• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who's sailing April 18-22, 2004 - gotta start this sometime!!

Happy Easter!!!

I just packed our clothes:) I'm so glad that I have all of the birthdays and holidays out of the way!!! I have a lot more organizing and packing to do but I feel good knowing we have everything we need...just have to get it all together. I bought these things called "earplanes" at CVS. They were expensive but I think they'll be worth it for the kids. As a little kid I used to go away about 3 times a year to the Virgin Islands with my parents and almost always had a huge earache each time. Not fun. These things are supposed to stabalize the pressure upon take off and landing. We'll see if I blew $20 for nothing once we get there. Unfortunately they're only good for two flights and we have two connecting flights each way so I had to get two each for the girls.

I bought a new car :teeth: :teeth: I bit the bullet and went into Toyota just "to look". ha! I pick up a Toyota Sienna tomorrow night. I'm gonna pick up the kids after work and then we're all going to get the car. I'm so excited! Now I can finally take their friends to the movies, etc. 'cause i'll have room. It has a dvd in the back seat with wireless ear phones too so they can be entertained. ::yes:: ::yes::

Travel - I'm sending positive vibes your way!!! Here's hoping he gets the job!!!

Goofy - I don't think you're unorganized at all....my goodness you have so many people to think about I don't know how you to it!!!:earseek: :earseek:

thebets - you must be so excited! Wed will come in a blink of an eye!!! We'll be there Friday and maybe we'll bump into each other at O'Hana's on Saturday :teeth:

guardwife - I'm so happy your hubby is home safe and sound. My sister's brother in law has to go to Iraq in June. He is an auditor for the defense dept and a lot of their dept is needed down there to see what the heck is going on with Halliburtan. We just hope he's going to a safer spot than what we've been hearing about on the news lately.

I can really relate to watching parents age. My parents are 71 and 73 and my mom forgets a lot. I just try to enjoy my time with them to the fullest and have my kids visit as much as possible.

Well time to print that packing list so I can get things moving!

Hope everyone's Easter was great. The kids got enough stuff to last until the Fourth of July.

I just finished banging out my last customer's tax returns. I do them on the side for a little extra vacation money. Now DW and I just have to worry about packing.

I can't wait to get these last five workdays behind me and get to Florida.

Bostonlass - I've used Earplanes for about 4 years now. They will work for more than just 2 times - there are small inserts in them that allow the air to slowly seep through microscopic holes to slowly equalize the pressure. These small holes get clogged with dust, etc. as they get used, but under normal conditions, I use them for about 12 flights or 1 year. Just make sure to store them in the blue sleeve they come in when not in use. Don't forget gum to chew, that also helps. If anyone has a stuffy nose, a little benadril beforehand also helps.

Scott's countdown to the Mickey Ship:
:smooth: 4 more ties! :smooth:

See everyone soon!
:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

We just booked our first cruise ever. We are all very excited. Can anyone explain to me what DD, DS, etc. means? We are also cruising on May 29.

zamanj - ds - is dear son, dd - is dear daughter, dh - is dear husband, dw - is dear wife...etc.! Enjoy your trip! We are down to the last moments for us and we're all bouncing with joy!

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Those of you who are heading down over the next few days, we wish you a safe journey, and enjoy the parks before you relax on the cruise.

:smooth: 3 more ties!:smooth:

from scottohiocpa
Those of you who are heading down over the next few days, we wish you a safe journey, and enjoy the parks before you relax on the cruise.

I would like to echo scottohiocpa's well wishes. It has been great having you all to share the excitement of vacation planning. Can you believe that the time has just about arrived? I hope your vacation is all that you hope it to be. It will be great if we can meet at Scoops but if not, I wish you many more happy journeys through life! Have a safe trip!!!!! :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."-Mark Twain :boat:

Well, my addiction to disboards will have to be placed on hold, as this will be my last check-in before we leave tomorrow!!!

I can't wait to meet you all on sunday (I even overheard DH tell a friend how great it was to have had an opportunity to connect with so many families ahead of time)!! EVERYONE, thank you for all your advice, kind words, and conversation over these past weeks. Have a safe trip, and see you at Scoops at 4:30 sunday!!!!

Here's a reprint of the list for everyone so you don't have to hunt through 40 pages to find it!

Goofy601 OH Eddie, Cristopher-8, Connor-4, Late Cabin 6315

Goofy 601 OH Lisa, MILAlice, Casey-12, Cara-3 Late Cabin 6037

Cori4disney OH Corinne, Brittany-15, Danielle-11 Late

Travelwithkids ME Dan, Lee, Alex-13, Liz-8 Late Cabin 7036

Disney1fan2002, MA Sean, Marie, Patrick-7, Sara-Ann-5,
Danny-4 Main Cabin 8040

DVCLady CT Rob, Mechelle, Leena-7, Ryan-2 Late Cabin 2620

Disneysailor CT Jeff, Tari, Ben-13, Becky-10 Late Cabin 7598

bostonlass MA Bridget, Megan-6, Emily-7 Late Cabin 6147?

Sopandbass MI Steve, Sharon, Isabel-3 Late

Scottohiocpa OH Scott, Julie, Mindy-11, Ryan-6 Late Cabin 6041

thebets57 MA Art, Betsy, Jonathan-18, Catherine-12 Late
Cabin 8538

immalemon CO Amanda, Jerianne-4, DM-42 Late Cabin 5642

guardwife IA Steve, Marge, Margie Elise-4 Late Cabin 2546

RSMAEA508 MA Ray, Susan, Megan-17, Andy-14, Emily-9, Alex-2 Late Cabins 6650+6645

Can't wait to watch the travel channel tonight with all the disney stuff. Mrs SCOTTOHIOCPA and I gathered together all the miscellaneous stuff to pack, but we still haven't started on clothes. Maybe tonight we'll start pulling out all that stuff.

The forecast for Ohio is rainy and 40's, so we're looking forward to 80's and sun even more. Today's forecast for Orlando is only a high of 69, so it reminds me to pack some warm clothes as well as shorts. Before this, we have always gone to Florida in the summer or May at the earliest, so we think of Florida as always being 95 degrees. I think it will seem strange to be standing in line for a ride at the MK without feeling like the sun was frying me like an egg.

:smooth: 2 more ties! :smooth:

Thank you to everyone for all of your advice and help with all of the things that have come up with planning this trip. I can hardly wait to meet everyone. Everyone arrive safely and looking forward to meeting in person all the wonderful people we have met here on this board!

Eddie, Lisa, Casey, Cristopher, Connor & Cara
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc and let's not forget grandma, Alice :Pinkbounc

When I put my daughter to bed tonight, I told her that she only has two more nights to sleep in her bed before vacation. She corrected me by saying she only has one more night because the next night she won't sleep at all because she'll be tooooo excited!::yes::

I sure can relate to that! Hope thebets57 were able to sleep tonight. I think there will be too much fun to be had to get any sleep on the ship! At least we'll have a whole weekend to catch up on sleep after the trip (yikes, it's so sad to think about it being over).

See you in five days!:wave2:

Wow!! It is here already!! 10 months of planning and building on the excitment and it is now down to a day and a few hours!!

Last night was packing night, however we have received a lot of rain and our 4 year old house has a leak!! We can hear it on the first floor, but can not find it!! last night, while DH was climbing around on ladders (yes, in the rain, in the dark!!) I was stuck with the flashlights and worry part.

I am skipping my Teacher/Administration Meeting this afternoon and get everything done:)

Have a very safe trip and see you all on Sunday......Lee

I see a couple of you are headed out already. 2 more days of working and pacing and packing for us! Is it time yet? LOL! See you all very very soon!

Be safe and we'll see you all very soon!

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc and :Pinkbounc

p.s. the kids are making me NUTS - they want to go on the MICKEY SHIP - especially after seeing the ship on the travel channel last night - it was awesome! Hope many of you saw it - heck - we're going to see the real thing really soon! :earsboy: :earsgirl:

Woke up this morning to find snow on the car. I guess there is something worse than rain everyday. This thread is getting pretty quiet with everyone getting ready to go or already gone. Two more days of work for myself and Mrs. SCOTTOHIOCPA and then we're going on a mickey ship!

:smooth: 1 more tie!:smooth:

I've never been so happy to do the laundry as I am right now. It's going right from the dryer to the suitcase ~ what fun!

Safe travels to everyone as we make our way to the Mickey Ship!

Well, Bon Voyage! Race ya to the Goofy Pool!!! See you soon.

Scott... will I recognize you and the Missus at the Radisson Saturday night? We are going to try to make it to the restaurant that allows us to see the Magic take off. We will be the family of five with a distinct Boston ahccent. Actually you will probably hear us saying "Danny, stop" over and over. LOL

Everyone have a safe drive or a safe flight. I cannot believe how close we are. WE'RE GOING ON THE MICKEY SHIP :sunny:

Originally posted by sopandbass
I've never been so happy to do the laundry as I am right now. It's going right from the dryer to the suitcase ~ what fun!

Safe travels to everyone as we make our way to the Mickey Ship!

Well, Bon Voyage! Race ya to the Goofy Pool!!! See you soon.

I hear ya! I have been packed for over a week, but tonight is finish up laundry and add anything that may have been hiding in the laundry pile. LOL. Tomorrow is clean out van and shop for sunscreen and toiletries. Friday is get rid of dog and load van!!!!! WOOHOO.

:bounce: :Pinkbounc Just one more day of work and we're out of here. DH has to finish a landscaping job - or else - or he can't play on the MICKEY SHIP - LOL! I have to work tomorrow at my cleaning business - and then - it's off we go to a MICKEY SHIP! Hip HIP HOORAY! My MIL is coming in first thing in the morning - that way she'll have a day to rest before getting back into a vehicle for a much longer ride. She's coming in from Toledo, OH! I have my babysitters all lined up for our fish (yes, I have 2 babysitters for my fish). DH wanted to let them fend for themselves - but I conned a couple of friends to take turns coming over to feed and turn the lights on and off for them. I have to remember to call the kids schools and leave messages - I sent notes - but they'll be calling out the Marines if I don't CALL and report them absent as well...doing that after I get off the 'puter. I have a couple loads of laundry to finish, clean the bathrooms - make all the beds - and then it's off we go to the MICKEY SHIP!! :hyper:

Gonna run - the kids have the nerve to want dinner and I can't get a waiters attention. LOL!

See you all really really really soon!::yes::

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl: and :earsgirl:

Woohoo!! My dh was faxed the last k1 at 5:45 and the accountant was here at 6:15-our taxes are finally done! Our personal taxes are going to get e-filed so there are just some business taxes that need to get mailed tomorrow. Our accountant is awesome!!!! I can't believe he hasn't quit on us yet, every year is some weird new problem. Now if the packing were only done too.

After reading the posts about the suitcase weight, I tried to weigh ours and two of them seemed overweight. I think I managed to redistribute everything the right way, but it's hard to tell. For checked luggage we have 3 suitcases and a garment bag. I don't think I've ever traveled with so much luggage including when the kids were babies and we had the portacrib, etc. and we'll still have carry on stuff.:crazy:

Sounds like you're all busy too getting the last minute things ready. LAST MINUTE- WOW WOW WOW!!!! goofy 601 good thing you're not at my house right now because we'd be colliding as we both bounced off the walls!!

Disney1fan2002 and scottohiocpa I hope you have fun sending off the Magic. What a great way to start your trip!

Sopandbass have fun at Sea World if you decided to go, we'll see you soon.

travel with kids- I hope you were able to get your water problem fixed. Best wishes to you and everyone else leaving tomorrow for a safe trip.

See you all under sunny skies in FOUR DAYS!!!!:tongue:

DW and I are trying to pack on an orderly fashion. We have everything out on the bed but we are trying to put everthing into 3 suitcases and a garment bag in some sort of logical way. We don't want to spend the first night at the Radisson trying to find Sunday's clothes for 4 people.

disneysailor- way to go on those taxes! Now you can worry about whether to have the chocolate cake or the cheesecake instead.

goofy601- Have a fun ride down. Just tell your kids it's a new Disney ride that's really, really long.

Disney1fan2002- We'll look for you at the Radisson and Grills. You can download directions and a 10% off coupon for Grills at www.visitgrills.com. We'll have our pins or something lime green on. I was wondering why everyone didn't type with a eastern accent.

sopandbass - tuck that little princess into bed for some Mickey dreams.

:smooth: 1 more tie!:smooth:

OK, Van is packed, house is spotless and we are ready to go!!:jumping1:

We were able to get all our clothing into 3 suitcases, 1 garment bag and 2 carry ons. (plus I was able to bring 5 pairs of shoes;) !!)

We will see you all very soon (probably at Shutters and maybe by chance at the Radisson). Have a safe trip and see you Sunday. :sunny: ....Dan, Lee, Alex & Liz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter