WWYD? Some cruisy options

Keeping cost differences in mind, which would you do?

• Disney Fantasy

• Disney Wonder

• RCCL Explorer

Results are only viewable after voting.
Firstly let me reassure you that I think you can't go wrong with any of those cruises! I am assuming that this is for Dec 2013?

I've cruised many other lines but not RCL. I've only heard good things about it though. Assuming that all are affordable, I would go on the Fantasy. Especially as it is cheaper than the wonder? Also...I will be on that particular cruise! :cool1::cool1: Is that incentive enough? :lmao:

As for other options, I'm pretty sure that by that time, the new NCL ship the Breakaway will be in action. She sails out of NYC and she looks awesome. The waterslides are tipped to be the best of any cruiseship. I'll go hunting for the pics. Be back soon!

I have a great TA, pm me and I will give you her details..been using her for ten years and she's awesome

The Fantasy is a gorgeous ship. We just had 2 weeks onboard with 2 interconnecting rooms. Fabulous!! :)

I love the look of so many of the Disney 2012 itineraries. They seem to have dropped so many of them for 2013! No sailings out of NY for eg.

Dang, I stuffed up!!

It's Fantasy that's $7,000, and Wonder that's $5,500.

How does that change people's thoughts?? Lol!

Dang, I stuffed up!!

It's Fantasy that's $7,000, and Wonder that's $5,500.

How does that change people's thoughts?? Lol!

The Wonder is out of Galveston then does that make a difference to your plans?

Shushh your doing the Fantasy on the 21st is that what you meant? we are looking at the one on the 14th.

Shushh your doing the Fantasy on the 21st is that what you meant? we are looking at the one on the 14th.

I guess yes and no... we'd need to fly in from NY I would say. Fantasy is getting my vote so far though. Would love to look at the 14th sailing (because it's so much cheaper, lol) but don't think I can fit my WDW and NY plans in with that (want to do the cruise last, so that I don't have to do any part of my 'land' travel with the room spinning etc).

...Unless we went NY (say, Thanksgivingish-2 Dec), WDW (2-14 Dec), cruise...
3974914884.gif

Don't you hate just checking out the Doubletree Times Square site and they have THE ROOMS YOU WANT FOR $169/NIGHT but unfortunately they're a year out. :lmao: (Was just trying to get a feel for prices, you can't book Nov/Dec there yet!)

Thanksgiving this year! You need to choose "flexible dates", then put in a three or four night stay from around the 20th of November (I didn't look for anything longer). You'll see you can choose between a stay at $169/night or a stay at $800+/night depending on exact dates. Choose wisely :rotfl2:

Don't tempt me, I have been toying with flights as well, "just to get a feel" I can fly Syd-NYc on qantas for 1552 over that time period. But I really can't go this year.

Thanksgiving this year! You need to choose "flexible dates", then put in a three or four night stay from around the 20th of November (I didn't look for anything longer). You'll see you can choose between a stay at $169/night or a stay at $800+/night depending on exact dates. Choose wisely :rotfl2:

I was looking at that last week trying to price dates over Christmas and i was quite shocked at how cheap it was i hope that's the prices for Dec 2013 as well ;)
Sooo tempting for this year unfortunately my bank account wont allow another trip this year but i could swing an airfare for 1 on points i don't imagine i would be to popular though :lmao:

WAMUMOF4 said:

Yes we will be on the Dec 21 2013 Fantasy cruise :)

Due to the Fantasy now being $7000, I am going to vote for the Royal Caribbean ship.
We are cruising the Fantasy during hurricane season next year and it seems the cost is roughly half of what it'll cost to cruise over Xmas. The seasonal price hikes on Disney ships are just too steep IMO.

It's funny, but looking at the RCCL/NY trip online I think, "yeah that looks nice", looking at the Disney Fantasy trip online I think, "woot - check out those gorgeous staterooms", and then looking at other Disney stuff/New York online I go, "OMG I'M HAVING HEART PALPITATIONS FROM AWESOMENESS!".

With that in mind, I'm not sure a cruise is important enough to me lol, especially when I priced up so many of our land options last night to get an idea, and compared. Bang for buck, I don't think a cruise is what I'm really looking for after all!

It's funny, but looking at the RCCL/NY trip online I think, "yeah that looks nice", looking at the Disney Fantasy trip online I think, "woot - check out those gorgeous staterooms", and then looking at other Disney stuff/New York online I go, "OMG I'M HAVING HEART PALPITATIONS FROM AWESOMENESS!".

With that in mind, I'm not sure a cruise is important enough to me lol, especially when I priced up so many of our land options last night to get an idea, and compared. Bang for buck, I don't think a cruise is what I'm really looking for after all!

Cruises are definately pricey ;)
With that in mind I wouldn't want to do one if there was a good chance the weather was going to be cool and crappy ;)

I loved our Western Caribbean and would love to do The Eastern also, but a cruise next year for us is out of the question I think, and that is the only one i'm interested in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter