A Very Chit-Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best of all it had good gas mileage.:thumbsup2
That is always a plus!

Hello, hello! Home from the movie. Wow, it was not what we were expecting and we loved it. Yay!

Glad to hear it was good. There are so may movies out that I wanna see but it's hard finding people to go with or the time to go since I usually work at a time that wouldn't work out for the early showings or the late ones.

I guess I am the only boring person who is staying home on a Saturday. :rotfl:
Even though I have a rental, I feel like I can't go anywhere for fun. Like, the car is strictly for things I have to do only, even though that's not true. I just don't wanna drive it if I absolutely don't have to.

I was watching Inception. I love that movie and it makes more sense the second time around. Later I need to grind some coffee at work for my dad, and I am craving Panda Express so maybe that will be for dinner. :thumbsup2

I was seriously contemplating doing a TR for my trip, and I have started it out a few times, but then I start to think "uhhh...maybe not!" I sometimes hate telling stories about things that have happened to me, especially if I have to tell the story multiple times! I don't know why....

Anyone doing anything fun?

No.....sooooooo bored!!!

Days like today make me wish I was a kid again!!!

Going to karaoke tonight....thank God! I need to get out of this house....I'm going stir crazy!!!

So I do have some news.......we may a change at home & our trip......Tyler moved down to Medford (about 4 hrs away). He got down there with no money & no job. He's been there about a month. He is supposed to start at McDonald's tomorrow but he's homesick & missing everyone. I tried to talk him into going down to his friends for a few weeks to test the water before moving away.......but he moved anyways. Well he's seriously contimplating coming home & basically working for me. Help with the kids & house in exchange for rent & 2 small bills he has a month. Too me it would totally be worth it!! I would love having him home....someone to talk to!!! Plus, being stuck with no car at home is taking its toll on my sanity. This would let Mike use Ty's car for work & I'd have the van to run errands, etc. So he's thinking about it & my best guess is....he'll come home.

The kicker I of course teased him with.....if he moves back home...he gets to go on our trip!!! That means Mike & I would have adult help with the kids & would get a chance to take a few hours for ourselves. Ty told me that might be the thing that tips the scales......lol The boy loves DL as much as me!

I'll keep you updated.....but if he does come back & on the trip....Paula & Jessica I thought I'd give you the heads up.....it could change your plans on staying with us.......there'd still be room, just add in a 24yr old male to the mix. Just not sure if you'd be comfortable with that or not.....but you're still more than welcome to do so!!

Why did he move in the first place? Just to be closer to his friends?
Sounds like if he does move back it will be great for you!
And who could resist a trip to DLR? :laughing:

I am trying to do the opposite...trying to move out of my parents house! I wanna move towards So Cal. But I wanna make sure I have a job secure before I move. I know I can always transfer to another Starbucks, but i wanna find a job that puts all my school work to good use. My parents so graciously paid my way through college, and living at home as helped me save up a lot of money. So I kinda feel like not only do i need to find a better job to please myself, but for my parents as well. I don't want them to feel like all that money spent is going no where. But, it is hard right now. I have been applying at a bunch of places. When I get back from DLR I am hitting that job search hard!

Why did he move in the first place? Just to be closer to his friends?
Sounds like if he does move back it will be great for you!
And who could resist a trip to DLR? :laughing:

I am trying to do the opposite...trying to move out of my parents house! I wanna move towards So Cal. But I wanna make sure I have a job secure before I move. I know I can always transfer to another Starbucks, but i wanna find a job that puts all my school work to good use. My parents so graciously paid my way through college, and living at home as helped me save up a lot of money. So I kinda feel like not only do i need to find a better job to please myself, but for my parents as well. I don't want them to feel like all that money spent is going no where. But, it is hard right now. I have been applying at a bunch of places. When I get back from DLR I am hitting that job search hard!

He originally was gonna move back to our first town (where he basically grew up & graduated from high school from) after he met a girl. He fell hard....but she didn't ....... broke up with him after he had put the move plan in motion. So a friend he had in Medford (the last town we lived in) offered him a place to live (with him & his wife & 2 yr old). So he jumped on it. I knew he'd be unhappy.....he hated living down there. So after being there a month...he's really homesick for family & friends here. I think he'll end up back here....just not sure how long he'll drag his feet.

Oh Laurie, I know that would be nice for you.

It would be awesome for me......Tyler was a wonderful help to me & I've really missed having him around to watch tv with & eat mexican food....we have a lot of the same likes!!!

BIG NEWS!!!! At karaoke tonight I put $10 in the lottery machine & cashed out for $20......so netted $10!! A little later, went back to the same machine, same game & put $10 in & cashed out for $100!!!!!!!! Netted $90.....add them together & I came home $100 richer!!!!!! :woohoo::cool1::banana:

Ohh it's always a girl isnt it? Poor guy, hopefully everything works out for the best :)
But hey that's good news on the money!! Congrats!

Ohh it's always a girl isnt it? Poor guy, hopefully everything works out for the best :)
But hey that's good news on the money!! Congrats!

Yup.......He made a rash decision right after the break up & I tried to talk him out of it until he knew for sure what he wanted to do.....but he went still reeling from heartache....now that he's had time, I think he's 2nd questioning that decision. I told him not to start the new job today if he seriously wanted to move back.....but didn't hear back from him, so maybe he's gonna stick it out down there....who knows!!

:woohoo: Yay for a little money!!

Laurie, congratulations on the winning!! I hope that Tyler is happy whatever he decides.

Laurie, congratulations on the winning!! I hope that Tyler is happy whatever he decides.

Me too....I just want him to be happy & when he decided to move back down there I was really worried since he hated living there........I guess we'll just wait & see what he decides!!

Me too....I just want him to be happy & when he decided to move back down there I was really worried since he hated living there........I guess we'll just wait & see what he decides!!

It's not easy being a mom sometimes.:hug:

Not always easy, but always worth it!!!! As a mom, we always want to make our kids happy & I've come to realization that's not possible.....but I sure try!!! lol

Laurie, I think being a parent is the most rewarding job out there.

yes, but not an easy job :goodvibes

DD15 is now DD16! :bday: She went out to a dinner with a gazillion girlfriends last night, I posted a pic on FB :) Tonight we're going to the beach for a small bonfire. She won't be driving on her own for a bit - her appt. at the DMV for her license is scheduled for late August. That's the earliest she could go with the requirements per learner's permit.

Tania, I wish I could interest at least my oldest DD 18 in driving. I hate driving them everywhere. My DS 15 is eager to drive and I am not at all eager for that one.

That was like DS18. He was not all motivated to drive, if his mom hadn't basically made him get a license I don't think he'd be driving today :rotfl: I admit it was really nerve-wracking at first to have them driving but quite honestly the convenience outweighs it :laughing: I hear ya, I hate being the mom-taxi. :sad2:

The worst part is Kacy starts college in a few weeks and the college is further away and her schedule is such that she will not be able to use the bus for all of them. I got my licence the day after I turned 16. My mom loved when I started driving it freed her up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter