When Will the US Reach 100,000 COVID deaths?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What most do is look at all of the numbers that certain parts of the government and the fear mongering main stream media show them. It's a lot of work, but worth it to understand what is truth and not.

David Muir did a tribute to Covd victims that circulated around social media last week. It was very sad. But as I researched two of the (healthy) younger people featured, and it seems they did not die of coronavirus.

Tyler Amburgey (29 years) took sleeping pills that seem to caused his death. He was 29 years old and had five hip surgeries leading up to his death. So calling him a healthy young man was a stretch.

And Jamian Stephens (20 years old) death was actually retracted as a Covid death. Cause of death is unknown.

I think a lot of the stories on the news are really not researched.

Last edited:
I’ve wondered if different countries count COVID deaths differently. Not enough to research it in depth, but just wondered...
I've wondered that too. With the CDC modifying their numbers to actual Covid deaths rather than Death with Covid, are the other numbers around the world counted the same.

I come up with conclusions by looking at all the numbers of the US and compare them to all of the numbers of all of the countries of the world. What most do is look at all of the numbers that certain parts of the government and the fear mongering main stream media show them. It's a lot of work, but worth it to understand what is truth and not.
I've wondered that too. With the CDC modifying their numbers to actual Covid deaths rather than Death with Covid, are the other numbers around the world counted the same.

"Death With Covid"....isn't a thing. Unless you'd like to say...."Death with Influenza". "Death with Sepsis". "Death with Pneumonia". It's ridiculous.

My guess is this was undercounted in the beginning.

100%...it was undercounted. All over the world. And I'm not even counting the countries that deliberately fudge their numbers like Russia, Iran...etc. Even here, the U.S of A....with our greatest healthcare, greatest testing, greatest of......well everything...right? It's been undercounted.

"Death With Covid"....isn't a thing. Unless you'd like to say...."Death with Influenza". "Death with Sepsis". "Death with Pneumonia". It's ridiculous.
Not really. What is ridiculous is someone testing positive for the virus, fully recovering then, six weeks later, being killed in a car crash. Death with covid?

ford family

Not really. What is ridiculous is someone testing positive for the virus, fully recovering then, six weeks later, being killed in a car crash. Death with covid?

ford family

The C.D.C reported in August that the deaths that have occurred in the U.S. this year as 200,000 higher than the normal death tally. The reason? COVID-19. There's this "idea" in certain circles that all of these poor souls would have died anyway, from their pre-existing conditions. That is not true. Is it possible that there are a few cases that have been reported as deaths when the reality is that the person died from an accident? Of course. It is also possible that those few cases are being shared all over Facebook, and talk radio, and conspiracy theorists websites....making people believe that this is the rule rather than the exception? Also true.

https://www.sciencealert.com/2020-has-killed-up-to-200-000-extra-people-in-the-us-so-far

Yes, the term is "excess deaths." We have stats for how many people die, no matter the cause for the US and much of the world over the years. The US is right around 200,000 over the average. So even if not every one was directly due to Covid, the fact that that many "extra" people have died since the beginning of the pandemic is fairly damning. It's convenient to a particular narrative to quibble over individual cases or mislabeled cases, but the fact remains that 200,000 people died - so far - this year over the average of that time frame in recent history.

I know I saw on the news where this happened but it was corrected.
I'm sure you did and it was. My point was even though some deaths were attributed to covid when it really didn't have anything to do with the death, that only happened with such a small number, it really doesn't make a difference in the total count.

Yes, the term is "excess deaths." We have stats for how many people die, no matter the cause for the US and much of the world over the years. The US is right around 200,000 over the average. So even if not every one was directly due to Covid, the fact that that many "extra" people have died since the beginning of the pandemic is fairly damning. It's convenient to a particular narrative to quibble over individual cases or mislabeled cases, but the fact remains that 200,000 people died - so far - this year over the average of that time frame in recent history.

Exactly. If people want to hold on to those few cases that were misreported to fit their narrative/"belief system" with respect to COVID, well, have at it.

Cases are going up again in our country as people come back together indoors. That trend will continue as we move further into the fall and into winter. Hospitalizations have been declining since late July, but that decline has stopped, and will now begin to go up again. Deaths will trend up after that.

I would say yes, at least here they do. With a provincial population of 4.3 million we have had 261 Covid deaths reported. I can remember three specific times that the number has been adjusted downward after full autopsy results were received. These were presumably "deaths with Covid" that had initially been counted. I'm comfortable enough with the numbers we're being presented.
Shocked and saddened to hear reports last week that 449 people in the province have died as a result of opioid overdose in the past 6 months. Many more than from Covid and over twice the number from the same time period in 2019. I've not heard similar numbers for other causes of death such as suicide, but it's reasonable to believe a certain degree social unrest and mental/emotional instability is the direct result of Covid.

Thank you for pointing this out. On a death certificate there are (almost always) cause of death + comorbidities. Why? B/c It's usually a combo of things that combine to kill a person. So the false info that social media circulates that b/c there are also comorbidities listed = it was prob "not really Covid" that killed that person....smh. :scared:
Listen folks,a lot of the people who have died,have had comorbidities. If you look at every pnuemonia death in the world, you'd see this too. But to ignore the reality of what is listed on a certificate and dismiss this pandemic as "overblown" does us all a disservice,as it's misinformation that is spread in a calculated to way to confuse people as to what's really happening.
Here's a fun research game for those of you who seem to enjoy it..... Excess Deaths. What does this mean? What are 'standard averages' for various diseases over the past 5,10,15 years?
Now take a (really fun:guilty:) look at our daily averages not just worldwide, but here, in USA. A look at our own country,and the *excess Deaths* to our average. Right now we're at about 900-1200 per day as a nation. EXCESS. So some of these people had other things that contributed to this virus killing them, so what? How many people do you know in PERFECT health where it wouldn't touch them? (FWIW,some of these on record were in very good health to begin with)
Our daily excess for the past 6 months has exceeded our average stats for flu+ Pnuemonia mortality in our *highest/worst* weeks of flu season....for years now. LAst I checked,it was at least double the rate,and it's not slowing down. There's no spin on this,it's right there.

Shocked and saddened to hear reports last week that 449 people in the province have died as a result of opioid overdose in the past 6 months. Many more than from Covid and over twice the number from the same time period in 2019. I've not heard similar numbers for other causes of death such as suicide, but it's reasonable to believe a certain degree social unrest and mental/emotional instability is the direct result of Covid.
There was an article in a Dutch newspaper yesterday, where they went into the mental problems now that we are in a second wave. Mainly contributed due to having no prospects when it will be over.

Thank you for pointing this out. On a death certificate there are (almost always) cause of death + comorbidities. Why? B/c It's usually a combo of things that combine to kill a person. So the false info that social media circulates that b/c there are also comorbidities listed = it was prob "not really Covid" that killed that person....smh. :scared:
Listen folks,a lot of the people who have died,have had comorbidities. If you look at every pnuemonia death in the world, you'd see this too. But to ignore the reality of what is listed on a certificate and dismiss this pandemic as "overblown" does us all a disservice,as it's misinformation that is spread in a calculated to way to confuse people as to what's really happening.
Here's a fun research game for those of you who seem to enjoy it..... Excess Deaths. What does this mean? What are 'standard averages' for various diseases over the past 5,10,15 years?
Now take a (really fun:guilty:) look at our daily averages not just worldwide, but here, in USA. A look at our own country,and the *excess Deaths* to our average. Right now we're at about 900-1200 per day as a nation. EXCESS. So some of these people had other things that contributed to this virus killing them, so what? How many people do you know in PERFECT health where it wouldn't touch them? (FWIW,some of these on record were in very good health to begin with)
Our daily excess for the past 6 months has exceeded our average stats for flu+ Pnuemonia mortality in our *highest/worst* weeks of flu season....for years now. LAst I checked,it was at least double the rate,and it's not slowing down. There's no spin on this,it's right there.
Thank you for pointing this out. It’s hard to deny the statistics

I would say yes, at least here they do. With a provincial population of 4.3 million we have had 261 Covid deaths reported. I can remember three specific times that the number has been adjusted downward after full autopsy results were received. These were presumably "deaths with Covid" that had initially been counted. I'm comfortable enough with the numbers we're being presented.

I agree its sad to hear reports of opioid overdose cause of Covid. I have had a few people tell me it's happening here in Ontario too. I got into a discussion yesterday with a friend who says we should drop all restrictions cause of the overdoses. I don't know what the answer is. I know everyone is tired of living like this. For me I have learned to live with it. I am able to pretty much do everything I enjoy doing. The only difference is I have to wear a mask.

Has this happened? Probably. Has this happened in enough numbers to really make a statistical difference in the count? Doubtful.
Responding to you rather than the other more aggressive agenda driven poster, yes, this has happened.
Here in the UK, the instances of people dying of "something else" long after a positive covid test but still being treated as a covid death was sufficient to cause the authorities to change the criterion. They now only report people dying within 28 days of a positive covid test as being covid deaths.
We don't use Facebook, listen to talk radio or read conspiracy theory websites and we definitely don't rudely dismiss what other people say because it doesn't echo our own "narrative".
We are interested in what is happening with this virus around the world but we are not enjoying it.

ford family

Responding to you rather than the other more aggressive agenda driven poster, yes, this has happened.
Here in the UK, the instances of people dying of "something else" long after a positive covid test but still being treated as a covid death was sufficient to cause the authorities to change the criterion. They now only report people dying within 28 days of a positive covid test as being covid deaths.
We don't use Facebook, listen to talk radio or read conspiracy theory websites and we definitely don't rudely dismiss what other people say because it doesn't echo our own "narrative".
We are interested in what is happening with this virus around the world but we are not enjoying it.

ford family
Let me phrase it this way... according to Worldometeres, the UK has had 41K deaths. Out of those 41K, how many do you think were improperly classified?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter