Breaking news-Travelers flying from New York to Florida will be placed under 14-day quarantine,

I emailed and questioned the definition of “tristate area”. I received this response and honestly I don’t know if they can add words after the fact. See how they added in “for the purpose of this order”. Is that even legal? They know the legal definition is a specific area and not the entire state, that’s what I argued. I wish I knew a lawyer,.lol.

View attachment 511188

Was there any word on if they are reevaluating which states are restricted?

okay if I read that correctly and understand now if it's based on origin of departure for incoming flights? Not your residential address?? :headache:this just gets more ridiculous day by day! So according to this EO I reside in NJ but if I fly out of Philly I'm good to go, however if I drive down to FL I have to quarantine. Now how the heck would they know where I started my drive from? I could easily of been in another state (in my case PA is 5 mins from my home) and leave from there and not have to quarantine? Since flyers get a pass?? This makes NO SENSE.

It doesn’t make any sense. It’s not going to make more sense no matter what we all think here or how JimMIA tries to explain it away. It is what it is and we aren’t gonna change. Live with it or not but it’s time to move on!!!

We were still going in August up until the FL EO was extended to 9/5. We finally pulled the plug, and it’s been a relief in some ways. We have enough stress with our jobs that we didn’t need this hanging over us anymore.
Sounds like us too. We had an August trip that sadly had to be jettisoned. Let’s see if we can get there for Columbus Day weekend as planned.

Anyone else pick up on the wording, "all persons whose point of departure originates from outside of the State of Florida in an area with substantial community spread, to include the NY Tri-State Area......"

An executive order by a Governor can be challenged in court and this (bold) is the part DeSantis' representation would have to prove. You cannot claim "substantial community spread" in a given area when recorded data says the complete opposite. So we all know how that would end. DeSantis knows it too (or at least his legal team does). Doubtless, this is why the "Tri-State quarantine portion" of the EO is being enforced only by travelers filling out a contact form.

ETA- before quoting and commenting on this pls jump to posts #551 and #564 for further explanation of the context of these words.

Last edited:
Anyone else pick up on the wording, "all persons whose point of departure originates from outside of the State of Florida in an area with substantial community spread, to include the NY Tri-State Area......"

An executive order by a Governor can be challenged in court and this (bold) is the part DeSantis' representation would have to prove. You cannot claim "substantial community spread" in a given area when recorded data says the complete opposite. So we all know how that would end. DeSantis knows it too (or at least his legal team does). Doubtless, this is why the "Tri-State quarantine portion" of the EO is being enforced only by travelers filling out a contact form.

And the confusing part about the form is that the Click Orlando article that was shared in this thread noted that a spokesperson from Orlando International Airport said the Florida Department of Health stopped handing out the form on June 26, so now I'm really confused about how this works.

So you are going to court ? We are still talking about a vacation right?

So you are going to court ? We are still talking about a vacation right?
Nope. You misunderstood
The order doesn't apply to me now that it's been clarified further.
My point in that post was that DeSantis knows (from a legal perspective) he can only push this outdated mandate so far and IMO that's why the enforcement has been so lightweight. Forms filled out but no one contacts the traveler. Stops on I-95 open sometimes, often closed. Kind of like "eh, lets make a show of enforcement but.... not really"

Forgive me but you can highlight whatever part you want, does not change the 14 day quarantine for CT/NY/NJ. It’s wrong. We (almost) all agree it’s wrong. We can choose to ignore it but it IS still in effect.

Nope. You misunderstood
The order doesn't apply to me now that it's been clarified further.
My point in that post was that DeSantis knows (from a legal perspective) he can only push this outdated mandate so far and IMO that's why the enforcement has been so lightweight. Forms filled out but no one contacts the traveler. Stops on I-95 open sometimes, often closed. Kind of like "eh, lets make a show of enforcement but.... not really"
I think I am good too now. 😬 it will no longer apply to me the way it was clarified.

Forgive me but you can highlight whatever part you want, does not change the 14 day quarantine for CT/NY/NJ. It’s wrong. We (almost) all agree it’s wrong. We can choose to ignore it but it IS still in effect.

I am very much aware of that. I have been following this thread and others like it from the beginning and have found it to be very helpful, informative and enlightening (well, *most* posts). Without the information posted by others here, I may never have found out that for our trip, we are categorically excluded from the quarantine mandate.

Your insight is duly noted.

The clarification states the EO goes by point of origin for flights not by your residential address. Therefore anyone from the tri states can fly out from a nearby state and not have to quarantine. this is their words in that response. So no one would be breaking an EO if they choose to fly from a nearby state. Apparently if you drive it is a bit different.

Edit: I also want to chime in and even though you can, doesn't mean you should. Each person can make their own decision for what is best for them. Our concern is more of the numbers coming out of FL. If anything this further clarification shows even more proof how unrealistic and ridiculous it is. And I remain firm on the fact it's all political side shows.

Last edited:
Edit: I also want to chime in and even though you can, doesn't mean you should. Each person can make their own decision for what is best for them. Our concern is more of the numbers coming out of FL. If anything this further clarification shows even more proof how unrealistic and ridiculous it is. And I remain firm on the fact it's all political side shows.
THIS..... absolutely!

Honestly between the cases in Florida and all the necessary modifications in WDW I'm not sure we would've had a truly good time if we went in August. *sigh*

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter