Your whine of the day...

Thanks! OF course, one could attribute gravy to being the reason I needed to lose so much weight, but why ruin a good thing, right? The final "data point" was when I had egg foo young on Saturday. Without going into detail, I'll just say this 100% confirmed my need to avoid gravy. NOW the question is... can our Chinese take-out place make EFY without gravy? The struggle is real... LOL!! :rotfl2:

93 pounds?! That's amazing. One of my dearest had gastric in April and has lost a ton. Just wanted to say weigh to go!

Our company "shuts down" between Christmas & New Years. For the 3rd time in the last 4 years, I'm gonna wind up working because someone else screwed up. I think my boss is going to get a copy of my confirmation (and cancellation) for 5 nights at the beach in his inbox.

Taxis in Orlando have no idea where anything is. Like, No clue as to where Disney Springs is, the Disney Transportation and Ticket Centre or Boggy Creek Airboat Tours. You'd think they'd know!

Our company "shuts down" between Christmas & New Years. For the 3rd time in the last 4 years, I'm gonna wind up working because someone else screwed up. I think my boss is going to get a copy of my confirmation (and cancellation) for 5 nights at the beach in his inbox.
I hope you get compensated appropriately! And your family as well.

People in general have been pissing me off for about a week now. I’m trying to be understanding and tolerant but I’m just about to let loose at the pettiness and negativity displayed in the season of goodwill.

Wish they’d all get a grip, have a stiff drink, sme chocolate, or a robust sex session to get it out of their system.

Can 4pm please arrive in 30 minutes?? I want to get on the road to WDW. But nope, before I can do that I have to give one presentation, table at a new student event, and follow up by administering 3 assessments to students. This is actually the same thing that I'll be doing the day I return to work following vacation...

OK, I'm in. We used to go to WDW every Christmas season, usually this week. I'm getting a lot of memories coming up on facebook this week of several different trips. I REALLY WANT TO BE THERE!!!! Talk about whiny!

I wish delivery drivers would SLOW DOWN!!! This week they are just going WAY TOO FAST past our house. We have lots of small kids in the neighborhood....

Taxis in Orlando have no idea where anything is. Like, No clue as to where Disney Springs is, the Disney Transportation and Ticket Centre or Boggy Creek Airboat Tours. You'd think they'd know!
You need to take an Uber or Lyft.

OK, I'm in. We used to go to WDW every Christmas season, usually this week. I'm getting a lot of memories coming up on facebook this week of several different trips. I REALLY WANT TO BE THERE!!!! Talk about whiny!

Hear you. This time last year we were in NYC. I’ve had FB memories since Thanksgiving and it’s making me stroppy.

I hit the Christmas preparations wall yesterday.

Went after work to buy gifts. Got in the checkout line realized DS did not return my credit card after he got gas over the weekend. Fortunately I had cash and a personal gift card to the store I was in. But I was buying a shirt for said DS and his two brothers. Frustrated that purchase did not go on the regular credit card and come out of our joint funds. But came out of my pocket instead.

Then I went to the local jam packed crowded Hallmark store. Because it was next door. And bought one last gift for d i l. But again had to use my cash.

I arrived home to realize that I had forgotten 2 gifts at the very first store which meant another trip out. But not last night. Because I was frustrated and in a foul mood. All the shopping and preparations since Thanksgiving had caught up to me at one moment.

And a package that I ordered Nov 30th and thought was never coming arrived yesterday after I had bought a replacement gift.

DH was confused and thought he had done something wrong. I had a moment explained my feelings to him, had a good cry, sat down to watch TV, and fell asleep before 8 p.m.

Fortunately, today has been a much better day. A few last-minute gifts I needed have magically Fallen into place.

And I I'm close to being able to wrap all gifts. Amen Alleluia

Last edited:
I hit the Christmas preparations wall yesterday.

Went after work to buy gifts. Got in the checkout line realized DS did not return my credit card after he got gas over the weekend. Fortunately I had cash and a personal gift card to the store I was in. But I was buying a shirt for said DS and his two brothers. Frustrated that purchase did not go on the regular credit card and come out of our joint funds. But came out of my pocket instead.

Then I went to the local jam packed crowded Hallmark store. Because it was next door. And bought one last gift for d i l. But again had to use my cash.

I arrived home to realize that I had forgotten 2 gifts at the very first store which meant another trip out. But not last night. Because I was frustrated and in a foul mood. All the shopping and preparations since Thanksgiving had caught up to me at one moment.

And a package that I ordered Nov 30th and thought was never coming arrived yesterday after I had bought a replacement gift.

DH was confused and thought he had done something wrong. I had a moment explained my feelings to him, had a good cry, sat down to watch TV, and fell asleep before 8 p.m.

Fortunately, today has been a much better day. A few last-minute gifts I needed have magically Fallen into place.

And I I'm close to being able to wrap all gifts. Amen Alleluia

We got ds and dd our Amex with pre set limits in their name. Helps to avoid issues like that

I absolutely hate wrapping Christmas presents. Loath it. My niece, who would help me wrap, moved out of state this year. So no help for me!:sad:

My son has the flu. Even though we all got the flu shot, I'm expecting the rest of us come down with it too. I have the pharmacy on speed dial for Tamiflu.

I work retail - a cashier and sometimes customer service. And right now, I am totally sick of every single customer making some comment about "I bet you're sick of all this right now." I so want to say, yeah, captain obvious, but I know if one of the managers hear me being sarcastic to the customers I'll be in trouble. So I smile and nod, and ring up their purchases.

And another related whine: I am totally sick of co-workers not showing up. We've been short handed all week because at least two people aren't showing up each shift. Because that means the rest of us have to deal with more customers, who have stood in line longer and of course, when we go off on our breaks the people who have to stay behind have to deal with complaining customers. And today because two or three customer service people didn't show up, I had to go and work there, which is my least favorite place to work. And I didn't get to leave on time because the 6:00 customer service people didn't come on time. And I'm sure one of them probably blamed me for the mess - but I was already up there for 45 minutes past my shift. You can freaking clean up the mess others left before I even got there.

My son has the flu. Even though we all got the flu shot, I'm expecting the rest of us come down with it too. I have the pharmacy on speed dial for Tamiflu.
I have received the flu shot the past 3 years, and have come down with the flu within a few months of getting the vaccine. I think they're just injecting me with saline and calling it a day.

What is wrong with UPS? Two packages whose estimated delivery dates were over a week ago are still in limbo. UPS is still "investigating" and these were Christmas presents. Tried to re-order the gifts but now both are out of stock. Then today I find our neighbor's gigantic heavy package misdelivered to our address, completely blocking our front door. DH had to borrow another neighbor's dolly to move it. While we were struggling to load it on the dolly I noticed a crushed smaller box on our doormat. It was a personalized glass beer mug, broken. Two missing gifts and a broken one, and a misdelivered neighbor's package. Really?? UPS needs to get it together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter