Who's in for GREECE and TURKEY, June 15 2003????

Thanks so much to all of you for posting so much useful information for those of you on the next Greece/Turkey cruise!

Can one of you who are Gold/Platinum tell me when the Castaway Club reception was?

Many thanks again!

The castaway reception was in Rockin Bar D at 11 am on the first sea day

Thanks so much to all of you for posting so much useful information for those of you on the next Greece/Turkey cruise!

Can one of you who are Gold/Platinum tell me when the Castaway Club reception was?

Many thanks again!

I've got all the navigators scanned and put in my TR if that might be helpful...... Look at my signature for the link.

Thanks so much! I was hoping it wouldn't interfere with the Palo brunch date I booked, and if it stays the same, it won't.:goodvibes

It was the same for the Venice cruise... First sea day at 11:00. So that seems to be their pattern. Also if you want mickey rice Krispy treats, you have to stay until the end.

It was the same for the Venice cruise... First sea day at 11:00. So that seems to be their pattern. Also if you want mickey rice Krispy treats, you have to stay until the end.

Ours was also very crowded so seats were at a premium.

Now that's a very useful tip! Thanks!

How did I miss the cranky platinum woman? Still settling in at home - our missing piece of luggage arrived the following day and our new refrigerator (yes, that went while we were gone) arrived two days after we returned. We have a saint of a neighbor who discovered the fridge when she was taking care of our dogs and she cleaned it all out for us.... Hope all of you are doing well!

How did I miss the cranky platinum woman? Still settling in at home - our missing piece of luggage arrived the following day and our new refrigerator (yes, that went while we were gone) arrived two days after we returned. We have a saint of a neighbor who discovered the fridge when she was taking care of our dogs and she cleaned it all out for us.... Hope all of you are doing well!

Yes we are. We missed you Karen. I got used to seeing you every day

So glad you got your luggage! It is so annoying to have that happen, isn't it? At least it was on the way back, instead of going over - that would have been worse!

Sorry about the refrigerator, too. Once, when I was a kid, we went on vacation and our refrigerator died. Coming home to the smell of rotting meat from the freezer was horrible. :crazy2:

I think the chocolate tasting is paired with alcohol such as whiskey, brandy, etc. I don't drink but I love chocolate but it was $30 so I knew booze was involved. Lol. I didn't sign up for it.

Wow, that's some booze! Might have been interesting to see what they paired the chocolate with but if you don't drink, that's a lot of chocolate you can buy elsewhere.

Yes, we were a bit disappointed, as we purchased the Shutters CD and would have liked more photos of the excusions.

I did see some other families with excursion photos, but not a lot. I wonder if they were on the family excursions - we tried to book mostly "adult only" ones.

You were the Family of the Day? How cool! We saw you (and were green with envy) get on. How did you get this?
This was our first experience with the tastings, and DH really enjoyed them. I can't drink that much - I get the "Asian flush". I didn't know you could sign up for them all at the beginning of the cruise, and by the time we got to them, some were already filled. Oh well, we will be better prepared next time!

Oh, and if nasty old lady was a Platinum, wouldn't she know about the wait list? :rolleyes2
Yeah, we were family of the day. Still can't believe we were that lucky. We've never gotten at the port that early (before boarding) so we had no idea this was even possible. I think they (DCL) just picks a family randomly. I didn't realize until a recent cruise you can sign up for the tastings ahead of time. Used to think you had to see it in the navigator first.

I think with the wait list that it's possible they started it way after the event was sold out. When I went up to sign up, I was just told to check back (it was pretty early in the cruise). Possibly so many inquired that they started a wait list. How could they possibly know who was interested that they missed? I never bothered checking back. We just bought chocolate in any port we could find it and had our own tasting (the chocolate from the chocolate museum was my favorite).

We thought it questionable to use a black background for semi formal photos with formally dressed Mickey and Donald.

We thought so too and were sad about it because it was a really good shot of my husband and I. I just figured it was me and the professionals knew better. Ha!

Wow, that's some booze! Might have been interesting to see what they paired the chocolate with but if you don't drink, that's a lot of chocolate you can buy elsewhere.

My friend and I did the chocolate tasting on this cruise. There were 4 cups of melted chocolate (chocolate caramel, dark, white, and dark/white blended to form milk chocolate) as well as the melting wafers themselves. There were 4 beverages that I can recall to pair with the chocolates -- a dry sparkling wine paired with the chocolate caramel, port paired with the milk chocolate, a red wine paired with the dark chocolate, and whiskey paired with the white chocolate. The presenter was excellent and provided us with some random chocolate facts and well as talking us through the tasting.

My friend and I did the chocolate tasting on this cruise. There were 4 cups of melted chocolate (chocolate caramel, dark, white, and dark/white blended to form milk chocolate) as well as the melting wafers themselves. There were 4 beverages that I can recall to pair with the chocolates -- a dry sparkling wine paired with the chocolate caramel, port paired with the milk chocolate, a red wine paired with the dark chocolate, and whiskey paired with the white chocolate. The presenter was excellent and provided us with some random chocolate facts and well as talking us through the tasting.

Cool!

Not sure if DH would have liked that. He likes the drinks, but is not a big chocolate fan - I know, weird, right? :p

That's a great description of the chocolate tasting. We also did this but we were back to back and did it on the next cruise. The alcohol was supposed to alter the taste of the chocolate. I think I noticed some difference for the first pairing but after that I didn't really notice a difference (The chocolate tasted equally good. :) ) A Swedish parmesan cheese was also served (aged only 60 days as opposed to Italian parmesan cheese). I think I liked that even more than the chocolate.

Deb in Iowa, you posted

Mark has been on Facebook, and I think he was catching up with his new friends. He really had a good time with the 18-21 group!

You might recall that my son, Will, was in that group and he thought they were a really great group of kids! I hope Mark is recovering nicely from his wisdom teeth surgery. I know that is in Will's near future.

Marie

Deb in Iowa, you posted

Mark has been on Facebook, and I think he was catching up with his new friends. He really had a good time with the 18-21 group!

You might recall that my son, Will, was in that group and he thought they were a really great group of kids! I hope Mark is recovering nicely from his wisdom teeth surgery. I know that is in Will's near future.

Marie

Hi Marie! :wave2:

Yes, I think it was a great group of kids who really bonded over the cruise. I hope we get to see some of them again sometime.

Mark's iPhone somehow died during the cruise, and we had to get it replaced when we got back, so I think he wasn't on Facebook as much until he got his phone back.

And his sister took a hilarious video of Mark after his wisdom teeth surgery, when he was still on drugs - I think it is a bit too inappropriate to post here!

Nice! Thanks for the description. I'd have loved that! Guess I need to make sure that I book early next time as I'd really enjoy this. I'm hoping this fall to attend the chocolate tasting (not sure of the exact name) during food and wine. It falls this year during our time there and I try never to turn down chocolate :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter