*** Yay May! OFFICIAL MAY 2020 THREAD!!! Flowers are starting to bloom! ***

Today is our 90 day date for Club FP so I called up from work just now and got those all set up, what a relief! We did three days worth, MK, DHS, and a split AK/Epcot day. Problem is that AK/Epcot day was booked for the wrong day because I was distracted by a co-worker who needed something and accidentally told the DSS CM the wrong date. I'll get it sorted this weekend.

I just wanted to thank @Tessaf for suggesting we do it after all, it was not really on our radar until DHS turned into a hot mess with the tiers. 5/4 had me really worried and it was worth the peace of mind. On our 60 day mark we will "fill in the blanks" as wanted. I hope everybody waiting on 60 to start booking FP is successful and gets everything you need!

Today is our 90 day date for Club FP so I called up from work just now and got those all set up, what a relief! We did three days worth, MK, DHS, and a split AK/Epcot day. Problem is that AK/Epcot day was booked for the wrong day because I was distracted by a co-worker who needed something and accidentally told the DSS CM the wrong date. I'll get it sorted this weekend.

I just wanted to thank @Tessaf for suggesting we do it after all, it was not really on our radar until DHS turned into a hot mess with the tiers. 5/4 had me really worried and it was worth the peace of mind. On our 60 day mark we will "fill in the blanks" as wanted. I hope everybody waiting on 60 to start booking FP is successful and gets everything you need!

That is awesome!! Im so glad you got what you wanted! It’s like a weight lifted off your shoulders!
I definitely need to look into CL for a trip later this year!

I'm not TOO worried about the 60 day mark, though I'm sure I'll be anxious as it's happening (I might even go into work late that day as I obsessively move things around). But I'm jealous of your CL FPs! It would be nice to have something locked in at this point. As I said earlier in this thread, you might as well do it just for peace of mind. Glad it went well

That is awesome!! Im so glad you got what you wanted! It’s like a weight lifted off your shoulders!
I definitely need to look into CL for a trip later this year!

I'm not TOO worried about the 60 day mark, though I'm sure I'll be anxious as it's happening (I might even go into work late that day as I obsessively move things around). But I'm jealous of your CL FPs! It would be nice to have something locked in at this point. As I said earlier in this thread, you might as well do it just for peace of mind. Glad it went well

It really is a weight off! I did have to shuffle a couple of ADRs around but it was so worth it. Now the only thing we have to worry about is getting a boarding group for ROTR but we have multiple days for opportunities if it goes wrong on 5/4, and I've been "practicing" at home on the app.

I'll be honest, I never thought we'd ever do CL because it's so expensive, but the AP discount we got was insanely good and put it squarely in our budget. I don't know if we'll ever get the opportunity again so might as well yolo and treat ourselves.

It really is a weight off! I did have to shuffle a couple of ADRs around but it was so worth it. Now the only thing we have to worry about is getting a boarding group for ROTR but we have multiple days for opportunities if it goes wrong on 5/4, and I've been "practicing" at home on the app.

I'll be honest, I never thought we'd ever do CL because it's so expensive, but the AP discount we got was insanely good and put it squarely in our budget. I don't know if we'll ever get the opportunity again so might as well yolo and treat ourselves.

Indeed. Since you had CL anyway, you might as well take advantage of the extra perks.

And I agree that the BG situation is causing me stress, mostly because I'd rather have all of my planning done before we're in the parks. But I've been practicing at home and I'm assuming we'll get SOMETHING even if it's not ideal. Then just hope the ride is running. I'd like to make it happen on 5/3 because that's our Epcot day and is the easiest to hop to from there, but we have a backup if necessary. I do hope they keep the 8:00 opening though - even if we have to get there earlier than probably anyone else in my family wants to, the option to still RD Epcot would be a big plus.

I’m so glad it brought a little relief for HS! We are 6 days away from booking our CL FP’s and I’m looking forward to some HS peace of mind too!

Yay for getting FP's booked! Always nice to beat the crowds to the FP selections. Now, if only you could use a CL selection on RotR and avoid that mess...haha :)

Yay for getting FP's booked! Always nice to beat the crowds to the FP selections. Now, if only you could use a CL selection on RotR and avoid that mess...haha :)

If only! I seriously doubt it will go to FP before our trip though, given the reliability issues it has. I’d drop Slinky Dog in a heartbeat for it though. (Not Mickey & Minnie. I love those dang cartoons!)

If only! I seriously doubt it will go to FP before our trip though, given the reliability issues it has. I’d drop Slinky Dog in a heartbeat for it though. (Not Mickey & Minnie. I love those dang cartoons!)
Ha, no, I know it won't go to FP before May, just saying that for CL pricing, it'd be nice if you had that option Perk. I know the rest of us schmoes that only get 60 days to make our FP selections, RotR would not be available.

Indeed. Since you had CL anyway, you might as well take advantage of the extra perks.

And I agree that the BG situation is causing me stress, mostly because I'd rather have all of my planning done before we're in the parks. But I've been practicing at home and I'm assuming we'll get SOMETHING even if it's not ideal. Then just hope the ride is running. I'd like to make it happen on 5/3 because that's our Epcot day and is the easiest to hop to from there, but we have a backup if necessary. I do hope they keep the 8:00 opening though - even if we have to get there earlier than probably anyone else in my family wants to, the option to still RD Epcot would be a big plus.

We're also hoping to do it on our Epcot daynwith our Hollywood Studios day as back up (or second timebto ride). I'm nervous about it overlapping other plans. I've read they've been good about helping with moving ADRs or Fastpasses but I feel like the spontaneity with boarding groups is so opposite everything else. However we wouldn't be able to ride if it was any other way since with little kids we couldn't wait in a 6 hr line and our stay is probably too short to get Fastpasses.

Holy price increase Batman! If you do not have your tickets yet - run to Undercover Tourist or Tickets at Work or your favorite savings site o_O
My 8 day PH (5/4 start date) went up over $100 PER ticket. Disney has my ticket at $644.05 (taxes included), UCT has them at $541.76. That is a $102.21 difference. UCT will sell them until they run out of the old stock (someone said they called and were told they will last a couple of days), so buy them and tell your friends going this year to buy them asap

Some friends and family call me crazy but I am glad I plan so far in advance. I got ours when VistitOrlando had their Black Friday-CyberMonday sale was going on so I saved $20 on the UCT price and $122.12 on the Disney price.

On a happier note- I am so glad the calendar seems to be updated and now there is a MK and a DHS PM EMH while we are there. Love the parks at night :)

Last edited:
Change of plans (again). I've been stalking Undercover Tourist for more hotel deals and just couldn't ignore the great rate at CSR. At first I added half a week split stay but then just couldn't get over the fact that I could switch to the whole week at CSR and save an additional $200 ($700 from my original reservation at POFQ)...reading recent reviews of Three Bridges Bar & Grill and Toledo sealed the deal...so now we're headed back to CSR for the full week. (Definitely going to swing through POFQ for some beignets though)...maybe take the boat over from Disney Springs some day.

I’ve been tinkering with ADRs all day
Holy price increase Batman! If you do not have your tickets yet - run to Undercover Tourist or Tickets at Work or your favorite savings site o_O
My 8 day PH (5/4 start date) went up over $100 PER ticket. Disney has my ticket at $644.05 (taxes included), UCT has them at $541.76. That is a $102.21 difference. UCT will sell them until they run out of the old stock (someone said they called and were told they will last a couple of days), so buy them and tell your friends going this year to buy them asap

Some friends and family call me crazy but I am glad I plan so far in advance. I got ours when VistitOrlando had their Black Friday-CyberMonday sale was going on so I saved $20 on the UCT price and $122.12 on the Disney price.

On a happier note- I am so glad the calendar seems to be updated and now there is a MK and a DHS PM EMH while we are there. Love the parks at night :)

Ticket prices usually go up in February, so not too surprised by this. I have an AP but I made sure my gf bought her 10 day hopper ticket back when Disney had the Canadian resident discount over the holidays. Her ticket was 20% off!

Looks like I’m going to have to look around and see what the best deal is now. I’m kicking myself for waiting because I knew this was coming. Oh well.

Change of plans (again). I've been stalking Undercover Tourist for more hotel deals and just couldn't ignore the great rate at CSR. At first I added half a week split stay but then just couldn't get over the fact that I could switch to the whole week at CSR and save an additional $200 ($700 from my original reservation at POFQ)...reading recent reviews of Three Bridges Bar & Grill and Toledo sealed the deal...so now we're headed back to CSR for the full week. (Definitely going to swing through POFQ for some beignets though)...maybe take the boat over from Disney Springs some day.

I just stayed there a few weeks ago!! We just spent a weekend there but I absolutely loved the resort! We had a preferred king room in Casitas building 3, its the furthest preferred building from the main area and the walk still wasn’t more than 2minutes. The room was great also! Three bridges is so awesome! You’re going to love it! I want to go back and stay a full week there.

I just stayed there a few weeks ago!! We just spent a weekend there but I absolutely loved the resort! We had a preferred king room in Casitas building 3, its the furthest preferred building from the main area and the walk still wasn’t more than 2minutes. The room was great also! Three bridges is so awesome! You’re going to love it! I want to go back and stay a full week there.
That is great to hear! It's tough not to second guess myself...but I do think I made the right choice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter