• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who's sailing April 18-22, 2004 - gotta start this sometime!!

It's almost time! The anticipation is making me nuts. I could not sleep last night...it didn't help that the youngest dd kept coming into our room - my "tumach" hurts - where's my cup - I sleep in you bed..." that was a joy!

See you all really soon...dh is headed off to work - and I have our house and one more house to clean (my cleaning business)...and cheerio...we're going on a MICKEY SHIP!

Eddie, Lisa, Casey, Cristopher, Connor & Cara and of course - Alice

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc and :Pinkbounc

Ok, as goofy601 and I leave Ohio, the weather goes into the 70s. When we come back, it will probably snow again.

Here's a weather update for Orlando and Nassau:

Thurs. Apr 15 Orlando - sunny 73/54
Fri. April 16 Orlando - sunny 78/59
Sat. April 17 Orlando - sunny 80/59, Cocoa sunny 78/59
Sun. April 18 Cocoa - sunny 81/60
Mon. April 19 Nassau - isolated T-storms 81/70
Tues. April 20 Nassau - isolated showers 81/70
Weds. April 21 Nassau - Windy 81/70
Thurs. April 22 Orlando - sunny 84/64
Fri. April 23 Orlando - partly cloudy 85/65
Sat. Aprl 24 Orlando - partly cloudy 85/65

Chance of precipitation each day is 10% or less.

Scott's countdown to the Mickey Ship:
:smooth: 0.8 more ties! :smooth:

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

Sorry I haven't written...kind of hectic finishing up financials and packing etc. I can't believe it's almost here for us!!! I printed out our boarding passes just now so it's just packing a few odds and ends and trying to sleep. We have to be at the airport tomorrow morning by 5:30 I think so that means waking up at 4:30 and out of the house by 5. Hopefully there will be no great traffic.

I am so grateful to everyone in this thread and to everyone on these boards!!! I would never have known half the stuff otherwise!

Goofy - I didn't even think of calling the kids' school!! I wrote notes to both of the teachers so I think I'll just leave it at that. They won't be missing much since it's the day before vacation anyhow so I didn't have any guilt whatsoever!!!

geez louise!! scattered thundershowers?!?!? Say it ain't so!!!!! Let's hope that changes and we have nothing but pure sunshine while in the Bahamas.

See you all at Scoops!!!:wave:

Well, we're just about ready to go. My mom is coming by to get our keys so she can feed our cat while we're gone and my dad is picking up my dog tonight. I'm so excited and anxious all at the same time, so much to look forward to and so many last minute details to attend to.

Thanks for making this a great vacation before we even set foot onboard. I'm looking forward to putting faces to screennames soon!!!:jumping1:

We're going on a Mickey Ship!!!! See you all in a few days!!!!

Have a safe trip down!
Jeff:earsboy: , Tari:earsboy: , Ben::MickeyMo and Becky::MinnieMo

Forgot to mention- We'll all be wearing smiles from ear to ear and Mickey/Minnie shirts (how does my family put up with me?:) ) and arriving at the terminal between 10:30 and 11:00. Maybe we'll bump into some of you before boarding!

This is my weather prediction ~

I'd rather be on a Mickey Ship watching it rain in Nassau than be in my house watching it rain in chilly Michigan. :smooth:

Scottohiocpa ~.8 tie made me giggle! Since I believe we share the same last name, if your family is first, please pardon us if we run ahead and take your spot. :hyper:

Goofy601 ~ I'm not sure if your Cara is planning going to the children's program but my Isabel is as of right now. It would be neat if they hit it off. Isabel has been known to be a little bossy but she's a very good friend. :earsgirl:

Enjoy your journeys to Florida! See you Sunday!

sopandbass - when your Isabelle isn't in the playgroup - maybe she can play with Cara. Cara will not be able to play in the groups - unless it is with a babysitter - she has some internal issues and is not yet potty trained. We have been working with her and found out this week from the DR that we shouldn't be bothering. We have to fix the inside first before we go there...oh, well...hopefully before she's 30! We've got to find the lighter side of things in life these days!! Looking forward to meeting you and your little angel!

Scottohiocpa - we'll see you soon...and it's a beautiful day in OHIO! I had the kids open up the house while I was at work - for the last day. I stopped by both jobs and said my good-byes! Hee hee - we'll be in Sunny FLORIDA and Nassau - and of course on a beautiful MICKEY SHIP - and they will all be slaving away!

bostonlass - if I didn't call the schools - they would seriously call out the Marines. Our schools are very picky! It's good and bad - but it's done! They are out that week for personal family reasons - TONS OF FUN!!

disneysailor - sounds much better to have sitters for the cats and dogs - my SIL is coming tonight to learn how to take care of my fish. I have a day sitter and a night sitter. Feed my little babies in the a.m. and turn on the light and the other sitter for the evening to turn off the light and feed them. I'm sad - but there is a lot of $$ invested in that tank!

See everyone soon. We'll be at the terminal at 10 am - with sweet smiling faces ~ grinning from ear to ear...and all of our kids will have yellow t-shirts with DISNEY on the front! See you all SUNDAY - cuz- WE'RE GOING ON A MICKEY SHIP - HIP HIP HOORAY!

Eddie :earsboy: Lisa:earsgirl: Casey:earsgirl: Cristopher:earsboy: Connor:earsboy: and Cara:earsgirl: oh and we can not forget grandma, Alice:earsgirl:

Finally! Scott's coutndown to the Mickey Ship:
:smooth: NO more ties!:smooth:

Time to go home and repack. I just found out the airlines have changes their rules and you can only have 50 lbs. max in each bag or they fine you $25 to $50. It used to be 70 lbs. but they changed it some time in the last several months. Our big bag had about 60 lbs. in it last time, so we may have to go back and take some out of it.

My DD made us a sign for the meet at scoops, so look for a lime green sign. See everyone on the boat or at the Radisson.

If anyone is still here, see you day after tomorrow! Or tomorrow at the Radisson. Have a safe journey. WE ARE GOING ON THE MICKEY SHIP! :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

We're getting all the final preparations together and we're OUT OF HERE! See you all SUNDAY - cuz - we're going on a MICKEY SHIP! HIP HIP HOORAY!:jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1:

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc and:Pinkbounc

:) Time to leave work!:) Vacation officially begins NOW!

Mrs. SCOTTOHIOCPA, get out the Margaritas. I've got the sunroof open, it's 70 degrees out, the sun is shining, and Buffett's in the CD player.

:smooth: No more ties!:smooth:

:) :) :) :)

Getting ready to put the stuff in the car. I think we are probably the last ones to get to go.:(

We're going on a Mickey Ship!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce:

:smooth: No more ties!:smooth:

I guess I misunderstood what time we were meeting at Scoops. I showed up just before we set sail, shortly after we set sail and a little while later but didn't see anyone in green pins.

Anyway, I'm sorry I missed everyone. Did you end up having a group for brunch at Palo? We had brunch there and the waiter said there was a group of 12 having sweet pizza (so we had to wait for ours :D )...was that all of you?

Wasn't the cruise great??????????? I hope everyone had a great time!!!!

sopandbass- So sorry we missed you. We did meet at Scoops right after the drill and were there for a while before going upstairs to join the Sailaway Party. The group included us, scottohiocpa, travel with kids, thebets57, goofy601, guardwife, cori4disney and of course everyone's families. It was nice to see everyone, but it was pretty chaotic with the party going on so it was hard to talk. We bumped into a few families throughout the cruise which was nice. DH and I had a romantic table for two at the Palo brunch, so it wasn't us hogging all the dessert pizza:) .

Again, I really wish that we had a chance to meet you and some of the other nice people from this site, but I'm glad you had a great time! We had a fantastic vacation too!

Hello All!
We arrived home safely today. We spent the afternoon at the beach on a cute little island (Amelia) and headed home after that. It was a LONG ride - but thankfully the kids did excellent again - couldn't have asked for better behaved children for that long of a trip. I did tell DH that any trip that we take over 3 hours - will have to be a flight from now on - it was exhausting to Cori4disney and DH to do all the driving (they rented the van and were the only 2 that could drive).

I certainly enjoyed getting to meet everyone - and hope to continue to chat with everyone.

We did not book again on the cruise - but will get together with another NEW travel agent and will book again for 2 years (and include air fare...and all the other little goodies - and I'm still not going to the park!)

guardwife - give me a holler - I have a great photo of you and your family that i will send to you!

Hope to hear from everyone real soon that you arrived safely home!

I'm so sorry that I didn't get to meet you all, though we were lucky enough to be able to sit with Travelwithkids :) I was at Scoops before the sail away party with my pin on but once the party got going I was up on the stage dancing away :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

We had a wonderful time and are thinking of doing it again next year with my new husband and his two kids, though we'll see if finances will allow us to do so.

It's so hard to come down from this trip!!! My kids are with their dad this weekend and I'm looking at our suitcases pondering when I'm gonna get off my you know what and unpack!!

Hope you all had a great time! :wave: :wave:

Thanks to everyone for making this trip as much fun as it could be. All of your hints and suggestions helped us to make the most of the trip.

It was great to see those of you who made it to the meet and for those of you who didn't, I am sure it was because you were having such a great time at the sailaway party.

In our haste to pack on the last night, we accidentally packed all of Ryan's shoes in the regular luggage. The poor guy had to wear his socks to breakfast and then off the ship!:crazy:

Maybe we'll see all of you again some day.

:smooth: Oh no! Back to wearing ties!:smooth:

Scott, Julie, Mindy, and Ryan

Goofy601 glad your road trip is over safely and glad everyone else's flights turned out fine.

Hope everyone has some great pictures and memories of the trip.

We got home yesterday morning.:(

I am sorry I missed the meet at Scoops. I was up on stage dancing with my daughter, I couldn't break away from her. She became a dancing queen on this trip! The girl loves to dance!

I did meet Lisa (Goofy601) met her in line at the terminal, and kept running into her all over the place. We were even a few chairs away from each other on Castaway Cay. My Dh was jealous she got a hammock. LOL. Like with 3 kids he could even dream of relaxing on a hammock. Lisa, it was great to meet you, how did your kids like the Kids club? We had to force our kids out of there. I am thinking of pressing kidnapping charges against Disney. LOL. The end of cruise show the kids put on was adorable. Sara-Ann was in the front row, dancing and clapping. Danny was on the floor with the little ones, but he was in the back row, and Patrick was swallowed up by alot of kids.

This was by far the best vacation my kids have ever had. They had a blast! DH wants to do it again, and we really don't even have interest in a 7 day cruise. The 4 day was a perfect amount of time.

Agian, I am sorry I didn't meet everyone. But I thought of you all on the ship, wondering if you were all having as much fun as we were!

We had a great time. It was great to put a face to a name. I would love to go back and experience it again.

Funny story!...We went to Epcot on Thursday. Dh, ds and dd went on a ride and I decided to get a cup of coffee and enjoy the flower show. I ordered the coffee and the very nice lady told I owed her $2. (and some odd cents). I must of looked confused because she repeated it. I, being in shock that I was back to reality, said "Oh, I have to pay." By this time I had two cast members asking me for the money!! I explained that I just walked off the DCL and onto the Epcot grounds (via a short drip in our van). They were very nice and waited for me to give them their $$ before they gave me my coffee.

Our ride home was ok--very long--but uneventful. I keep thinking that someday dh will get tired of driving and decide to fly.

It was great to meet all of you and I am sure I will see you all on the boards in the future.

Lee

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter