• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What jelly do you use for peanut butter and jelly?

Grape or strawberry, although I didn’t like PB&J as a kid. I always had plain peanut butter sandwiches. And occasionally cream cheese and jelly.

My DD really liked raspberry jam with her peanut butter. One year she sat at the allergy table with a friend and I replaced her peanut butter with cream cheese.

My mom made a lot of homemade jellies and jam. What we had the most was raspberry and some strawberry, occasionally cherry. So our peanut butter and jelly sandwiches were with raspberry.

Strawberry or Raspberry preserves or jam. Haven't had jelly since I was a child.

Grape or strawberry, although I didn’t like PB&J as a kid. I always had plain peanut butter sandwiches. And occasionally cream cheese and jelly.
We occasionally did cream cheese and jam but the Kraft Cream Cheese with Pineapple spread was more likely.

I like all flavors but mostly the Bonne Maman brand. They sell the large jars of Bonne Maman Four Fruits at Costco so that's usually what we have, but if it goes on sale at Publix I'll pick up some apricot or blueberry or something different.

Once when my dad was visiting me he couldn't find the jam in my fridge so he made a pb&j with the mint jelly I keep to serve with lamb. I can't imagine that was very good but he ate it.

I like these too. But, I usually only have them when I'm at a hotel breakfast for a conference.

IMG_0702-1024x904.jpg

Strawberry jam is my first choice, but I like them with grape jelly, too.
The original post made me smile, having been in a similar situation. I was in high school before I knew that pizza came in more "flavors" than cheese or pepperoni. My parents never gave us any choice, so how was I to know? Same with hot fudge sundaes. My father used to bring them home for us: Vanilla ice cream, hot fudge, whipped cream, nuts, and a cherry. Who knew you could pick your ice cream flavor? (peppermint stick, please!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter