Where do you think DVC resale prices are headed?

I tell you my 2 cents opinion on these small contracts; in many cases (my own for example), I thought I would 'save money' buying a small one (I started my addiction with a 90 pointer). What often happens (and happenned to me) is 'addonitis'.. For example, instead of a single 200 point, you buy 2 100 point contracts. As a result you might just wind up paying more per point, more in transaction costs & have more headaches managing too many contracts for the exact same number of points versus simply buying 2 small ones instead of 1 big one. Just something for buyers out there to think about
This is something I came to the realization of after completing the process for our first contract as well. If I could do it again I maybe would've gone for 50 points more. But who knows, if I did do that, would I still want another 50 points at the end of that? Does it ever really end? 😅

I tell you my 2 cents opinion on these small contracts; in many cases (my own for example), I thought I would 'save money' buying a small one (I started my addiction with a 90 pointer). What often happens (and happenned to me) is 'addonitis'.. For example, instead of a single 200 point, you buy 2 100 point contracts. As a result you might just wind up paying more per point, more in transaction costs & have more headaches managing too many contracts for the exact same number of points versus simply buying 2 small ones instead of 1 big one. Just something for buyers out there to think about
I've cautioned about this for years. Larger contracts are usually less per point and the closing costs are less per point in most situations. Plus I would never recommend buying to sell later. I would agree it's good to have options and consider exit situations but not paying a fair amount more for that insurance.

For my family "saving money" wasn't really a consideration in why we got our second small contract. It was simply that we happened to have that much to spend (and they weren't selling direct points at our resort in '10, so we went resale). I wonder how much of adding on small contracts isn't a long-term strategy so much as "I can afford a small one but not a large one."
I will likely end up with a couple of more contracts that are small, because my addonitis hasn't been indulged since '10 (also have been waiting a decade so far for the DLH DVC) ... but also because its a lot easier to throw ~$10K at a contract than it is ~$20K. (Odds are good I'll do 75-100 at the DLH tower, and probably 80-100 in Florida for once-every-three-years once something with easy Epcot access and a price I can't walk away from makes me commit). A lot of other DISsers seem to be stuck on the idea of small contracts at multiple resorts because they love those resorts, rather than fiscal planning.

This is something I came to the realization of after completing the process for our first contract as well. If I could do it again I maybe would've gone for 50 points more. But who knows, if I did do that, would I still want another 50 points at the end of that? Does it ever really end? 😅
No, it doesn't. :)

We began our search thinking that we would buy in at 100 points.

Took the advice to buy more than we think we need (and, to be honest, watching video room tours of 1BR and 2BR villas convinced us it was worth splurging on those larger rooms instead of studios) and ended up getting over twice as many points (220). Less than a year later, we have a contract for another 160 points in ROFR now.

Meanwhile, I'm keeping my eyes open for a 50-100 point contract at a good price that I "promise" will be the last one. :rotfl2:

Last edited:
Nope - never ends - started with 160 resale SS points and now have 15 contracts...am waiting on Disney because I recently sold 2 small contracts but that was only because I want more WL/BRV points and in all honesty - if a 25 point BC bargain in my June UY ever shows up - I’ll be so tempted!!!- it’s funny though, that original 160 points is still my largest single contract..

My gut feeling is the majority of small contracts are bought by current owners who are constantly borrowing a few points every year and they figure 50-75 extra points will keep them from doing that. I just can’t see many people buying new with just 50 points, it’s just so few points and not really worth the hassle thank and borrow for one trip every three years.

My gut feeling is the majority of small contracts are bought by current owners who are constantly borrowing a few points every year and they figure 50-75 extra points will keep them from doing that. I just can’t see many people buying new with just 50 points, it’s just so few points and not really worth the hassle thank and borrow for one trip every three years.

I guess it depends on what you define as a trip. 50 points is plenty for an every other year studio trip for 5-6 nights (depending on resort). We just sold out lone contract and it was a 75 pointer. If we buy back in will probably do either 50 or 75 as it works well for our style of traveling.

I guess it depends on what you define as a trip. 50 points is plenty for an every other year studio trip for 5-6 nights (depending on resort). We just sold out lone contract and it was a 75 pointer. If we buy back in will probably do either 50 or 75 as it works well for our style of traveling.
I was just thinking this. 50 points in a studio is great every other year. For some people that's all the Disney they need..... sadly I don't fall into this group. Bought our first 100 point contract fully loaded and used them all up real quick... decided to add on with a 42 point contract. I think we are good now.

That is a somewhat fair point, although a 100 point OKW extend contract would very likely be still over $100 per point. Heck a 2042 100 point contract is over $100 a point (which is insane to me BTW).
So would you say 110pp OKW 2057 for 109 points is a decent deal?

I was just thinking this. 50 points in a studio is great every other year. For some people that's all the Disney they need..... sadly I don't fall into this group. Bought our first 100 point contract fully loaded and used them all up real quick... decided to add on with a 42 point contract. I think we are good now.

I have 60 points at BWV and (so far) it's gotten me 5-6 nights in a studio every year. We space our trips about 11 months apart and save on AP's (what is it now? About $1600 for 4?). Our small direct $10K DVC purchase has been great for us.

In full disclosure, we are planning to travel differently as we age and are looking for more points but at a 2nd home resort. However, I'm anticipating great deals hotel side on the horizon, so we may hold off and do some cash stays for a bit. Honestly, we still like moderates.

I just feel like we have so much flexibility. I've seen a few sweet point transfer deals we could have used, too. We currently have a trip booked for Jan - split stay SSR and Poly - just needed a few OTU points to make that happen. Expensive (ish) I guess, but then we didn't have to borrow.

So would you say 110pp OKW 2057 for 109 points is a decent deal?
If it has 2019 and 2020 points, then yes. If it’s stripped until 2021 or worse 2022, then no. If it’s in between, it’s probably an average to slightly above average price. Small OKW contracts are harder to come by though because the minimum was so high back then, and extended ones even more so. You might wait several months to save $500 or whatever.

If it has 2019 and 2020 points, then yes. If it’s stripped until 2021 or worse 2022, then no. If it’s in between, it’s probably an average to slightly above average price. Small OKW contracts are harder to come by though because the minimum was so high back then, and extended ones even more so. You might wait several months to save $500 or whatever.
54/20,109/21 etc... Not totally stripped

What’s a fair point cost for a small boardwalk contract. When I research I see samples of 50pt but none for 25pt. So what is a good deal on a 25pt contract?

What’s a fair point cost for a small boardwalk contract. When I research I see samples of 50pt but none for 25pt. So what is a good deal on a 25pt contract?
Such a difficult question as they are pretty rare, around $150 wouldnt surprise me

It's been a while since I've seen a 25pt BWV listed for sale. There was one a couple months ago listed at I believe $170 and the seller was not accepting anything below asking price.

For such a rare resale find, combined with the high price per point it will cost, the time it takes to actually get your points, and the amount of attention you will have to dedicate to all of the resale sites to actually be sure you're the one who gets it (because very small contracts go very fast), I'd probably consider just buying direct and being done with it.

This is what we're targeting as well as we like to go every few years. So much of the world to see and have to jam it into 3 weeks of vacation time (American standards of work/life balance) so we like to keep our options open.

It's been a while since I've seen a 25pt BWV listed for sale. There was one a couple months ago listed at I believe $170 and the seller was not accepting anything below asking price.

For such a rare resale find, combined with the high price per point it will cost, the time it takes to actually get your points, and the amount of attention you will have to dedicate to all of the resale sites to actually be sure you're the one who gets it (because very small contracts go very fast), I'd probably consider just buying direct and being done with it.
I was thinking the same. Quick search says that Boardwalk is selling for $190pp direct so a $20pp increase is $500 on 25 points. I'd pay that to get my choice of UY and avoid "hunting" for a resale contract that is going to be quite rare.

Such a difficult question as they are pretty rare, around $150 wouldnt surprise me

Yup or get lucky finding a listing. Another option is selling one of your contracts and buying a larger contract but doubt that math works out but who knows.

An alternative is to just keep borrowing until you run through all your points at which point find a point transfer that can cover you for 1-2 trips and that way you can bank your points to build up a supply again.

What is fair for a 50 point?

For BWV? There really isn't a correct answer. I think it could range from $125 to $160 just depending. While a 25 point contract is possibly harder to find 50 pointers don't grow on trees either.

It also will depend partly on your UY because some UY have way more of the point pool so it might be easier to find a small contract.

I sold a 30 and 50 point contract at BWV back in April for like $155 and $145 I think it was. I felt okay with those prices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter