Another lovely day in Oklahoma. . .

I've only been able to post once an hour according to the DIS so here goes......

Jane, we just got power, having been without for a few hours this afternoon thanks to our mid-April Ice Storm! It's just crazy, our weather!! :sad: If anyone wants a good laugh about weather google weatherman rants (from Grand Rapids). It's hilarius and sadly sooooo true!! :teeth:

I'm not sure of my or if I have limitations. I'm going to check out that rant site 'cause anything that lifts spirits in this storm is welcomed.

Attention ALDIO-ians: One of our finest citizens @ronandannette reached a major milestone this morning--10,000 posts!:jumping1:

Congratulations! Would you care to make any remarks?
I'd like to thank the little people...( :teeth: kidding, just kidding). Actually I didn't notice! I hope the post was something properly auspicious; not just goofing on lowkey or arguing with the Onion. :o
Yes, catch me if you can Ronandannette!!! ;) :teeth:
Well Kitty, maybe by the time I'm your age :rolleyes1...(again, I kid! :flower3:)

Congrats, @ronandannette!

ETA - Paid attention after I posted, and am just over 400 posts behind you. I'll have try to notice and post something good.
:goodvibes Interesting that our join dates are so close together too! Do you remember what brought you? For me it was planning our first trip to WDW - I somehow managed to subscribe to Tourguide Mike (anybody remember that?) and found the DIS from there.

:goodvibes Interesting that our join dates are so close together too! Do you remember what brought you? For me it was planning our first trip to WDW - I somehow managed to subscribe to Tourguide Mike (anybody remember that?) and found the DIS from there.

I was also planning a trip, but I’m not sure exactly who told me about the DIS. Maybe it was listed under helpful websites in a guidebook I had from the library?

OK... now I have to post to see where I fall in the post count. I'll just pop in here and say HI to everyone :wave:. DD24 and I have decided to go to WDW in August, so now I am getting up at the crack of dawn every Monday to see if we can score Free Dining!

OK, enough about me... let's see that post count!

ETA: Wow... only 8476 posts since 1999. That's fewer than 450 a year... but it's more than one a day!!

I'd never heard of a slipped biceps tendon before. Apparently there's a groove in the bone that the tendon "rides" in normally, and mine's "out." Hurts to the touch, and I can feel it snapping over the edge of something when I move the arm. Most of the pain is right smack in the middle of the muscle, though. It's weird, and I feel stupid, because I was doing NOTHING... just started to hurt one day.
:scared::scared: Well that's just icky to think about especially the feeling the snap part. I'm sorry you're dealing with that :hug:

OK, but you asked for it!;)

I was working in a basement in a room with a very low ceiling with recessed lighting. I had been working on something that should have taken just a short time but I kept getting it wrong and I was getting frustrated. After many tries I finally got it right and in a gesture of victory I threw my arm into the air shouting "YES!" and shattered the glass cover of the light with the knuckle of my middle finger (left hand.) There was some blood but I figured I could probably rinse it off and tape it up. Headed up to the bathroom, running cold water over it it looks like there's a shard of the opaque glass stuck in my knuckle. I'm thinking "that has to come out" so I'm pulling on it trying to get it to budge, but no go. The flow of blood is increasing and a co-worker suggests we drive down the street to the emergency room. I explain to the ER staff that there's a piece of glass in my knuckle and if they can just get it out and tape it up I'll be on my way.

A doc or two come by and they inform me that there's no glass in my knuckle, that's my severed tendon protruding through my hand! Then it occurs to me: So that's why when I was jerking on it my finger kept flinching! They did get me patched up but it was obviously not the simple solution I was expecting. The only upside was that I really didn't feel much pain as I was in shock. My GF decided she would be the one to be sure I took care of the wound doing the appropriate soaking, cleaning, and wrapping as prescribed. A few months later we got married, 43 years ago.:)
Ok that sounds awful what happened. I uh would have much rather kept up the pretense that it was glass because the actual explanation sounds :faint:. Glad you appeared to have ended up well enough and a heartwarming ending for sure :love:

A recent xray showed tendonitis in my left ankle. I'd been diagnosed earlier in the winter with fluid retention but, my GP has decided that was incorrect because meds were not working so... an xray was ordered up. I'm not sure which is better?!

I'll take one of those extra hugs Micca... sigh.
Another DISers down with an injury!? I'm sorry you're having to deal with that. Something like 7+ years ago I sprained my left ankle pretty badly (I heard a snap and totally thought I broke my ankle) but unfortunately it never healed correctly. I can't handle shoes with too much of a heal ever since then and my left ankle is weaker than my right. I'm hoping it doesn't affect me too later on in life my I don't have too much hope :(

And what is with our weather?!? It's like living in Narnia - always winter but never Christmas. So wretched. :sad2: I'd be downright cranky if I wasn't leaving for sunny SoCal on Wednesday. :wave2:
Ugh weather all over the place seems to be just out of sorts. I want my spring weather here. Now it's getting to the point where some of us are worried we'll skip past spring and go straight into summer with the humidity :scared:. I hope we get enough of the nicer weather first.

I really have no idea. The whole gander part makes me think were a bunch (gaggle) of geese! :teeth:
:lmao::lmao:OMG you're right now that's what I'm going to think about when I hear that :laughing:

Our Ddil ran her first USA 10k maraton in New York City this morning!
Oh that's awesome and what an accomplishment party:

I'd like to thank the little people...( :teeth: kidding, just kidding). Actually I didn't notice! I hope the post was something properly auspicious; not just goofing on lowkey or arguing with the Onion. :o
Congrats on the milestone!

Random thing but a few weekends ago we built our cat a cat tree/perch. He's a long cat and none of the commercially available cat trees are long enough so we decided to build him one. We had left over 2X4s and plywood from our desk project and then we went out and bought sisal rope and carpet. We found a good deal on leftover carpet piece (much more than we needed too) from Lowe's and it matches our existing carpet really closely:
upload_2018-4-20_10-24-52.png

And for whatever reason our cat adopted this blanket one day so we put it there for him to lay on:
upload_2018-4-20_10-25-47.png

And then the fact that he likes to lay up against things had my putting the dark grey blanket he had previously been laying up against by it:
upload_2018-4-20_10-27-28.png

So this past Friday was our 5th year wedding anniversary.

Aaron decided to take the day off though we didn't really do anything too special. He went out to get breakfast quickly and came home with this:
upload_2018-4-20_10-16-58.png

I was seriously wondering what was taking him so long...oh he's a sly one that's for sure lol. It's 2 different hand-picked bouquets put together.

We ended up going out to dinner and then somewhat nearby we went to get dessert and ate that outside. It was a lovely evening after the storms had passed-not too cool-not too warm and the high earlier in the day was 80 (which is higher than average for this time of year) though the storms cooled it down to 60s/70s. But oh the Saturday and Sunday was just ridiculous. Very cold with another hard freeze and a dusting of snow on Sunday. I'm so ready for spring. I'm also ready for the backyard to green up with the trees but with the much colder than average temps sticking around they said it will delay greening up. I think our plants will be ok since they are several years old at this point. Hopefully they still bloom ok. The grass is greening up but still struggling.

So our anniversary was a strange weather day here in Kansas. I took these screenshots:
upload_2018-4-20_10-20-12.png upload_2018-4-20_10-34-6.png

So I live in the NE part of KS but luckily we didn't have any hail. Down south from us however did have some good sized hail.

So Aaron had an idea for a weekend trip within driving distance to celebrate our anniversary and my birthday (as it's the dirty 30 this year :scared1:) but that snowballed into a week's trip to a beach and to incorporate Aaron's birthday into it (he's a year younger than me though). We looked all over in FL including the Keys but couldn't find the type of beach we prefer which is more tropical. Flights to Hawaii were too expensive (average of $1600-$1800 for 2 people RT) but the lodging would have been just over $1,000 for a week. Well we then switched to the Caribbean (the Bahamas, Grand Cayman, Turks and Caicos, Jamaica, etc) and we were trying to fly on SWA RR pts too and a sale was going on until 4/19. Well from our airport the Grand Cayman is seasonal and Turks and Caicos was too--funny thing with Turks and Caicos is we could get there but flights coming back home wouldn't work due to the flight that goes to FLL and the flight that goes from FLL back home..maybe eventually we'll get to Turks and Caicos.

Well eventually we settled..well really Aaron really wanted it..on Jamaica party:. Flights were more expensive for Jamaica than Nassau but accommodations were more expensive in Nassau. The flights cost a bit over $1,000 RT for 2 people in value though we used pts which was over 50,000--more than we wanted but we had more than enough points (nearly 300,000 before we booked the flights). We do however have to pay over $200 (and you can't use pts for that) in airport fees and taxes between the flight getting down there and coming back which sucks. But we selected a place in Negril for something like $825 for 7 days taxes and fees included. Should be a fun trip for sure and not too too expensive at least in relativity. Of course Aaron keeps wanting to go back to Vegas eventually (we went this past October). I told him well we could go to Vegas instead of the beach....but the beach is just calling us ::yes::::yes::. Maybe being in the middle of the country makes us that way :laughing:.

Anyways sorry for the looonngg update :o

Wow that's awesome, a great spot for a birthday/anniversary combo.:)
Thanks! Ordinarily we wouldn't plan a trip for b-days/anniversaries but it's sorta a special one.

I know years ago we did do a Bed&Breakfast for my b-day just outside of Branson but otherwise it's usually low-key affair.

The only annoying thing is we have to get my passport updated. We were really stupid and didn't update my name change due to marriage within the first year of our marriage (where it would have been free) so now we gotta pay the $110 to get a name change :scared:.

The U.S. Virgin Islands (which meant I didn't have to have a passport) was a passing choice but SWA doesn't fly there so that was a no-go since we wanted to use points. We don't have anywhere near enough Delta points either.

But should be a good time. We're just excited to relax :beach: drinking some rum punch :drinking1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter