You mean I DO get to go to WDW in 2014?? - Link to TR in post #523

Cute shot of you girls. :thumbsup2 Sounds like the perfect day!

What a neat Coke event. Coca cola is one of my all time favorite drinks. Love the Pop rocks. :cool1:

I'm digging the Coke/33 menu.

A little late to your posts and I remember you saying about this event during our dinner at the NR. I'm glad that you and Cynthia had a great time at that event. The dinner looks very nice and I would have enjoyed it as well since I like to drink Coke.

Very nice updates.

Wow! That dinner looks amazing. I am not always adventurous when eating but that is one event I think I would love. Everything looked awesome and I would have loved hearing about all of the Coke and Disney information. You always do the neatest things! Thank goodness we have you as an insider to fill us in!

You got to go to the Coke dinner....Awesome!

It looks really good and a fun event!

Jill in CO

It was such a whimsical dinner, I really enjoyed it! From the ribs and the pop rocks to the funnel cake and cotton candy, it was just fun!

Awesome event. I was cracking up over the coke and pop rocks and drooling over the steak.

I know Pop Rocks as a palate cleaner! I remember when they were contraband substance when I was in Jr High School! :rotfl2:

Omg what a great event! I just adore Coke :-) I love the idea of lobster nachos! Oh yum! Thank you for the photos I enjoyed them. Over here we do a nice recipe of baked ham in coke at Christmas time. It adds a smashing glaze to the ham joint :-) really reduces to a sticky marinade.

Hope you are enjoying your RT!

Coke can definitely be a great cooking ingredient! They did all kinds of things with the various Coke products. It was fun!

Awesome picture of you and Cynthia.

What a fantastic dinner and what a fantastic world of Disney and Coke. I wonder how much Coke paid for the advertising?

Thanks for sharing.

I'm glad that Cynthia and I finally took a picture, we had a few PP pics, but this was one of the few times that day that we actually sat down at took pictures.

It was a very cool dinner, I'm glad we were able to attend.

Very nice dinner, That steak looks huge, no wonder you could not eat it all, that was a lot of food and fun!

Glad you had a good time!

It was a huge steak! But I gave it a fighting chance!

Oh my that steak! Our idea of steak can hide under a garnish... It's odd because it's not like our cattle is hobbit sized lol.... I have almost been in tears because I couldn't eat the whole slab of meat in your wonderful country... When will I see a slice of protein like that again....dragging and screaming out of Outback....

See we count on our steaks being huge here and that we get at least one extra meal out of a steak dinner out. We love our Lonestar for a great steak, but if you like Outback

DH is the same way about me posting pics on FB while on vacation as well. Which is why I made the DIS FB. But I just get too excited and sometimes do it anyway!

What a cool dinner! Incorporating the Coke brand into every meal. That steak...looks perfectly cooked, juicy and delicious!

What fun, thanks for sharing!

Well now I'm starting to post on FB the stuff from the trip.

It was a really cool dinner, I'm so glad that we went!

What a fun meal! I love seeing all the vintage advertising and old photos.

Great shot of you and Cynthia!

Thanks! I hope you are having a great time on your cruise!

I am so glad you posted a picture! I have a ton (and the photopass ones too!) but want to use them in my TR once I get there. I need to get you the PP pics though, there are some really cute ones :goodvibes

We had so much fun!!!!!!!!!! It was a great afternoon and the perfect combo of rides, some great chill & chat time, yummy food and drinks and an amazing atmosphere. Thank you so much for taking time out of your day, it was just wonderful all around.

OMG I am drooling over that dinner, it looks incredible from start to finish and WOW that's a lot of food, and drink!

Harvey Wallbanger. Man, that takes me back to my early cocktail waitress days when the occasional person would order them. They are wicked strong!

I'd have needed a cab home.

What a fun update and really neat event.

It was a fun day with you and fun night with Coke! It was a lot of everything, but we had a great time!

Cute shot of you girls. :thumbsup2 Sounds like the perfect day!

What a neat Coke event. Coca cola is one of my all time favorite drinks. Love the Pop rocks. :cool1:

I'm digging the Coke/33 menu.

Thanks, I'm not so much a Coke fan, but it was really cool to see what they could do with it and what a tasty menu they came up with!

A little late to your posts and I remember you saying about this event during our dinner at the NR. I'm glad that you and Cynthia had a great time at that event. The dinner looks very nice and I would have enjoyed it as well since I like to drink Coke.

Very nice updates.

Thanks! I hope that I can post the NR pics before I leave for WDW!

Wow! That dinner looks amazing. I am not always adventurous when eating but that is one event I think I would love. Everything looked awesome and I would have loved hearing about all of the Coke and Disney information. You always do the neatest things! Thank goodness we have you as an insider to fill us in!

I'm glad you enjoy reading about all these things. I have a lot of fun attending them and feel very lucky that I get the chance to go to such special events!

Following along! We are also in the Wonder 3 night Ensenada cruise next May with you! :)

Adding to the post...just realized that you're going during SWW! Oh my goodness!!! Hope to go one day!

Yes! I am so looking forward to the cruise next year, more than the other two cruises we have before this one! Are you on both the 2 night to nowhere and the Ensenada? I think you said you were?

Yes! I can't believe that we are this close to SWW!

So tomorrow is Single Digit Day! We have had quite an adventurous last couple weeks for any of you following the road trip and if you’re on FB, you know that I had quite a day yesterday. I hope to be able to tell you about it before we go, because once I get back I’ll be in full TR mode! Plus I still need to finish up the RT, there are a lot more adventures to come!

We’ll see how much time I can steal that Fran doesn’t realize I’m not working on moving! Anyhoo, I thought I would update you on the last week, it’s been a busy one!

1) I realized that I had not booked DME for our ride back to the Airport, so that’s taken care of now.

2) I had meant to order our groceries for the trip before we left on the RT and that didn’t happen, but it’s taken care of now.

3) The Owner’s Locker is set to deliver at the VGF on Thursday.

4) We still need to order our rental car for the day we visit Theme Park Connection. From what we hear this is their best incarnation and should be a totally cool experience!

Some other things that I have gleaned from the DIS: This was opening weekend of SWW and people have been posting their experiences. Evidently the VIP tour gets taken backstage just after 7AM, and we go through HBD to choose our lunch entrées at Mama Melrose. We shop a bit at Darth’s Maul before they take us back to HBD for pastries, Coffee, OJ, Bagels and other such accoutrements.

Then we ride TSMM, then our choice of ToT or RnRC. After that they take us to the viewing area where Mickey Bars, popsicles, sodas and waters are flowing freely. We watch the parade and are whisked to Mama Melrose for lunch, then off to ride SW. Then to Behind the Force show and then Stars of the Saga. By this time it’s about 4PM and we get to do what we want. (Go back to the room and take a nap for a couple hours). Come back by 8PM and join the dessert party for Darth Vadar and Yoda Cupcakes, Rice Krispie Treats, several other delicacies and soft drinks and three different alcoholic beverages that you can order 2 at a time, in unlimited quantities. Not that I’m planning on getting Hammered. There was a Billboard here, you know the electronic kind, “Get Hammered, Get Nailed”. Fran didn’t get it! :sad2:

But a few cocktails before the fireworks couldn’t hurt! Then we would be done for the night. Depending on how many cocktails and how Disneystrong they were, maybe “put a fork in me done” only because we would have been at the park before rope drop!

Other than these developments, I’m not sure how much has changed since we decided on this trip. We did change a few things, but you’ll just have to read about those in the TR! Just think when I wake up tomorrow, I’ll be in single digits for a WDW trip!

So tomorrow is Single Digit Day! We have had quite an adventurous last couple weeks for any of you following the road trip and if you’re on FB, you know that I had quite a day yesterday. I hope to be able to tell you about it before we go, because once I get back I’ll be in full TR mode! Plus I still need to finish up the RT, there are a lot more adventures to come! We’ll see how much time I can steal that Fran doesn’t realize I’m not working on moving! Anyhoo, I thought I would update you on the last week, it’s been a busy one! 1) I realized that I had not booked DME for our ride back to the Airport, so that’s taken care of now. 2) I had meant to order our groceries for the trip before we left on the RT and that didn’t happen, but it’s taken care of now. 3) The Owner’s Locker is set to deliver at the VGF on Thursday. 4) We still need to order our rental car for the day we visit Theme Park Connection. From what we hear this is their best incarnation and should be a totally cool experience! Some other things that I have gleaned from the DIS: This was opening weekend of SWW and people have been posting their experiences. Evidently the VIP tour gets taken backstage just after 7AM, and we go through HBD to choose our lunch entrées at Mama Melrose. We shop a bit at Darth’s Maul before they take us back to HBD for pastries, Coffee, OJ, Bagels and other such accoutrements. Then we ride TSMM, then our choice of ToT or RnRC. After that they take us to the viewing area where Mickey Bars, popsicles, sodas and waters are flowing freely. We watch the parade and are whisked to Mama Melrose for lunch, then off to ride SW. Then to Behind the Force show and then Stars of the Saga. By this time it’s about 4PM and we get to do what we want. (Go back to the room and take a nap for a couple hours). Come back by 8PM and join the dessert party for Darth Vadar and Yoda Cupcakes, Rice Krispie Treats, several other delicacies and soft drinks and three different alcoholic beverages that you can order 2 at a time, in unlimited quantities. Not that I’m planning on getting Hammered. There was a Billboard here, you know the electronic kind, “Get Hammered, Get Nailed”. Fran didn’t get it! :sad2: But a few cocktails before the fireworks couldn’t hurt! Then we would be done for the night. Depending on how many cocktails and how Disneystrong they were, maybe “put a fork in me done” only because we would have been at the park before rope drop! Other than these developments, I’m not sure how much has changed since we decided on this trip. We did change a few things, but you’ll just have to read about those in the TR! Just think when I wake up tomorrow, I’ll be in single digits for a WDW trip!
Yeah single digit dance! Well done on ME , grocery and hopefully rental car! We fly this time next week :-) so excited. We will be at Gatwick airport! Oh the VIP package sounds great! Takes a lot of stress out of it. Nice shaded areas, drinks and eats! I am scared I will melt like a popsicle on my scooter watching the parade. I read on that SWW thread handicap viewing has no shade! Safe flight to you both :-)

YAY for Single digits. :cool1:

That experience sounds amazing! Looks like you're in for a quite a ride.
Well done on locking in a few more details. :thumbsup2

Single digits! :woohoo: party: SWW looks like a blast. I've also seen some friends posting from FB and it looks like great fun.

Glad you've got more details taken care of too.

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: for the single digit dance!

Your tease on FB from yesterday looked amazing...can't wait to hear about it!

You are going to have a fantastic time at SWW....I'm so sad I couldn't go this year!

Jill in CO

Yes! I am so looking forward to the cruise next year, more than the other two cruises we have before this one! Are you on both the 2 night to nowhere and the Ensenada? I think you said you were? Yes! I can't believe that we are this close to SWW!
Yes, we are on both 2 & 3 night cruises. Looking forward to reading your update! So excited for you! When we went on Fantasy last year we remember the heat and humidity was so difficult. How is it this time of year? Enjoy yourselves!!! :)

Wow! Your backstage package sounds beyond amazing! I love how they take care of all the details and food and drink!

Yeah single digit dance! Well done on ME , grocery and hopefully rental car! We fly this time next week :-) so excited. We will be at Gatwick airport! Oh the VIP package sounds great! Takes a lot of stress out of it. Nice shaded areas, drinks and eats! I am scared I will melt like a popsicle on my scooter watching the parade. I read on that SWW thread handicap viewing has no shade! Safe flight to you both :-)

Yikes! That sucks that the HA viewing area is in the sunny side of the street. That's awful! You should find a spot in the regular folks area and when they complain give them your plaque and say, "you go sit in the sun!:

YAY for Single digits. :cool1:

That experience sounds amazing! Looks like you're in for a quite a ride.
Well done on locking in a few more details. :thumbsup2

I hope that it's all they say it is. Then I think it will be worth it. If we can get Mickey bars and stuff plus unlimited drink fro mthe evenings we are cool! This package wa about use getting entry to the show. If there if food and drinks available freaa nd they have booze! Score the package is totally: worth it

Single digits! :woohoo: party: SWW looks like a blast. I've also seen some friends posting from FB and it looks like great fun.

Glad you've got more details taken care of too.

It's getting closer! I'm very much getting excited!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: for the single digit dance!

Your tease on FB from yesterday looked amazing...can't wait to hear about it!

You are going to have a fantastic time at SWW....I'm so sad I couldn't go this year!

Jill in CO

I hope I can update on that event before I go. I've never been to SWW, so I cant wait to find out what its all about!

Yes, we are on both 2 & 3 night cruises. Looking forward to reading your update! So excited for you! When we went on Fantasy last year we remember the heat and humidity was so difficult. How is it this time of year? Enjoy yourselves!!! :)

Florida is slightly horrible this time of year. It will be terribly humid so we'll have to take our outdoor time in small doses.

Wow! Your backstage package sounds beyond amazing! I love how they take care of all the details and food and drink!

It was really pricey but I think it will end up being worth it with all the crowds and heat. We will be able to do all the events that we planned without having to wait for hours in lines, plus they feed us!

Single digits!! :woohoo: Man, that's a good feeling.

You're right it is! As much as I enjoy all the various trips we take there is nothing like a WDW vacation!

Umm, I struggled to figure out that nine was a single digit. :rotfl2:

Have a wonderful time, Alison. :goodvibes

:rotfl2: :lmao: Lisa you always give me a good chuckle! Thanks, and I hope you are hanging in there!

Great idea re sitting in normal area! Jo has fashioned me a child's stroller parasol for my scooter lol...

Have a safe flight next Wednesday nearly there my Disney friends :-)

Great idea re sitting in normal area! Jo has fashioned me a child's stroller parasol for my scooter lol...

Have a safe flight next Wednesday nearly there my Disney friends :-)

That's excellent! I hope it keeps you cool!

SINGLE DIGIT DANCE!!!!!

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

You're back Pam! I hope you're going to do a TR! We want to hear all about your surprise for your mom!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter