Will MLB have to abandoned the shortened season?

What confuses me is ALL sports shut down mid March when Covid was just getting started. So WHY is MLB back when Covid is still going strong and obviously players and others affiliated are not always following new protocol?????
Rome needs its "bread & circuses."

Do you realize playing sports is some people’s job or do you just not care?
It's not their job, it's their career. And particularly on the Marlins, you have a lot of young players just starting their careers.

What happens if they get sick and end up with long-term respiratory problems? That could be the end of their careers.

To me (a Marlins fan), this whole mess strikes me as being much more about maintaining the league's lucrative TV contracts. I think it's much more about that than about protecting players and staff, or the salaries they earn. It's about the revenue to the billionaire owners.

It's not their job, it's their career. And particularly on the Marlins, you have a lot of young players just starting their careers.

What happens if they get sick and end up with long-term respiratory problems? That could be the end of their careers.

To me (a Marlins fan), this whole mess strikes me as being much more about maintaining the league's lucrative TV contracts. I think it's much more about that than about protecting players and staff, or the salaries they earn. It's about the revenue to the billionaire owners.

I haven’t been following MLB besides what’s on ESPN. Do you know what’s happening to all the players in the minors?

Not to be disrespectful to you but these players (pros) hopefully have some money set aside for rainy days. I know a lot of regular folks that are trying to get by without a job or cut hours and wages. :(

The implication you just made that someone’s job doesn’t matter as much because they make a lot it very pretentious.

A first year player in MLB could be counting on this. If mlb doesn’t open up, minor league will continue to delay as well:(((( a lot of those players are “regular folks”

Yeah you’re right- regular folks jobs matter- a “regular folk” might be cleaning for MLB games or working on the filming crew. The economy is an interwoven web. Don’t worry, you weren’t disrespectful to me because your argument was small minded

Please teach me how letting them catch covid for our mere entertainment is caring is because I seem to be deluding myself otherwise.

Teach how you should be the one deciding if they have a job or not?

I’m a teacher I want to go back I had Covid. My mother with lungs working at 60% capacity had Covid and wants to go back to work plenty do. I hate all sports- I care about the pursuit of happiness and right to work. Assuming they will catch Covid from simply playing a sport is a pretty big assumption. My husband has been on 5 vacations this summer one to Disney and didn’t get it.

Lol. This post is too funny. Disney ESPN doesn't want the season cancelled. Too much money at stake for everyone.

I haven’t been following MLB besides what’s on ESPN. Do you know what’s happening to all the players in the minors?
No. I haven't been following it either. I know they expanded MLB rosters to 60 players, but I don't think the minors are playing at all.

The implication you just made that someone’s job doesn’t matter as much because they make a lot it very pretentious.

A first year player in MLB could be counting on this. If mlb doesn’t open up, minor league will continue to delay as well:(((( a lot of those players are “regular folks”

Yeah you’re right- regular folks jobs matter- a “regular folk” might be cleaning for MLB games or working on the filming crew. The economy is an interwoven web. Don’t worry, you weren’t disrespectful to me because your argument was small minded

I didn't imply anything in my post to you about anyone's jobs (pro or regular folks) doesn't matter. Please quote me and bold where I even suggested that???

Well, my father who passed away years ago, had a 32 year career with and for MLB as a scout. I can't imagine how the scouts are making a living with minimal/no high school and/or college games being played. So whoever mentioned the interwoven economic effects with MLB playing this year is spot-on.

I didn't imply anything in my post to you about anyone's jobs (pro or regular folks) doesn't matter. Please quote me and bold where I even suggested that???
Milb is a no go. All players furloughed. Manfred at the end of 2020 cut the legs of 42 minor league teams completely. The entire New York Penn league short season A ball put out of business. Several teams from the AA Eastern Leauge also put out of business.

Minor leauge ball is gone for 2020. At the end of 2020 the MLB players can strike. Count on it. Manfred is not well liked by anyone ....even his own mother.

Not to be disrespectful to you but these players (pros) hopefully have some money set aside for rainy days. I know a lot of regular folks that are trying to get by without a job or cut hours and wages. :(

There would be more than the athletes out of work without pro sports and many of those people would have money set aside for a rainy day.

Interesting, so now since the Marlins fiasco, MLB is going to require a compliance baby-sitter to be with each team to make sure the players are doing the right thing the rest of the season (however long that turns out to be). It's a shame that's needed. It's also a shame the Marlins didn't have one sooner - they really needed an adult in the room to help with their bad decision making in this whole thing. The Marlins managed to mess up even more a rather messed-up attempt by MLB to play 1/3rd of a season with no fans - and that took some doing.

One more Marlins player has tested positive, so that's a total of 19...17 players and two staff members.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter