• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*** Yay May! OFFICIAL MAY 2020 THREAD!!! Flowers are starting to bloom! ***

Okay our FP day is coming up next week and I had a sudden moment of panic. We're doing a split stay, which I haven't really done before. Both portions are onsite and booked through DVC. We should be able to get FPs for the whole trip starting 60 days out from our first check-in, right?? Or will we have two separate FP days, one for the first leg and one for the second??

Joining the thread! My annual conference for work is at Coronado Springs this year. Flying in on the evening of May 11th. Hitting up the parks all day on May 12th, then in the evenings after the conference on the 13th and 14th.

Okay our FP day is coming up next week and I had a sudden moment of panic. We're doing a split stay, which I haven't really done before. Both portions are onsite and booked through DVC. We should be able to get FPs for the whole trip starting 60 days out from our first check-in, right?? Or will we have two separate FP days, one for the first leg and one for the second??
I'm not entirely sure how that works. Did you tie all the park tickets to the first resort? If so, then you should have just 1 60 day fastpass day. See the FP section on here - https://mickeyblog.com/2019/01/22/booking-a-split-stay-during-your-walt-disney-world-vacation/

Our FP day is a week from today. So I'm doing some more research, checking TP to see what's available as if this were my week. Availability seems pretty good across the board, which is good news. The only slight issue seems to be HS (what else is new?) I think we decided on MFSR and MMRR, while skipping/standby/same day FP for Slinky (my daughter isn't big on coasters so if we HAD to miss one, this would probably be it). On our last day, we'll need to leave by lunchtime or so to get to the airport. When I check FP times at 60+6 (which is what it would be for us) and above, TP doesn't show any time available for either of these rides before about 10:45 am. And this currently goes up to 5/5, which is 70 days from now. Are they really all booked for the morning hours or are they just not starting FP times until a little bit later? Slinky shows times starting around 9:50 for the same days. Just curious. We can make it work (that FP on departure day is the first one I'm trying for next week) but it seems odd to me.

What are your thoughts here about the Coronavirus and our upcoming trips in May? Since it’s about 2 months away. I’m starting to get nervous about it but not letting it affect my plans. I’m just nervous in the fact that I’m going to be going to a place where thousands of people from all over the world will be together in one place. But I also do not like to live in fear and I really don’t want to cancel our trip or miss out on going because of fear that something might happen.

Hello everyone,
I am new here and maaaaay have gone through and read this entire thread between yesterday and today. It was not my most productive day, except for in the area of disney planning (which is all that REALLY matters!). We are officially booked for our trip from May 17-May 23 staying at the Boardwalk Inn and I am beyond excited. It is technically for my husband's 40th birthday on May 13th, but I think I am more excited than he is. I am also MUCH more of the planner. We originally planned to stay POFQ, but when I was booking it weirdly said there were no rooms, though now they are...but unfortunately for hubby, I got my heart set on Boardwalk now due to the proximity to EPCOT/DHS.

We have only been to Disney World one other time back in 2013 for our honeymoon, but then our financial situation was VERY different and we stayed offsite. (We have been to Disneyland LOTS of times living just a few hours away in California.) I can remember on that visit walking down the Boardwalk and thinking it would be amazing to stay there some day...soooo our some day has come!!:)

Looking forward to planning with you all as we count down the day to May!

What are your thoughts here about the Coronavirus and our upcoming trips in May? Since it’s about 2 months away. I’m starting to get nervous about it but not letting it affect my plans. I’m just nervous in the fact that I’m going to be going to a place where thousands of people from all over the world will be together in one place. But I also do not like to live in fear and I really don’t want to cancel our trip or miss out on going because of fear that something might happen.
I've been following some other threads regarding travel concerns and the coronavirus. For me, personally, I am not worried about our May WDW trip. The cases are largely confined to China and other areas with outbreaks have some quarantines in place so it's unlikely (not impossible, but unlikely) that someone from those areas would be able to make it to WDW. At this point the threat of catching Covid-19 at WDW is lower than the regular flu so I'm fine with taking my normal sanitary precautions by washing my hands obsessively and wiping down surfaces.

But I'm also a healthy young adult with a strong immune system. My concerns may not be the same as others and everyone has a right to protect their health in whatever way is best for them and their families.

I've been following some other threads regarding travel concerns and the coronavirus. For me, personally, I am not worried about our May WDW trip. The cases are largely confined to China and other areas with outbreaks have some quarantines in place so it's unlikely (not impossible, but unlikely) that someone from those areas would be able to make it to WDW. At this point the threat of catching Covid-19 at WDW is lower than the regular flu so I'm fine with taking my normal sanitary precautions by washing my hands obsessively and wiping down surfaces.

But I'm also a healthy young adult with a strong immune system. My concerns may not be the same as others and everyone has a right to protect their health in whatever way is best for them and their families.
I agree with everything you said, thanks for the reply! I have been planning this trip for 11 months and I just don’t want to cancel, especially because I’m taking someone who has never been to Disney World before. I don’t want to cancel over a what if scenario, on the chance that something could happen. Like I said I don’t want to live in fear and would rather go have the experience.

Our FP day is a week from today. So I'm doing some more research, checking TP to see what's available as if this were my week. Availability seems pretty good across the board, which is good news. The only slight issue seems to be HS (what else is new?) I think we decided on MFSR and MMRR, while skipping/standby/same day FP for Slinky (my daughter isn't big on coasters so if we HAD to miss one, this would probably be it). On our last day, we'll need to leave by lunchtime or so to get to the airport. When I check FP times at 60+6 (which is what it would be for us) and above, TP doesn't show any time available for either of these rides before about 10:45 am. And this currently goes up to 5/5, which is 70 days from now. Are they really all booked for the morning hours or are they just not starting FP times until a little bit later? Slinky shows times starting around 9:50 for the same days. Just curious. We can make it work (that FP on departure day is the first one I'm trying for next week) but it seems odd to me.

From what I saw when booking the CL FP on the phone with DSS, for DHS and AK both parks did not start FPs right at park opening so we had to book on the half hour mark or a bit later. DSS don't pull from any sort of super secret pool of FPs either AFAIK, so I think it's safe to say that's just the practice now considering this was at 90 days when everything was wide open.

Ever since Deni posted about F&G menus I have been daydreaming about snacking around the world! It's one of our favorite things to do around Epcot. Work has been super busy for me lately and I finally have a day off, so I think I might make a list of all the selections I want to try.

I also found out I have to drive out of town for a meeting the day we our FP+ window opens, but I thiiiiiink I should still be able to book them and make it to my meeting on time. I just have my fingers crossed for smooth bookings that morning!!

I agree with everything you said, thanks for the reply! I have been planning this trip for 11 months and I just don’t want to cancel, especially because I’m taking someone who has never been to Disney World before. I don’t want to cancel over a what if scenario, on the chance that something could happen. Like I said I don’t want to live in fear and would rather go have the experience.
there's a research hospital an hour away from me getting ready to start a clinical trial test for treating the virus. I don't get too worked up about the global diseases, etc, but it's at least comforting to know they should have something working soon to cure that catastrophe.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,
I am new here and maaaaay have gone through and read this entire thread between yesterday and today. It was not my most productive day, except for in the area of disney planning (which is all that REALLY matters!). We are officially booked for our trip from May 17-May 23 staying at the Boardwalk Inn and I am beyond excited. It is technically for my husband's 40th birthday on May 13th, but I think I am more excited than he is. I am also MUCH more of the planner. We originally planned to stay POFQ, but when I was booking it weirdly said there were no rooms, though now they are...but unfortunately for hubby, I got my heart set on Boardwalk now due to the proximity to EPCOT/DHS.

We have only been to Disney World one other time back in 2013 for our honeymoon, but then our financial situation was VERY different and we stayed offsite. (We have been to Disneyland LOTS of times living just a few hours away in California.) I can remember on that visit walking down the Boardwalk and thinking it would be amazing to stay there some day...soooo our some day has come!!:)

Looking forward to planning with you all as we count down the day to May!
Welcome! I'll be at Pop from the 16th to 22nd, so we're overlapping most of our trip! I also started planning a 40th birthday trip for myself for next January, lol.

I think with the craziness of Hollywood Studios right now and the unreliability of buses, especially if you're looking forward to the Rise of the Resistance, Boardwalk will be an excellent place to stay as you can rely on your own 2 feet to get you to the park on time. Nothing I hate more than having to rely on the buses. seems to take forever.

From what I saw when booking the CL FP on the phone with DSS, for DHS and AK both parks did not start FPs right at park opening so we had to book on the half hour mark or a bit later. DSS don't pull from any sort of super secret pool of FPs either AFAIK, so I think it's safe to say that's just the practice now considering this was at 90 days when everything was wide open.

This is good info, thanks. I was thinking it was what you said anyway, which is that they don't have them starting that early. Seems like I'll take whichever one is earlier on our last day to make sure we're done in time. If the other day ends up being later in afternoon, that's fine, since we'll be there all day.

It's in the back of my mind as a sort of "doomsday" scenario. But as of now, I can't worry too much about this as an eventuality. We'll have to see how things are going as we get closer but hopefully there will be some progress on containing it at some point in the near future.

That does kinda make sense. Give the rides some time to clear out the ropedrop scene, though not all ropedroppers will be through by the time the first fastpasses come up.

@Roscoe18, i'm sure you've seen elsewhere people say that they've gotten FP's earlier in the day when the park hours change, so just keep an eye out to see if they change the park hours between the time you book and the trip. I'm in the same boat as you, doing another HS half day and having to leave around 11:30.

Ever since Deni posted about F&G menus I have been daydreaming about snacking around the world! It's one of our favorite things to do around Epcot. Work has been super busy for me lately and I finally have a day off, so I think I might make a list of all the selections I want to try.

I also found out I have to drive out of town for a meeting the day we our FP+ window opens, but I thiiiiiink I should still be able to book them and make it to my meeting on time. I just have my fingers crossed for smooth bookings that morning!!

If you guys don't already have the Food&Wine app, definitely download it! idk if it's available on Android but I have it on iOS and it's a godsend, you can see all the menus, make wishlists, rate what you had and see other users' ratings, filter your map based on your lists, etc. They just updated for F&G 2020 also.

Speaking of which, topiaries are starting to go up!!! It's getting real!!!!

https://blogmickey.com/2020/02/flow...luding-new-look-for-peter-pan-and-tinker-bell

If you guys don't already have the Food&Wine app, definitely download it! idk if it's available on Android but I have it on iOS and it's a godsend, you can see all the menus, make wishlists, rate what you had and see other users' ratings, filter your map based on your lists, etc. They just updated for F&G 2020 also.

Speaking of which, topiaries are starting to go up!!! It's getting real!!!!

https://blogmickey.com/2020/02/flow...luding-new-look-for-peter-pan-and-tinker-bell

Is it this app?

9CA2343F-9633-44C2-BDAD-E86D27C17B30.jpeg

Welcome! I'll be at Pop from the 16th to 22nd, so we're overlapping most of our trip! I also started planning a 40th birthday trip for myself for next January, lol.

I think with the craziness of Hollywood Studios right now and the unreliability of buses, especially if you're looking forward to the Rise of the Resistance, Boardwalk will be an excellent place to stay as you can rely on your own 2 feet to get you to the park on time. Nothing I hate more than having to rely on the buses. seems to take forever.

Yup, this is EXACTLY why I am sold on Boardwalk. Not only do I loooove the environment, but hubby is a HUGE Starwars junky who even already made a special starwars phone case for our trip!! ROR will be at the TOP of our list of priorities if we can get lucky and get a boarding group!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter