What jelly do you use for peanut butter and jelly?

I prefer apple jelly but was told at our club that apple doesn’t come in the variety packs they buy because it’s the least favorite flavored jelly. I love orange marmalade but not on a PB&J. I think for me it’s because as a child we ate apples with peanut butter. I don’t eat much jelly so I only buy strawberry for my DGS. My kids ate grape when they were young. PB&H is amazing!

I can't stand grape jelly, strawberry Simply Fruit spread for us.

Edited to add, I actually usually eat Nutella with my pb instead of jelly.

Last edited:
I don't know how you people can ruin a perfectly good peanut butter sandwich by putting squished fruits on top of it. Blech.... PB only for me. I love fruits, but not on top of peanut butter.

That was my daughter. My oldest like peanut butter and jelly (technically, strawberry jam). My daughter was peanut butter only and dislikes jams/jellies in anything other than Jam-Filled Crumb Bars at Christmas (well, she'd probably like them at any time of the year, but we make them for Christmas time). My youngest did not like peanut butter at all growing up, but he says that it's so easy to make/transport that he eats PB&J now that he's in college. (I did not ask him what the J is.)

I hate both grape and strawberry, wouldn't eat a sandwich with either if I can help it. Love all other kinds of jams that I have tried though. Trying new jams is something I really enjoy but it takes me a while to get through a container, so I don't get to try anything new that often.

Strawberry, grape, raspberry. Jelly is pretty darn tasty, though I don’t eat it as often as in the past. I found a yummy jam at a farm stand called “B.E.A.R Jam”. BlackBerry, Elderberry, apple and raspberry. I’m pretty obsessed with it right now. We drove two hours back there and I bought the last two available jars. Barton Orchards in case anyone is in the neighborhood.

We'll eat just about any kind of jelly or jam w/ peanut butter, but I most frequently buy strawberry.

I like apple the least.

Growing up, we always had either apple or grape jelly. My mother would make us peanut butter & apple or grape jelly sandwiches to take to school because those flavors were the cheapest.

So, now, many years later, I never, ever buy apple jelly. LOL! I actually don't think I've ever bought apple jelly. And, now that I'm thinking about it, I hardly ever buy grape either.

Again, I primarily buy strawberry jelly, unless something else like raspberry or cherry strikes my fancy. I don't like tons of opened jars of the same thing in the fridge, so we usually just have a jar of strawberry jelly & jar of orange marmalade.

I will buy apple butter in the fall, however. And apple butter & peanut butter sandwich is really good!

I don’t buy apple 🍎 jelly but I always use it first when eating breakfast toast at a restaurant. Maybe because we have strawberry and grape at home.

I don't know how you people can ruin a perfectly good peanut butter sandwich by putting squished fruits on top of it. Blech.... PB only for me. I love fruits, but not on top of peanut butter.

awww, man...you beat me to it. I was going to post the exact same thing. Who in their right mind would ruin a perfectly good peanut butter sandwich by putting nasty, sticky, goopy jelly on it?!??!?!?!?!

awww, man...you beat me to it. I was going to post the exact same thing. Who in their right mind would ruin a perfectly good peanut butter sandwich by putting nasty, sticky, goopy jelly on it?!??!?!?!?!
I can only only plead - peanut butter & bread is awfully dry, and sticks to your palate. The jelly or jam puts a little moisture in there. And I like a little sweet with my salty.

Now, my husband eats peanut butter & butter sandwiches. I don't get that.....

If I am going to buy jelly it’s grape or apple.

But what I really want is homemade jelly made from wild plums(which are hard to find these days), muscadine or crab apples. Way back “in the day”, we would ride back roads and find wild trees and vines for these. It would take a great deal of driving and picking to get enough but made the best jelly.

If I am going to buy jelly it’s grape or apple.

But what I really want is homemade jelly made from wild plums(which are hard to find these days), muscadine or crab apples. Way back “in the day”, we would ride back roads and find wild trees and vines for these. It would take a great deal of driving and picking to get enough but made the best jelly.
We had 3 different wild plum trees in our yard when I was a kid. We had LOTS of plum jelly. We also made mint jelly from the wild mint growing in the yard.

We had 3 different wild plum trees in our yard when I was a kid. We had LOTS of plum jelly. We also made mint jelly from the wild mint growing in the yard.

My driveway used to lined on one side with wild plums. Not even sure what happened to them. There is still growth there but no plums

The best jelly is made from wild stuff.

Homemade strawberry or raspberry jam. I've purchased some jam for making sandwiches for sports teams and there is just no comparison to homemade.

Homemade strawberry jam. I make freezer jam every 6 months or so, so there’s always some in the freezer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter