Where do you think DVC resale prices are headed?

They were listed at that price, but we don't really know what they actually sold for. They don't change the price to reflect lower offers being accepted.
Yes, I always take a chunk off to guess what they went for, but low point contracts are the ones most likely to get taken at the list prices.

They were listed at that price, but we don't really know what they actually sold for. They don't change the price to reflect lower offers being accepted.

Yes, I always take a chunk off to guess what they went for, but low point contracts are the ones most likely to get taken at the list prices.

Yes, this is why this forum is invaluable for all of us, especially those of us still learning the ropes!

Thanks! Found one at $149 but stripped.
So stripped is 20 years of 25pts and loaded could be up to 23 years. However, you would likely pay dues on 2020 and definitely on 2021

You just to run the numbers through your supercomputer to see if it works for you 😃👍

Thanks! Found one at $149 but stripped.
If you buy direct, after closing costs you’d pay about $1000 more and get 2020 and 2021 points (and depending on your UY perhaps 2019 points). I value 2019 2020 and 2021 points enough that to me direct is a better value than resale at $149 if the resale contract is completely stripped and you have an Oct or Dec UY (and it’s a push with any other UY)

If you buy direct, after closing costs you’d pay about $1000 more and get 2020 and 2021 points (and depending on your UY perhaps 2019 points). I value 2019 2020 and 2021 points enough that to me direct is a better value than resale at $149 if the resale contract is completely stripped and you have an Oct or Dec UY (and it’s a push with any other UY)
I think you need to be an existing direct member to buy 25pts

I agree RR is beautiful, but indo not need nor want more than 100 points there as we are already at around 1000. If the incentives were for 100 points I would probably have purchased there to have utilized every other year for a 1 bedroom. If booking 1 and 2 beds there should not be a problem. My question is 10 years down the road where maybe 50 percent is now resale - I remeber a survey somewhere that said on average most keep their dvc 10 years- what will happen to the resale buyers if they cannot book other resorts and are closed out of RR. I think this will affect studios the most. Direct buyers will be able to book anywhere. I am not certain dvc can implement that policy in the legacy resorts because of the overpriced and high point cabins and bungalows at CCV and poly. RR does not have those thank goodness

Someone analyzed the contracts on the OCC website and found out that on average 1% of contracts of a sold out resort get purchased by a resale owner every year.
It was approximated, because he analyzed just the number of contracts and who were the sellers and the buyers (to exclude contracts taken back by Disney), but didn't take into account the actual contract sizes (it would be impossible, one would have to open every contract on the OCC website). So if for example larger contracts are resold more often smaller contracts, the actual number might be higher.
Anyway, the belief of 10 years average ownership, I think originated by a comment by a resale agent. He said that of the contracts that are sold, on average the owers kept them for 10 years. But there are contracts that are never sold so that statistic is not a global number. 1% is the best approximation we have.

They certainly don't appear to match the ROFR thread. BLT looks like low $130's, BWV around $112.
the prices on the ROFR thread honestly are not that accurate as some have dues paid, some have closing cost paid etc. Really need to make it true PPP to make it a bit more accurate. Also the ROFR thread usually will always have better deals in general on it as we this community should be more "savvy" with DVC pricing. IMO

the prices on the ROFR thread honestly are not that accurate as some have dues paid, some have closing cost paid etc. Really need to make it true PPP to make it a bit more accurate. Also the ROFR thread usually will always have better deals in general on it as we this community should be more "savvy" with DVC pricing. IMO

You're right, like this one. I'm pretty sure the buyer would have paid dues on at least 160 of the 2020 points for this one; so normalized it would be $101.42 - still a great deal to get 2018/2019 points. Maybe @sgserenity could key us in :)
@sgserenity ---$93.75-$15613.60-160-AKV-Dec-0/18, 123/19, 320/20, 160/21- sent 7/18, passed 8/25

@BigThunderMike paid a bit more, I would say it's a wash on if 2020 dues were paid by the buyer or not - but I'd think 2019 dues were paid by the seller.
Passed!

BigThunderMike---$115-$20232-160-AKV-Oct-0/18, 0/19, 228/20, 160/21- sent 7/17, passed 8/25

We weren't too worried since our price per point was a little higher than most for AKV right now, but are happy to see it finally go through. For what it's worth I talked to our agent at DVC Resale Market and they said they received a big batch today around 10:30 (MDT) and that they are working through them and sending out emails.

Best of luck everyone!

@to be tink got a really good deal; they posted later it was from Fidelity so I think the buyer likely paid the 150 points of dues.
Hi I have just passed ROFR and thought I would move over here to this thread. Is there some type of information generator I should use to post all my contract info?
ToBeTink---$100-$17777-160-AKV-Aug-74/19, 150/20, 160/21, 160/22- sent 7/8, passed 8/24

I've been looking at AKL so I posted those exclusively. I tagged the people so maybe they will let us know :)

What is it with AKVs? Why such increase in demand?

There was some tracking showing less supply actually in comparison to the rest of resale (in comparison to the recent months that was). Think it has to do with it being the "best" of the SAP resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter