• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Biggest Purchase in your life

K-12 of private school for my son. He told me he didn't like it and secretly wanted to go to public school. He told me this after he graduated. We could have a nice weekend bungalow by the lake for what we spent on his schooling. Ugh.
I was lucky. Both my kids have said they said they appreciate our decision to keep them in private school.
My daughter in particular was shocked when she hit college at how far behind her classmates were from public schools is basic English, Math and Science.

Well, if I can't list anything related to my home, I guess my most expensive purchase was this dress.

https://www.neimanmarcus.com/Valent...ack/prod196920114/p.prod?childItemId=NMB3RD6_

NMB3RD6_mu.jpg
I hope you had enough money left over for underwear, unlike this poor girl...:guilty:

Probably the combine for the farm, over a quarter million dollars. Also tractors, they’re expensive too.
Next would be our 30 acres of land up north.
Vacations/cruises.

Last edited:
My wedding. My wife and I paid for it ourselves so even excluding the rings it was our biggest purchase so far.
::yes:: Oooh - good one! I wasn't thinking about things like that. Our wedding would definitely be up there, along with 4 years of private school tuition for DS.

My wedding. My wife and I paid for it ourselves so even excluding the rings it was our biggest purchase so far.

I wasn't thinking about weddings I paid for 95% of it myself, that was more the DVC, and It was actually more expensive than the divorce.

Anyone care to share what they spent on their DVC? I'll play. Back in 2003, $84.00/pt.=$15,000 (BCV) best money we ever spent!

College tuition for our three kids. A new deck, a new roof and most expensive "fun" thing purchased was a Vespa for my husband for father's day a few years back. He LOVES it!! Oh and of course Disney Cruises are expensive.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter