What's on your dinner menu this week?

BTW, does anyone else love meal planning and grocery shopping? I get up on Sunday morning, get out my cookbooks and favorite websites make meal plan and grocery list for the week.
I only do it so we don't starve. :rotfl: I'm not an enthusiastic grocery shopper most of the time...even though I go alone during a weekday and don't have a grocery budget. :confused3

That's why I started this thread to get some new ideas. :)

Easy week here
Sunday: baked ribs, roasted green beans and potatoes
Monday: leftover baked ribs with roasted brussel sprouts and apples
Tuesday: TJ orange chicken with veggie stir fry and cauliflower rice
Wednesday: cauliflower gnocchi and sausage with spinach soup with rolls and fruit
Thursday: homemade pizza and any leftover veggies
Friday: crab legs, bad for you mashed potatoes, veggies and cheesecake
Saturday and Sunday: at my in laws. Im bringing homemade chicken pot pie, a ham cheese quiche and cookies

BTW, does anyone else love meal planning and grocery shopping? I get up on Sunday morning, get out my cookbooks and favorite websites make meal plan and grocery list for the week.

Yes, it's an adult long habit that's served me well particularly now that I'm living with a 18 cubic ft fridge, LOL.
Still even when I had a gigonda sized fridge it was half filled with condiments as opposed to food so the song pretty much remains the same. Fortunately, my apt chest freezer still fits in this dwelling and it makes ingredient acquisitions easier.
The day the new market circulars come out online, I open browser tabs, chose what's a good price and variety and shopping commences.

Let's see:

last night we had chicken taco bowls
tonight we'll have chili (only because I forgot to set out my original planned meal to thaw)
Wednesday - chicken casserole from the freezer unless I forget again
Thursday - some kind of chicken, don't know what exactly
Friday - no idea
Saturday - still no idea.

Obviously, I need to work on my meal planning skills.

Disclosure - I am a low carb vegetarian, so I make 2 meals a night, typically. Mine is 99% of the time a salad with whatever veggies we have, stinky cheese, and lots of nuts and seeds. So – this list is for the 3 males I feed.

Last night – turkey sausage gravy over tater tots, with a fried egg on top. Roasted broccoli on the side (my riff on poutine, which my youngest is obsessed with)
Tonight – ground turkey tacos.

Wed – Spaghetti and meatballs. Roasted brussels. I will have edamame noodles with pesto.

Thurs – Ravioli bake with roasted brussels

Fri – payday! I told myself if I was down 5# I would get pizza for them, and a hoagie for me. My monthly cheat. If I am not down, I will have a salad and they can have fried egg sandwiches and a salad

Disclosure - I am a low carb vegetarian, so I make 2 meals a night, typically. Mine is 99% of the time a salad with whatever veggies we have, stinky cheese, and lots of nuts and seeds. So – this list is for the 3 males I feed.

Last night – turkey sausage gravy over tater tots, with a fried egg on top. Roasted broccoli on the side (my riff on poutine, which my youngest is obsessed with)
Tonight – ground turkey tacos.

Wed – Spaghetti and meatballs. Roasted brussels. I will have edamame noodles with pesto.

Thurs – Ravioli bake with roasted brussels

Fri – payday! I told myself if I was down 5# I would get pizza for them, and a hoagie for me. My monthly cheat. If I am not down, I will have a salad and they can have fried egg sandwiches and a salad
How about you get them the pizza and you the hoagie because it's Valentines Day and you love them ~ and yourself? :love: We all deserve a small treat once in a while and it sounds like they aren't eating pizza every night...or even every week. :)

Tonight is spaghetti with some meat sauce I had made and frozen in batches last month, and a side salad. Easy breezy sort of night before running kids to activities.

How about you get them the pizza and you the hoagie because it's Valentines Day and you love them ~ and yourself? :love: We all deserve a small treat once in a while and it sounds like they aren't eating pizza every night...or even every week. :)

I think you're right. A very dear friend of our passed away, unexpectedly, this past weekend, and we just found out her funeral is Friday. I'm not going to want to cook, and a hoagie and a beer sounds like a great way to toast her sweet, amazing, way too short life ❤️

Is anyone cooking a special meal at home for Valentine's?
VD's meal (shrimps w/ leeks and a cream curry sauce on a bed of riced cauliflower) was chosen to ensure it's not too heavy or overly spiced as otherwise nobody will be able to move Saturday morning, LOL. Making the pate a choux, forming, baking and freezing the profiteroles tomorrow so it's less work on Friday. I'll start the macerated berries Thursday night or Friday morning. Thinking about oysters on the half shell as the meal's starter since we love them and oh right simple as sin to put together. A green salad is expected and needed.

I think you're right. A very dear friend of our passed away, unexpectedly, this past weekend, and we just found out her funeral is Friday. I'm not going to want to cook, and a hoagie and a beer sounds like a great way to toast her sweet, amazing, way too short life ❤
I'm so sorry. :hug:

Week of Feb. 17 through the 23rd, 2020

Tomorrow, going to fill up the freezer with beef steaks, lamb chops, pork chops, and bacon since a local-ish market (Stew Leonard's, Yonkers) is having a nice sale. Some of the meat won't hit my menus until Memorial Day weekend but I like knowing food to be grilled is already here plus I invested the time and funds necessary to ensure there is no freezer burning:).

Monday- Leftovers from last week fridge clean-out: meatloaf, last night's chicken paprikash and a green salad.
Tuesday- Lemon sopressata chicken with broccoli slaw and egg noodles.
Wednesday- Lasagna Bolognese with escarole soup.
Thursday- A friend from the PW sent me a side of Chinook salmon last fall and it's time to eat the last of it (sniffle, sniffle). Haven't decided the sides yet but I'll slow roast it because it's so easy to do.
Friday- Going to pull a ziploc bag full of a French white bean soup out of the freezer and then add any leftover green salad to it.
Saturday/Sunday- Cassoulet. The prep already started today so I should be finished by Saturday or Sunday. It's a production worth the eating. Maybe I'll make a small Paris-Brest since I've been experimenting baking pate a choux in my convection toaster oven and my birthday is the following week.

My husband made butter chicken in the instant pot last night, so we will be living off that and spaghetti and meatballs from Saturday.

I have some Manwich on hand for later in the week when we are busy. Heading to NOLA for Mardi Gras Friday through Monday, so trying to keep grocery shopping to a minimum!

My husband made butter chicken in the instant pot last night, so we will be living off that and spaghetti and meatballs from Saturday.

I have some Manwich on hand for later in the week when we are busy. Heading to NOLA for Mardi Gras Friday through Monday, so trying to keep grocery shopping to a minimum!
We are leaving Wed early evening so I'm not doing any grocery shopping this week. Eating out of the pantry and freezer for tonight and tomorrow.

tonight is smothered chicken
tomorrow BBQ pork bowls
Wednesday Mexican chicken roll ups
Thursday sausage and kale soup

That's when my menu week ends. I go shopping on Thursdays and will be planning the next week on Wednesday

Sun.- leftovers
Mon.- patty melts, roasted potato wedges
Tues.- chickpea salad, arugula salad
Wed.- salmon, asparagus, brussel sprouts,, wild rice
Thurs.- crockpot beef (stew meat with Campbell’s French onion and golden mushroom soup) green beans, egg noodles
Fri.- tacos
Sat.- leftovers or out

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter