get an AP for me. We'll be there that weekend at the AAA rate of $159, and two extra week days. So, the AP would save me $100, but I already bought a ticket. Oh well, guess we'll stick with AAA.
I am fairly certain that you can "trade" your ticket in...upgrade it to an AP by paying the difference.

Called today for rates for 10/7 - 10 (columbus day weekend) - TM said "I see you're a Gold Club member" ! I told her that I hadn't received any notice or card, so she gave me the 800# to call. Then she offered me gv AAA rate of 227.20 with guaranteed upgrade to deluxe and second gv room at same rate (without the guaranteed upgrade). No Fan, APH or Ent rates - decided to try PBH this trip to check it out and because the rooms are larger (in case I end up with an extra person or 2, plenty of room for a cot for the kids and we won't have to share beds!) :smooth: Called the 800# and confirmed Gold status and she said I should receive my card in 4- 6 weeks - I'm also in the system as Gold for trip in 2 weeks - anyone know if I might be able to upgrade my kid's suite to club level, or is that only for Platinum?

PS: RPR didn't even have AAA rates available for that weekend (let alone any others)- rates were higher than PBH and HRH - what's up with that? conventions?

d4est said:
I am fairly certain that you can "trade" your ticket in...upgrade it to an AP by paying the difference.

Do you think I could upgrade the tickets if I bought two on the "AAA buy one two day, get a third day and an extra three day ticket free" deal, and the other two I bought through the "buy an adult five day and get a child five day free?"

Which ticket would I use?

momof2inPA - If you know you will be doing future trips, I would consider holding onto those free ticket deals tickets - the AAA tickets were such a great offer - we got them for our trip last aug. - basically came to less than $55.- ea for a 3 day ticket with no expiration date ! Don't know when (or if) we'll see prices like that again - although it would be nice! :smooth:

I would hold onto them, but I think this will be our last trip for awhile. I'll probably just stick with the rates and tickets we have and stop worrying. Thanks for all the good ideas, though.

I am staying at HRH standard room 4/23 for $264 :sad: :sad:. The have NO standard rooms at RPH (even at rack rate) and no AAA rates at HRH. I am really hoping better rates come out.

c&ldisneylovers said:
I am staying at HRH standard room 4/23 for $264 :sad: :sad:. The have NO standard rooms at RPH (even at rack rate) and no AAA rates at HRH. I am really hoping better rates come out.

I feel your pain!! That's my rate too for June.

c&ldisneylovers said:

This is why we opted to change from HRH to staying offsite and going to WDW. The rates for 3/30 to 4/2 were $294/night with no discounted rates...

daywalker said:
HRH 18th Oct - 1st Nov (14 nights). Booked with Virgin holidays in the UK (obviously had to book a package but got a 15% discount with them and good ratesd on our flight upgrades). The rate equals $219.99 with tax included (makes my rate $198 before tax). It also includes two length of stay passes for the parks. I'm pretty happy with that, it's our honeymoon sorted so wanted to book early :)

Change of plan!

Now @ the RPR.
18th Oct - 1st Nov
$180 per night including tax. Rate also includes FREE parking + FREE use of the gym :) worth $266 to us as we use the gym whilst there. No length of stay passes though, it's better for is to buy X2 AP's one preferred and one power.
Effectively we're paying $145 + tax per night for the room if you take in to account our benefits.

We have 8/12 - 8/21 at HRH at rack rate of $264. I'm hoping AP rates come out soon as we're currently considering renting a villa for 7 nights and just staying for 2 at HRH instead of the 9 originally planned.

I must really encourage everyone to check their dates and rates on orangevacations.com. I had a nightly rate of $264 for a standard, queen room at RPR arriving 3/21/05 for two nights. The same room was $206 on orangevacations.com. I then called RPR and they matched that rate. The reservation clerk put me on hold so she could verify what I was telling her. She said something like, "Please hold while I see if I can get that rate to come up on my computer." And when she came back on, she confirmed my dates with the new price. I still check daily for better prices but no luck. Resort reservationists don't give much hope for any AP discounts as this is springbreak. Also nothing better with AAA, Entertainment, FAN.

murrayhaven said:
I must really encourage everyone to check their dates and rates on orangevacations.com. I had a nightly rate of $264 for a standard, queen room at RPR arriving 3/21/05 for two nights. The same room was $206 on orangevacations.com. I then called RPR and they matched that rate. The reservation clerk put me on hold so she could verify what I was telling her. She said something like, "Please hold while I see if I can get that rate to come up on my computer." And when she came back on, she confirmed my dates with the new price. I still check daily for better prices but no luck. Resort reservationists don't give much hope for any AP discounts as this is springbreak. Also nothing better with AAA, Entertainment, FAN.

I tried but I couldn't get any of the Universal Resorts to appear so either I'm doing something wrong or maybe it's that I'm not going until November 25 and it's just too soon to book it??

Anyone else able to book at orangevacations.com in November?

beattyfamily - I was able to bring up November. Go to orangevacations.com, scroll down to lower right and click on Universal studio resorts under vacation packages.

murrayhaven said:

No matter what dates I put in, I get nothing :(
what am I doing wrong?

murrayhaven said:
beattyfamily - I was able to bring up November. Go to orangevacations.com, scroll down to lower right and click on Universal studio resorts under vacation packages.

Thank you. That did work except I think you have to book more than one night (package) to get anything to show up AND I don't think my night is available even if I were to stay 2 nights because it's Thanksgiving weekend. I could get a couple days before that but not my night.

Oh well, it was worth a try anyway.

It won't let me do only one night on orangevacations. I finally had some dates work, but it's $249 and rack rate is $264. We are only booking for one night and I can't get any one night to work during our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter