Will MLB have to abandoned the shortened season?

Yes. For sure. Watching the total lack of social distancing in the dugouts over the past few days with both of our teams here in Chicago was ridiculous. Was also supposed to be no high-fiving, plenty was done. Spitting was supposed to not be done, plenty of that also. The players/teams are not following their own rules they agreed to.

I'd be amazed if they make it to August.
No spitting?! What's next, no crotch grabbing?

What is amazing to me, this far into the pandemic, is that these groups, MLB, NBA, NFL, Colleges, states, theme parks seem kind of surprised/perplexed by these outbreaks that they're seeing. Have we not all caught on to the idea yet that SarsCoV2 is incredibly contagious? Why would MLB think that they could move these teams with huge staffs around the country, coming into contact with hotel staff, restaurant staff, transportation staff, and all of the other people they come into contact with....that it would all go well? I'm just baffled by it, I truly am.

What is amazing to me, this far into the pandemic, is that these groups, MLB, NBA, NFL, Colleges, states, theme parks seem kind of surprised/perplexed by these outbreaks that they're seeing. Have we not all caught on to the idea yet that SarsCoV2 is incredibly contagious? Why would MLB think that they could move these teams with huge staffs around the country, coming into contact with hotel staff, restaurant staff, transportation staff, and all of the other people they come into contact with....that it would all go well? I'm just baffled by it, I truly am.
It's actually not that complicated a decision for either professional or college sports.

They have to choose between exposing their players and staff to potentially career-ending illness (or life-ending, especially for some of the older managers and coaches) -- OR...whatever TV revenue they can salvage.

It's just a matter of priorities.

Oooohhhh, Jeopardy rules?

What is Hubris Alex?

It's very simple, people are putting profits over lives. There is no other credible explanation.

I believe I read that if the nba didn’t continue they were potentially out 900 million in marketing revenue. :scared:

I'm not surprised at any of this. I think I was more surprised when I heard that they were planning on playing. I mean, what part of "wear a mask, don't get closer than 6' apart, and avoid crowds" actually fits with organized sports? Unfortunately, it's all about the money. I dread seeing what happens when colleges, universities, and public schools go back into session.

I think calling 3 cases an outbreak is dramatic.

I think the season will be cancelled in about two weeks.

I believe the NBA should have a chance to finish since they were so far deep into their season. All other sports that didn’t start should just cancel the season and wait for next year. No need to start something that most likely will get cancelled.

ETA: ****as of this morning they were at 3 positives. (The news station I was watching said 3) Now it’s 12. Wow.

By definition, even 3 cases can be considered an outbreak.

If professional sports can have outbreaks that disrupt schedules, just imagine what college sports could be like with less oversight of precautions.

I want to know why only the coaches had on face coverings in the dugouts.
Which teams? Cubs and Brewers both had masks on in the dugout when they weren't playing. Plus Anthony Rizzo was passing out hand sanitizer at First Base. Now Fauci wasn't wearing a mask while sitting with his wife and a friend in the stands. I can see no mask with his wife, but not his friend.

MLB should do what MLS did: kick the Marlins out. Let the teams that are practicing good behavior continue. If another team ends up with the positives like the Marlins, kick them out too. I know it will lead to unbalanced schedules, but all of 2020 will have a huge asterisk anyway.

But MLS is single entity, and can make those kind of rules, while MLB has individual owners and the CBA. So I don't know if legally they can do something like that.

Which teams? Cubs and Brewers both had masks on in the dugout when they weren't playing. Plus Anthony Rizzo was passing out hand sanitizer at First Base. Now Fauci wasn't wearing a mask while sitting with his wife and a friend in the stands. I can see no mask with his wife, but not his friend.
Fauci was long debunked and explained, though I am not surprised people are still trying to make it a thing. :rolleyes:
I didn't see any players with their faces covered. Yeah, the golden boy of the Cubs handed out some hand sanitizer...la di da.

Yes. For sure. Watching the total lack of social distancing in the dugouts over the past few days with both of our teams here in Chicago was ridiculous. Was also supposed to be no high-fiving, plenty was done. Spitting was supposed to not be done, plenty of that also. The players/teams are not following their own rules they agreed to.

I'd be amazed if they make it to August.

I said the same thing to my husband while watching the Phillies/Marlins game. He was excited for baseball so I watched. Spitting, high fives and only a few players wearing masks on the field or in the dugout. The news report I saw here on a Philly news station said the Marlins knew a few players were showing symptoms before the 1st game. I love baseball, I never missed my grandsons games while he was growing up, I was a coach, but nothing is worth playing a game and risking your life or anyone else's. I predict a shortened season.

Dr Fauci was drinking when he removed his mask. It was a "gotcha!" photo.

I watched all three games and some players had masks on and some did not (on both teams). The managers and coaches all had masks on.

Rizzo passing out hand sanitizer was hilarious. I <3 him.

Fauci was outdoors, clearly no one was around his actual party, and there were a total of three.

With that being said, he should have known there would be dozens if not hundreds of cameras on him and acted accordingly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter