You mean I DO get to go to WDW in 2014?? - Link to TR in post #523

I'm uploading all the pics now. Remy was amazing. I let her in on the secret the night before, and she loved looking forward to it. They went above and beyond, she said it was the best veggie meal she's ever had :)

I'm uploading all the pics now. Remy was amazing. I let her in on the secret the night before, and she loved looking forward to it. They went above and beyond, she said it was the best veggie meal she's ever had :)

Yay! Remy is amazing!

Jill in CO

Oh wow single digits already!?:dance3: Awesome i'm soooo looking forward to hearing about EVERYTHING!!!

Haven't been on FB today, hope everything was okay yesterday.

Yay! Can't wait to hear it!

That's awesome!

Oh wow single digits already!?:dance3: Awesome i'm soooo looking forward to hearing about EVERYTHING!!!

Haven't been on FB today, hope everything was okay yesterday.

OK, now you have me confused. :confused3 All I posted on FB yesterday was about a great harvest from the garden and that we have finally nailed down a time frame in which to move, about a month from now. Other than that everything was fine.

OK, now you have me confused. :confused3 All I posted on FB yesterday was about a great harvest from the garden and that we have finally nailed down a time frame in which to move, about a month from now. Other than that everything was fine.

Sorry I read this
We have had quite an adventurous last couple weeks for any of you following the road trip and if you’re on FB, you know that I had quite a day yesterday
and thought you posted this TODAY :lmao: I was like, must have been a hard day out in your garden!:rotfl2:

Sorry I read this and thought you posted this TODAY :lmao: I was like, must have been a hard day out in your garden!:rotfl2:

That's too funny! I guess I wrote what you read on Sunday since that was the Pixar day. I'm really hoping I have time to write that one up before we leave!

About a month ago, we were lucky enough to have dinner with Bret and his Aunt at the Napa Rose Chef’s Counter. Bret and his aunt booked the seating for us and unbeknownst to us planned on treating us. This was an extra special treat as we would never want anyone to cover our expenses at such an extravagant location.

You have a front and center seat for the chefs to prepare your meal. We ordered off the menu as we have a number of favorite dishes here and didn’t want to be served dishes randomly, instead we wanted to pick and choose.

We started off by splitting their signature pizetta. Prosciutto, Grapes, Caramelized Onions and Cambizola Cheese.

Next were the diver scallops in a lobster sauce. These are always so good.

Next we ordered the Smiling Tiger Salad. This is so good! It’s got spicy beef on the bottom with a tasty salad topped with tempura lobster chunks. All kinds of flavors going on in your mouth, just incredible!

We split the Rack of Lamb, it was very good, but by this time we were pretty full.

I got a dessert, and Fran didn’t even want to help me with it! I believe it was the Warm Manjara Chocolate Truffle Cake with Salted Caramel Ice Cream. I didn’t need any help it was sooooo good!

After dinner Bret’s Aunt went back to the room. Her pass was blocked out that day, but the three of us went to the Bug’s Life Theater to see the preview for

Then we went over to the Disneyana Shop where Fran purchased a whole bunch of paintings. She said that she had waited long enough and so any that were still in stock were fair game for her. They were in the steampunk style and will go nicely with the figures that she bought back in March. I think we made it home somewhere around midnight that night!

Great fun! Thanks Bret and Fae!

I'm so glad she was elated! :thumbsup2

Fun night at Napa Rose Alison. Nice treat too. Very cool of Bret. The food looks delicious. Can't wait to go back to Napa. I also want to try Steakhouse 55.

What a wonderful evening! I had those scallops (which I will talk about eventually in my TR!) and they were divine!

Jill in CO

How nice of them! And boy does it look fantastic.

So has the Bug's Life Theater been doing previews there for a while now, or is this the first preview they've done? It's actually a great idea.

What a great evening, and so nice to be treated!

We just saw the preview at HS, I can't wait for the movie!!! Mom is convinced Maleficent was in love with the king and then was spurned.

Lovely pictures from your dinner with Bret at Napa Rose. I'm drooling all over your dessert.:goodvibes

Looks like you got to the update first before me.

It was a nice evening at the NR and glad that you and Fran were able to join us that night. Our first experience at the NR was great and it was nice to have dinner during the Chef's Counter. It was so neat to be able to watch the chef's do all the cooking. Chef Sutton was there for a while and he recognize you and Fran that evening. All of the food was very nice and high quality.

I knew when we went to the Disneyana store in MS that Fran was going to buy something. All those painting that she bought that day were very nice. I was surprised that she didn't find anything at Off the Page store at DCA.

Your welcome. :goodvibes

We will have to try Steakhouse 55 since you recommended it during our dinner.

What a great evening, and so nice to be treated! We just saw the preview at HS, I can't wait for the movie!!! Mom is convinced Maleficent was in love with the king and then was spurned.
Welcome back Pam! Looking forward to your photos :-)

How wonderful re your evening at Napa Rose! Isn't show cooking where you view the kitchen the best! How nice to be treated. The new pictures that Fran got sound great!

WOW! What a great dinner. How fantastic of Bret and his DA. :thumbsup2

The food looks amazing! But I know the company was even better. Wish I could have been there.

The two meals sound amazing. I am glad that everything is falling into place for your trip.

Corinna

Fun night at Napa Rose Alison. Nice treat too. Very cool of Bret. The food looks delicious. Can't wait to go back to Napa. I also want to try Steakhouse 55.

You definitely need a Napa Redo, and Steakhouse 55 is great too!

What a wonderful evening! I had those scallops (which I will talk about eventually in my TR!) and they were divine!

Jill in CO

I love those scallops! I can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!

How nice of them! And boy does it look fantastic.

So has the Bug's Life Theater been doing previews there for a while now, or is this the first preview they've done? It's actually a great idea.

This is the first time I've seen something else in the Bug's Life Theater, but they could have done it before.

What a great evening, and so nice to be treated!

We just saw the preview at HS, I can't wait for the movie!!! Mom is convinced Maleficent was in love with the king and then was spurned.

I'm kind of thinking that too, however, it could be even more involved than that.

She LOVED it! It was a fabulous evening. It's on the list for a repeat.

I'm glad it was a hit! I can't wait to try it in April.

Lovely pictures from your dinner with Bret at Napa Rose. I'm drooling all over your dessert.:goodvibes

The whole thing was great! I need some nice relaxing good food. Thank goodness I'm going to WDW soon!

Looks like you got to the update first before me.

It was a nice evening at the NR and glad that you and Fran were able to join us that night. Our first experience at the NR was great and it was nice to have dinner during the Chef's Counter. It was so neat to be able to watch the chef's do all the cooking. Chef Sutton was there for a while and he recognize you and Fran that evening. All of the food was very nice and high quality.

I knew when we went to the Disneyana store in MS that Fran was going to buy something. All those painting that she bought that day were very nice. I was surprised that she didn't find anything at Off the Page store at DCA.

Your welcome. :goodvibes

We will have to try Steakhouse 55 since you recommended it during our dinner.

I need to get over to your TR and read some. I couldn't load the pictures while I was on the Road Trip, and you've been busy and not updating, so I forget to find your report and get caught up!

How wonderful re your evening at Napa Rose! Isn't show cooking where you view the kitchen the best! How nice to be treated. The new pictures that Fran got sound great!

I really enjoy that kitchen, especially since I got to do the cooking school in there for three years. I wish they would bring back F&W! :furious:

WOW! What a great dinner. How fantastic of Bret and his DA. :thumbsup2

The food looks amazing! But I know the company was even better. Wish I could have been there.

Perhaps someday we can go there, I'm sure that they could make some great stuff your DH would enjoy and I KNOW you would like almost everything on the menu!

The two meals sound amazing. I am glad that everything is falling into place for your trip.

Corinna

Welcome back! Sort of... :rolleyes1

Your trip is coming up fast. Hope you've got things under control. :thumbsup2

Well, I suppose that would depend on your version of "under control". If you mean almost packed and everything settled. That would be a "no". :scratchin

This "moving" thing is turning out to be a bigger deal than I had expected and a lot more difficult to coordinate. I should probably update the house thread, a lot has been going on over there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter