• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Crowd Outlook

Agreed. Why can't they be more like Universal and be simple? I don't want to have spreadsheet of schedules when I am on vacation.
Disney would have to charge at least $500/person on a slow day to prevent too many from buying.

It doesn't matter at this point what skip the line service Disney has. It doesn't fix the core issue in that Disney does not have enough ride capacity for these services to function properly with the level of attendance the parks currently have.
literally the only park that has the ride capacity is MK.

if you actually sit down and look at the ride capacity the other 3 parks has compared to MK or well; even your local theme park, they just simply dont compare.

I dont need a lighting lane for Nemo, Figment, or living with the land. but i want them for Test Track, Remy, and Soarin. and honestly, there's a good chance you wont get either Test Track, Remy, or Frozen after the first 2 hours is up.

Last edited:
literally the only park that has the ride capacity is MK.

if you actually sit down and look at the ride capacity the other 3 parks has compared to MK or well; even your local theme park, they just simply dont compare.

I dont need a lighting lane for Nemo, Figment, living seas, or living with the land. but i want them for Test Track, and Remy, and Soarin. and honestly, there's a good chance you wont get either Test Track, Remy, or Frozen after the first 2 hours is up.
You could make the argument that even MK is under built considering it's the most attended theme park in the world.

Last weekend I went to Busch Gardens Tampa and compared to AK (they're both zoo parks), Busch Gardens has WAY more to do. The rides aren't as well themed or immersive like Flight of Passage but it's definitely not a half day park. Even if you don't like coasters there are tons of cool animal exhibits and tours.

It doesn't matter at this point what skip the line service Disney has. It doesn't fix the core issue in that Disney does not have enough ride capacity for these services to function properly with the level of attendance the parks currently have.
And IMO as it currently stands any expansion plans for WDW are likely in limbo until everything surrounding the lawsuits and ongoings with CFTOD is resolved.

CFTOD was supposed to have a meeting last week discussing amending all of the permitting fees and all as well as possibly updating the EPCOT Building Codes, but that was canceled.

the core issue in that Disney does not have enough ride capacity
There is enough ride (or at least, attraction) capacity in that there is always something one could do. The problem is that there is not enough capacity on the super-headliners for everyone who would want to experience them.

And that problem is not at all unique to Disney. For example, I'm betting that even on a slow day Iron Gwazi still pulls a healthy wait all day long.

There is enough ride (or at least, attraction) capacity in that there is always something one could do. The problem is that there is not enough capacity on the super-headliners for everyone who would want to experience them.

And that problem is not at all unique to Disney. For example, I'm betting that even on a slow day Iron Gwazi still pulls a healthy wait all day long.

This is true. There are certain popular things that guests flock to - and that has always been the case. The new stuff is so popular as to be competitive, and some stalwart classics are still popular too. They actually need to add some new rides that are solid but mid-tier - something like a new omnimover style ride that has high capacity. Something cool but that wouldn't be what people race for at rope drop.

Last edited:

Yeah that's what I meant. No one is paying $160+ to go to Hollywood Studios and experience Vacation Fun and Star Tours.

I rode Gwazi 4 times and didn't wait more than 25 minutes each time (not complaining btw, well except that my brain is now a scrambled egg).

Yeah, I'm bummed I missed it when I went, but was with a non-rider and didn't want to strand them for as long as it would have taken to ride it. But it is On My List.

Yeah, I'm bummed I missed it when I went, but was with a non-rider and didn't want to strand them for as long as it would have taken to ride it. But it is On My List.
And right there is justification excuse #1 for doing all the planning for a return trip in the near future!! Without the non-rider, of course!

"Sorry Mom. I know you are snowbirding just down the road, but you don't get to come to the park with me."

Yeah, that's not going to work.

i mean yeah...id agree.

the amount of planning is too complicated.

ive always said that i want a mix of old paper fast pass, and the old fast pass plus.
I don't find it complicated so much as that it doesn't really solve any pre-planning. FastPass+ was done well in advance and you could plan dining, park breaks everything else around the return times. One week or 3 days out from your trips 1st park day you are trying to organize your life, pack and get your work life in order. Same day Genie+ at least let you focus on that day.

I am not sure why but I thought it would be well in advance to allow people time to make changes or adjust dining or whatever.

I dont need a lighting lane for Nemo, Figment, or living with the land. but i want them for Test Track, Remy, and Soarin. and honestly, there's a good chance you wont get either Test Track, Remy, or Frozen after the first 2 hours is up.
I've seen wait times of 45+ min on busier days for Figment and Land so leave the LL option there since they're among my favorite rides. They can sell iLL for TT, Remy, and Frozen.

In other Theme Park news Sea World reported attendance dropped 2.8% for the 3rd Quarter 2023 vs the same period in 2022.

https://www.seaworldinvestors.com/n...d-First-Nine-Months-2023-Results/default.aspx

Disney will share their attendance comparison later this afternoon.
Here is what Disney said in its Earning report Nov. 8.

"Experiences operating income increased by over 30% versus the prior-year quarter, with year over year growth across all international sites, Disney Cruise Line, Disney Vacatio Club and Disneyland Resort. At Walt Disney World, we continue to manage against wage inflation and challenging comparisons to the prior year from the 50th anniversary celebration."

“Disneyland continues to look exceptionally strong,” Interim Disney CFO Kevin Lansberry said on a call with investment analysts. “We’re not really seeing anything in terms of an economic hangover.”

"Experiences operating income increased by over 30% versus the prior-year quarter, with year over year growth across all international sites, Disney Cruise Line, Disney Vacation Club and Disneyland Resort. At Walt Disney World, we continue to manage against wage inflation and challenging comparisons to the prior year from the 50th anniversary celebration."

“Disneyland continues to look exceptionally strong,” Interim Disney CFO Kevin Lansberry said on a call with investment analysts. “We’re not really seeing anything in terms of an economic hangover.”
Sounds like yada yada yada
I mean Disney cut staff so that would help with the 30% not to mention the $$$$ increase to even go to Disney World.

"Experiences operating income increased by over 30% versus the prior-year quarter, with year over year growth across all international sites, Disney Cruise Line, Disney Vacatio Club and Disneyland Resort. At Walt Disney World, we continue to manage against wage inflation and challenging comparisons to the prior year from the 50th anniversary celebration."

Yeah forgot they don’t file a 10-Q with the SEC for Q4 which would normally show the % change per quarter YoY. Now it’s just a few weeks from now when they file a 10-K to show the annualized attendance data YoY

Sounds like yada yada yada
I mean Disney cut staff so that would help with the 30% not to mention the $$$$ increase to even go to Disney World.
Maybe I read wrong somewhere, but I thought I read spending per guest was down also?

Could be wrong

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter