Will MLB have to abandoned the shortened season?

I've seen reports with as high as 14 Marlins testing positive. I think the season is over. There is no justification for playing in front of cardboard cutouts except TV contract revenues.
All I am going to say is those cut out's are funny. Baseball was on on the work tv and we all were cracking jokes over them. The best was the cut out of the hot dog vendor. But let us not forget the cheering track. That got giggles also.

Hey. You obviously have never had the amazing wings at the Pink Pussycat Palace. They're to get a lap dance for.... I mean err um I don't even look at the strippers. Just like Hooters. It's all about the wings.........

He should have been quarantined twice as long for his ridiculous excuse.

All I am going to say is those cut out's are funny. Baseball was on on the work tv and we all were cracking jokes over them. The best was the cut out of the hot dog vendor. But let us not forget the cheering track. That got giggles also.

The baseball games I've seen have done a much better job with piped in crowd noise than the NBA has. The NBA atmosphere is very similar to the summer league games. The squeaky sneaker noise is getting old.

I hate the idea of a shortened season to begin with. It’s a game that *requires* the law of averages to take hold over a marathon season.

And starting extra innings with a runner on second...??? Is this Major League Baseball or T-Ball for four year olds?

The hot dog vendor in Oakland is Tom Hanks, who actually did work in Oakland as a hot dog vendor.

Hey. You obviously have never had the amazing wings at the Pink Pussycat Palace. They're to get a lap dance for.... I mean err um I don't even look at the strippers. Just like Hooters. It's all about the wings.........
LOL, no I haven't. But I don't eat wings. My mom grew up on a farm and wings went in the stock pot because there ain't no meat there. So if she wasn't making stock, the wings went in the trash.

Team sports is challenging with puffing and panting in close proximity. It's a prime transfer opportunity. One positive person expelling a juicy virus cloud and others inhaling deeply around them...

Outside transfer generally seems harder than indoors, but people catching their breath next to each other is probably the surest route to outdoor spread.

Dr. Fauci said the season shouldn't stop now:

"This could put it in danger," said Fauci, the nation's top infectious disease expert. "I don't believe they need to stop, but we just need to follow this and see what happens with other teams on a day-by-day basis."

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id...ys-marlins-virus-outbreak-endanger-mlb-season
I find this developing story rather fascinating, and sad in so many ways. MLB is saying "we have protocols in place" for this. Well, maybe they do - but are they using them?

Reports from the Marlins side indicate they knew Saturday night/Sunday morning, that they had 4 players with positive COVID results. At least 2 of them had actually played Friday night in the game. If any of us had knowingly been exposed that closely to multiple people with COVID, we would have been told to quarantine for 10-14 days, and monitor how we feel - but stay AWAY from work and other people. What did the Marlins do? The PLAYERS had a group text, and one of them decided they should play anyway, and the rest blindly followed along. Of course professional players are going to want to play - they can't be trusted to make the right decision! Where was MLB in all this?

How in the world is that a protocol designed to protect the other players on the field? Well, it's not.....

I find this developing story rather fascinating, and sad in so many ways. MLB is saying "we have protocols in place" for this. Well, maybe they do - but are they using them?

Reports from the Marlins side indicate they knew Saturday night/Sunday morning, that they had 4 players with positive COVID results. At least 2 of them had actually played Friday night in the game. If any of us had knowingly been exposed that closely to multiple people with COVID, we would have been told to quarantine for 10-14 days, and monitor how we feel - but stay AWAY from work and other people. What did the Marlins do? The PLAYERS had a group text, and one of them decided they should play anyway, and the rest blindly followed along. Of course professional players are going to want to play - they can't be trusted to make the right decision! Where was MLB in all this?

How in the world is that a protocol designed to protect the other players on the field? Well, it's not.....
Let's hope that all of MLB learned from this. They ignored their protocols. IMO, the Marlins should have to forfeit those games that they cannot play.

What confuses me is ALL sports shut down mid March when Covid was just getting started. So WHY is MLB back when Covid is still going strong and obviously players and others affiliated are not always following new protocol?????

What confuses me is ALL sports shut down mid March when Covid was just getting started. So WHY is MLB back when Covid is still going strong and obviously players and others affiliated are not always following new protocol?????
I guess it was assumed that well paid athletes would follow protocol to get play and get paid :confused3. I did notice that more Cubs players were wearing masks at yesterday's game.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter