• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Current Ship Staff & Movies

Just bumping for any updates. If you remember any names at all please feel free to post. If anyone has been on the Dream in the last couple of weeks would really like a Captain/Cruise Director update.

Bump, if you have cruised recently, please reply back with the info you can remember. Trying to keep this thread up to date as we get a lot of requests for this info. Thanks!
----
I am volunteering, if you all are interested, to keep this thread updated in this post with the current staff onboard each of the 4 ships (as people reply I will keep the top post updated). I will need your help though! When you cruise, please reply to this thread with the following information (if anyone thinks we should track additional people or items, please let me know and I can add):

Sail Date:
Ship Name:
Captain:
Cruise Director:
Assistant Cruise Director:
Club Host:
Cruise staff:
Movies playing in the theaters:

Dream (as of 02/10/2017)
  • Captain: Thord
  • Cruise Director: Peter
  • Assistant Cruise Director: Ashley
  • Club Host: Mars
  • Cruise staff:
    • Mars
    • Jonathon
    • Jasmine
    • Dustin
    • Elle (Pronounced L)
  • Movies playing in the theaters (Literally the only 3 movies playing_:
    • Moana
    • Doctor Strange
    • Rogue One
-------
**Interesting news**
As some of you may have seen posted in one of the previous posts I made here, they didn't have a club host. The assistant cruise director was filling that role. I am pleased to let you all know that the club host position has returned to the Dream. I was able to find out that in fact them not having a club host was a test they were doing to see if they could get rid of that position but guest feedback (including mine) was very strong and they have brought that position back. Mars was new (only 3 weeks in) but he was doing a decent job so far. Peter was a great Cruise Director as well. He even wore a Pirate coat on Pirate night which I'd not seen done on any of our other 5 cruises on the Dream.

Dream (as of 02/10/2017)
  • Captain: Thord
  • Cruise Director: Peter
  • Assistant Cruise Director: Ashley
  • Club Host: Mars
  • Cruise staff:
    • Mars
    • Jonathon
    • Jasmine
    • Dustin
    • Elle (Pronounced L)
  • Movies playing in the theaters (Literally the only 3 movies playing_:
    • Moana
    • Doctor Strange
    • Rogue One
-------
**Interesting news**
As some of you may have seen posted in one of the previous posts I made here, they didn't have a club host. The assistant cruise director was filling that role. I am pleased to let you all know that the club host position has returned to the Dream. I was able to find out that in fact them not having a club host was a test they were doing to see if they could get rid of that position but guest feedback (including mine) was very strong and they have brought that position back. Mars was new (only 3 weeks in) but he was doing a decent job so far. Peter was a great Cruise Director as well. He even wore a Pirate coat on Pirate night which I'd not seen done on any of our other 5 cruises on the Dream.

Thank you for this! I was one of the people wondering about the details you supplied above. Funny side note, Peter was our CD 5 years back.... And he wore the Pirate coat outfit you're prob referring to, which nicely matched one of my daughters' pirate outfits, he posed for a pic with her bc he thought they matched as well! I'll have to see if I can find it. Thank you for the good info!

Thank you for this! I was one of the people wondering about the details you supplied above. Funny side note, Peter was our CD 5 years back.... And he wore the Pirate coat outfit you're prob referring to, which nicely matched one of my daughters' pirate outfits, he posed for a pic with her bc he thought they matched as well! I'll have to see if I can find it. Thank you for the good info!

Thank you, I'm hoping to keep this thread alive because I know a lot of folks want to know who's where. Peter was a very good Cruise Director and I got to chat with he and Captain Thord for a good bit at the Gold/Platinum reception. You could tell they were both very passionate about their position and dedicated to the guest experience. I'm also a fan of Captain Thord. He is always very informative when he speaks over the intercom and you can tell he runs a tight ship.

February 4th to 11th: Fantasy

Captain: Fabian
CD: Jimmy
Assistant CD: new guy, cannot remember his name
Club Host: Joshie
Entertainment team: (just a few names I can recall) Dollar Deano, Maxx, Sarah, Holly, Raf, Cody

Movies playing:

Star Wars all the movies played in order leading up to Rogue One playing many times on Thursday (aka SWDAS)

Also:
Dr. Strange
Moana

Wow, I hope that wears off by the summertime!

By Summertime it will be Beauty and the Beast, Moana and Rogue One as the primary. Dr. Strange will be relegated to playing once and possibly at a time that no one will be able to attend. :)
Which is a shame since I really liked that movie.

By Summertime it will be Beauty and the Beast, Moana and Rogue One as the primary. Dr. Strange will be relegated to playing once and possibly at a time that no one will be able to attend. :)
Which is a shame since I really liked that movie.

When I saw the trailers for the new Beauty and the Beast movie, I said to my daughters, Yey! We'll be able to see it as much as we want on the cruise! :yay:

Maybe we'll sneak in some Dr Strange as well. ;)

February 4th to 11th: Fantasy

Captain: Fabian
CD: Jimmy
Assistant CD: new guy, cannot remember his name
Club Host: Joshie
Entertainment team: (just a few names I can recall) Dollar Deano, Maxx, Sarah, Holly, Raf, Cody

Movies playing:

Star Wars all the movies played in order leading up to Rogue One playing many times on Thursday (aka SWDAS)

Also:
Dr. Strange
Moana

Thank you!

Which is a shame since I really liked that movie

We watched it on our November cruise and I was pleasantly surprised as well. It was a great movie! Sadly we never found a time to watch that one again on this most recent cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter