Breaking news-Travelers flying from New York to Florida will be placed under 14-day quarantine,

Well hate to add to the frustrations but I emailed the covid-19@flhealth.gov address and received a completely different answer!>:( I asked specifically if my residence is in NJ and I fly out of PA do I fall under the EO quarantine. I also asked them to verify what they mean by tri state area (they didn't even acknowledge that part) This was their reply:

Attachments

• cdc.png
    cdc.png
    35.1 KB · Views: 107
Anyone else pick up on the wording, "all persons whose point of departure originates from outside of the State of Florida in an area with substantial community spread, to include the NY Tri-State Area......"

An executive order by a Governor can be challenged in court and this (bold) is the part DeSantis' representation would have to prove. You cannot claim "substantial community spread" in a given area when recorded data says the complete opposite. So we all know how that would end. DeSantis knows it too (or at least his legal team does). Doubtless, this is why the "Tri-State quarantine portion" of the EO is being enforced only by travelers filling out a contact form.
Now that’s just too much work for a Disney Vacation

Well hate to add to the frustrations but I emailed the covid-19@flhealth.gov address and received a completely different answer!>:( I asked specifically if my residence is in NJ and I fly out of PA do I fall under the EO quarantine. I also asked them to verify what they mean by tri state area (they didn't even acknowledge that part) This was their reply:
The whole thing is a joke. I am not worrying about it anymore.

Now that’s just too much work for a Disney Vacation
So my post seems to be repeatedly misread to understand that I would go to court to defend my right to take a vacation.
I repeat that this is not the point I was making. I've reread my wording several times and I don't know how I could edit it to convey my point more clearly.
To satisfy my own curiousity, I've been trying to come to some logical explanations regarding DeSantis and his reluctance to update the EO and why the enforcement of it has been almost non-existant. ie: what *may* be going on behind the scenes in the Governors office. Just kinda spit-balling. I know politicians holding higher office have legal counsel. When I run across some legalities, etc that may fit somehow into this situation, I begin to wonder how this may or may not influence this EO and it's enforcement. I'm an avid researcher and problem-solver. This is more of a hobby and shouldn't be viewed as "work" for a "vacation" and I'm not taking anybody to court.

We are so conflicted supposed to leave August 2nd and now I don’t know which response to follow. It shouldn’t be this difficult to get clear straight consistent answers but I’m not surprised.

I’m also losing any hope that the EO will be updated and corrected on the high risks states. It’s almost 2 weeks now since he extended it and there has been complete silence from his administration.

We are so conflicted supposed to leave August 2nd and now I don’t know which response to follow. It shouldn’t be this difficult to get clear straight consistent answers but I’m not surprised.

I’m also losing any hope that the EO will be updated and corrected on the high risks states. It’s almost 2 weeks now since he extended it and there has been complete silence from his administration.
I'm not really surprised either. I think the Governors office is just going to ride out the pandemic and leave the EO as it was originally composed. At this point any modifications would draw scrutiny of the timeline as regards updating of it (or, in this case, a lack of updating). I'm thinking he'd like to avoid that maybe? Just guessing here.

If you go just mentally prepare yourself for the worst. You can’t get mad if your resort refuses you or you’re denied park entry. I have no idea what’s being enforced but all I’m saying is it’s a chance you need to be willing to take and you can’t get mad if things don’t go your way. This is why I canceled!

Thanks for all your hard work. No idea if I would even go in August, but the whole thing is a joke. I’d be willing to bet that if you sent the same email 3 or 4 times you’d get a different answer each time which is probably the case for most states right now.

I know the basis of my motivation against this EO was originally that its impeding on my vacation.....but now I truly can't help but feel I am being discriminated against and my rights are being violated. I know someone made the comment that it is not legal discrimination (prob the one person who keeps trying to justify the Governor's actions on this thread), but it is bugging me to the point of starting a petition or a class action suit. I likely won't take action though, cause I'll be causing him more harm spending my $ in my own state. Plus, I will be more protected against Covid. Anybody know any great vacations spots around the Tri-state or surrounding areas?

I know the basis of my motivation against this EO was originally that its impeding on my vacation.....but now I truly can't help but feel I am being discriminated against and my rights are being violated. I know someone made the comment that it is not legal discrimination (prob the one person who keeps trying to justify the Governor's actions on this thread), but it is bugging me to the point of starting a petition or a class action suit. I likely won't take action though, cause I'll be causing him more harm spending my $ in my own state. Plus, I will be more protected against Covid. Anybody know any great vacations spots around the Tri-state or surrounding areas?
I know exactly how you feel. right there with you. It is discrimination and seems to be political. That’s why it bugs me. I am going on my trip, not worrying any more.

Exactly! I’m right there with ya on this. Even if I don’t end up going I’m still going to be on top of this and keep the research going because of the blatant political motives behind it and the lack of consideration for the safety of all Florida.

Exactly! I’m right there with ya on this. Even if I don’t end up going I’m still going to be on top of this and keep the research going because of the blatant political motives behind it and the lack of consideration for the safety of all Florida.

Check out the recent posts on this thread. They said no one is checking at the airport anyway.
AP holders from NY, NJ, Conn

This is the Email response I just received:

Thank you for writing to the COVID-19 Call Center.
Pursuant of Executive Order 20-80 and extended in Executive Order 20-112, and Executive Order 20-139, effective June 5, 2020, all persons whose point of departure originates from outside the State of Florida in an area with substantial community spread, to include the New York Tri State Area (Connecticut, New Jersey and New York) and entering the State of Florida through airports to isolate or quarantine for a period of 14 days from the time of entry into the State of Florida or the duration of the person's presence in the State of Florida, whichever is shorter. For the purposes of these orders, “New York Tri-State Area” refers to the entirety of the states of Connecticut, New Jersey, and New York. “Point of Departure” is defined as the location where a flight originated, not the traveler’s place of residence. This Order shall not apply to persons employed by the airlines and those performing military, emergency or health response, or to persons involved in commercial activity and students traveling for the purpose of academic work, internships, sports training and any other activity or program approved by the educational institution. For the purposes of these orders, “commercial activity” is defined as interstate or intrastate commerce. The Florida Department of Health to coordinate with the Florida Division of Emergency Management, each aviation and airport authority in Florida, county and local governments, and law enforcement agencies to effectuate the isolation or quarantine outlined above.
This is an emerging, rapidly evolving situation. The CDC and State of Florida will continue to provide updated information and guidance through their websites.

Please be sure to visit and regularly monitor the Department's dedicated COVID-19 webpage at www.FloridaHealth.gov/COVID-19. This remains the best and most up-to-date resource for information and guidance regarding COVID-19 in Florida.

You may also visit CDC’s website for more information regarding COVID-19 at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/

The Call Center can be reached by calling 1-866-779-6121 or emailing COVID-19@flhealth.gov and is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

COVID-19 Call Center

Last edited:
I know exactly how you feel. right there with you. It is discrimination and seems to be political. That’s why it bugs me. I am going on my trip, not worrying any more.
It is not discrimination in which someone/entity can be sued. It is not one of the "classes" of anti-discrimination in which a person launch a lawsuit.

As a Florida resident, at this point I think the EO is pretty much a joke. Trying to figure out why DeSantis doesn't lift the EO. Remember he is the guy that did not acknowledge Florida recevied Remvid (or whatever that medicine is called that helps on Covid cases) from guess where? Yep from New York state.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter